Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Supplements

vCash
    listen as someone new to supplements I must say PWO stuff is amazing and I can beast so to say it doesn't do anything is not true

there are stimulants for energy (caffeine, B vitamins at high levels) and creatine

other than that I am taking glutamine which is a naturally occurring amino acid that aids in affixing proteins during muscle recovery. I also drink a low calorie protein shake

diet for me has been critical as well egg whites, boiled chicken, low calorie high grade protein. I do think you should be careful with **** that ****s with your hormones
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by draino View Post
    I do think you should be careful with **** that ****s with your hormones
    yea, I had seen thyroid pills at a supplement store one time, I think it was either T4 or T3. I can't wrap my head around how that could possibly be legal!! That can easily lead to hypothyroidism and medication for life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Nothing. Your body doesn't absorb it. You **** it out.

Your body can only absorb a certain amount of creatine. There's no ill-effects of creatine loading other than a loose bowel movement.

Oh really? Lets see that study.

Like what? You fail to post any specifics, you just continue to babble on about broad over-supplementation.

You mad that I take agmatine and cit mal daily as part of a PWO blend?
    I don't say this often.... but good post Corey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    As for people who say these products do no dmg to your CNS, that is dead wrong. Think of your body as a car. Remember fast and furious when it came out? Everyone went out and bought a bunch of mods for there hondas. Made there hondas as fast as possible. Those hondas all died off way faster than normal hondas. They weren't built to go that fast, there engines, electrical work, everything shut down.

Your body is the same thing. Take a bunch of a foreign products, shove them in your tummy, you might be faster for a month or two, and than it completely breaks down.
    Ok, so don't eat anything foreign. Got it. You do realize that your body, unlike a car, is built to adapt over time, right? Not only that, but the fact that thousands of years ago, our diets were COMPLETELY different than they are today. So yes, putting foreign things in your body can be damaging, but can't fly if you're afraid of falling. That's why these companies do studies behind these products.

There's a reason steroids are bad, not because they don't work, but because they rip you up inside, burn out your testosterone levels, and completely destroy your CNS. In UFC there are 28 year olds already taking Testosterone Regenerate Treatment. this crap is for old men.
    Steroids are bad, mkay.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    Whatever you say bro...

The bro science is strong in this one.
    thank you for making my point

you have no validation or credibility

vCash
    I dont think anyone is arguing steriods are good for you, lol....

vCash
    You'll lose weight if you're at a caloric deficit...It doesn't matter what foods you consume.

If you're maintenance calories are ~2300....You could eat 1900 calories of burger king as your diet and still lose weight.

Obviously this isn't a healthy option, but the point remains that your total amount of calories each day is the determining factor in your weight gain/loss.
    Gotcha. What exactly are maintenance calories though?
    Philadelphia Phillies
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia Sixers
    Philadelphia Flyers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadStBullies View Post
    the amount of calories it takes for you to maintain your current body weight

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker:22986703
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadStBullies View Post
    the amount of calories it takes for you to maintain your current body weight

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    To add on to this post, it's different for everyone.

Unless you pay a lot of money for a device that you wear, the only real way to find out your maintenance cals is through estimation and trial/error.

vCash
    To add on to this post, it's different for everyone.

Unless you pay a lot of money for a device that you wear, the only real way to find out your maintenance cals is through estimation and trial/error.
    True

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theLgndKllr35 View Post
    Ok, so don't eat anything foreign. Got it. You do realize that your body, unlike a car, is built to adapt over time, right? Not only that, but the fact that thousands of years ago, our diets were COMPLETELY different than they are today. So yes, putting foreign things in your body can be damaging, but can't fly if you're afraid of falling. That's why these companies do studies behind these products.

Steroids are bad, mkay.
    That's part of my point, it took thousands of years to evolve to different kinds of foods, many of which our bodies still have not fully accepted and learned how to properly break down.

Yet you guys think in the course of just a few years our bodies have learned to take in a bunch of powdered products built in some factory in China, probably ny the same people who make stuff like bath salts. Everytime you put thst crap in your body, your an experiment.

Because nobody knows what's really going to happen.

Again, you guys swear these products are safe and company thoroughly tests them, that's the biggest joke ever. And an even bigger joke is the fact that these companies tell you, CYCLE OFF, no one tells you to cycle off lettuce or to make sure you drink lots of water w it.

Why would they tell you that? Hmm

vCash
    That's part of my point, it took thousands of years to evolve to different kinds of foods, many of which our bodies still have not fully accepted and learned how to properly break down.

Yet you guys think in the course of just a few years our bodies have learned to take in a bunch of powdered products built in some factory in China, probably ny the same people who make stuff like bath salts. Everytime you put thst crap in your body, your an experiment.

Again, you guys swear these products are safe and company thoroughly tests them, that's the biggest joke ever. And an even bigger joke is the fact that these companies tell you, CYCLE OFF, no one tells you to cycle off lettuce or to make sure you drink lots of water w it.

Do you understand the point of cycling off? You build up a tolerance to stimulants (and creatine) so over time, the effects are much weaker.

I am still waiting for you to provide me instances where people die from supplements

vCash
    Addix, you've not posted one legitimate source to back up any of your statements.

It's all your opinion that you're claiming to be factual.

Companies advise you to cycle off certain products because your body builds a tolerance.
    Last edited by Corey; 07-18-2012 at 01:53 PM.

vCash

You forgot to mention that everyone over 6 feet tall is no longer classified as a human but a special breed of Illuminati moose.

vCash
    Courtesy bump.

Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast