Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 1102

Thread: Supplements

  1. #316
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    1,600
    vCash
    1500
    listen as someone new to supplements I must say PWO stuff is amazing and I can beast so to say it doesn't do anything is not true

    there are stimulants for energy (caffeine, B vitamins at high levels) and creatine

    other than that I am taking glutamine which is a naturally occurring amino acid that aids in affixing proteins during muscle recovery. I also drink a low calorie protein shake

    diet for me has been critical as well egg whites, boiled chicken, low calorie high grade protein. I do think you should be careful with **** that ****s with your hormones
    Hi There

    JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    9,293
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by draino View Post
    I do think you should be careful with **** that ****s with your hormones
    yea, I had seen thyroid pills at a supplement store one time, I think it was either T4 or T3. I can't wrap my head around how that could possibly be legal!! That can easily lead to hypothyroidism and medication for life

  3. #318
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,834
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Nothing. Your body doesn't absorb it. You **** it out.

    Your body can only absorb a certain amount of creatine. There's no ill-effects of creatine loading other than a loose bowel movement.


    Oh really? Lets see that study.




    Like what? You fail to post any specifics, you just continue to babble on about broad over-supplementation.

    You mad that I take agmatine and cit mal daily as part of a PWO blend?
    I don't say this often.... but good post Corey
    **********

  4. #319
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Exton
    Posts
    18,678
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    As for people who say these products do no dmg to your CNS, that is dead wrong. Think of your body as a car. Remember fast and furious when it came out? Everyone went out and bought a bunch of mods for there hondas. Made there hondas as fast as possible. Those hondas all died off way faster than normal hondas. They weren't built to go that fast, there engines, electrical work, everything shut down.

    Your body is the same thing. Take a bunch of a foreign products, shove them in your tummy, you might be faster for a month or two, and than it completely breaks down.
    Ok, so don't eat anything foreign. Got it. You do realize that your body, unlike a car, is built to adapt over time, right? Not only that, but the fact that thousands of years ago, our diets were COMPLETELY different than they are today. So yes, putting foreign things in your body can be damaging, but can't fly if you're afraid of falling. That's why these companies do studies behind these products.

    There's a reason steroids are bad, not because they don't work, but because they rip you up inside, burn out your testosterone levels, and completely destroy your CNS. In UFC there are 28 year olds already taking Testosterone Regenerate Treatment. this crap is for old men.
    Steroids are bad, mkay.

    He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

    Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

  5. #320
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    4,507
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Whatever you say bro...

    The bro science is strong in this one.
    thank you for making my point

    you have no validation or credibility

  6. #321
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,895
    vCash
    0
    I dont think anyone is arguing steriods are good for you, lol....

  7. #322
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,419
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    You'll lose weight if you're at a caloric deficit...It doesn't matter what foods you consume.

    If you're maintenance calories are ~2300....You could eat 1900 calories of burger king as your diet and still lose weight.

    Obviously this isn't a healthy option, but the point remains that your total amount of calories each day is the determining factor in your weight gain/loss.
    Gotcha. What exactly are maintenance calories though?
    Philadelphia Phillies
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia Sixers
    Philadelphia Flyers

  8. #323
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    4,507
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadStBullies View Post
    Gotcha. What exactly are maintenance calories though?
    the amount of calories it takes for you to maintain your current body weight

    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

  9. #324
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37,572
    vCash
    2100
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker:22986703
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadStBullies View Post
    Gotcha. What exactly are maintenance calories though?
    the amount of calories it takes for you to maintain your current body weight

    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    To add on to this post, it's different for everyone.

    Unless you pay a lot of money for a device that you wear, the only real way to find out your maintenance cals is through estimation and trial/error.

  10. #325
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    4,507
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    To add on to this post, it's different for everyone.

    Unless you pay a lot of money for a device that you wear, the only real way to find out your maintenance cals is through estimation and trial/error.
    True

  11. #326
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,040
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by theLgndKllr35 View Post
    Ok, so don't eat anything foreign. Got it. You do realize that your body, unlike a car, is built to adapt over time, right? Not only that, but the fact that thousands of years ago, our diets were COMPLETELY different than they are today. So yes, putting foreign things in your body can be damaging, but can't fly if you're afraid of falling. That's why these companies do studies behind these products.



    Steroids are bad, mkay.
    That's part of my point, it took thousands of years to evolve to different kinds of foods, many of which our bodies still have not fully accepted and learned how to properly break down.

    Yet you guys think in the course of just a few years our bodies have learned to take in a bunch of powdered products built in some factory in China, probably ny the same people who make stuff like bath salts. Everytime you put thst crap in your body, your an experiment.

    Because nobody knows what's really going to happen.

    Again, you guys swear these products are safe and company thoroughly tests them, that's the biggest joke ever. And an even bigger joke is the fact that these companies tell you, CYCLE OFF, no one tells you to cycle off lettuce or to make sure you drink lots of water w it.

    Why would they tell you that? Hmm

  12. #327
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    4,507
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    That's part of my point, it took thousands of years to evolve to different kinds of foods, many of which our bodies still have not fully accepted and learned how to properly break down.

    Yet you guys think in the course of just a few years our bodies have learned to take in a bunch of powdered products built in some factory in China, probably ny the same people who make stuff like bath salts. Everytime you put thst crap in your body, your an experiment.

    Because nobody knows what's really going to happen.

    Again, you guys swear these products are safe and company thoroughly tests them, that's the biggest joke ever. And an even bigger joke is the fact that these companies tell you, CYCLE OFF, no one tells you to cycle off lettuce or to make sure you drink lots of water w it.

    Why would they tell you that? Hmm
    Do you understand the point of cycling off? You build up a tolerance to stimulants (and creatine) so over time, the effects are much weaker.

    I am still waiting for you to provide me instances where people die from supplements

  13. #328
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37,572
    vCash
    2100
    Addix, you've not posted one legitimate source to back up any of your statements.

    It's all your opinion that you're claiming to be factual.

    Companies advise you to cycle off certain products because your body builds a tolerance.
    Last edited by Corey; 07-18-2012 at 01:53 PM.

  14. #329
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    18,380
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    That's part of my point, it took thousands of years to evolve to different kinds of foods, many of which our bodies still have not fully accepted and learned how to properly break down.

    Yet you guys think in the course of just a few years our bodies have learned to take in a bunch of powdered products built in some factory in China, probably ny the same people who make stuff like bath salts. Everytime you put thst crap in your body, your an experiment.

    Because nobody knows what's really going to happen.

    Again, you guys swear these products are safe and company thoroughly tests them, that's the biggest joke ever. And an even bigger joke is the fact that these companies tell you, CYCLE OFF, no one tells you to cycle off lettuce or to make sure you drink lots of water w it.

    Why would they tell you that? Hmm
    You forgot to mention that everyone over 6 feet tall is no longer classified as a human but a special breed of Illuminati moose.

  15. #330
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Now
    Posts
    17,660
    vCash
    1500
    Courtesy bump.

Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •