Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Supplements

vCash
    Depending on the severity of your joint pain, glucosamine on its own might not be enough.

It can be effective, though.

If you dont notice any improvements in joint function after a while, try stacking it with Chondroiton and Cissus, or look into a product like Osteo-Sport from App. Nut.

If you aren't already taking a multi+fish oil, you should add that as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post
    have any of you tried glucosamine supplements? I think I have a chronic arthritis problem with my knees, but I bought some today.
    i know someone who took Beverley's joint supplements and love it. when i started taking fish oil my joint pain basically disappeared overnight.

if you get fish oil though, get a brand that USP certified for ask us if it's good. some cheaper brands use a lot of fillers.

to tell if it's good or not, put it in the freezer for 5 hours. if it's still all squishy and not frozen solid, it's good. real oil doesn't freeze but cheap fillers will.

vCash
    Tried my sample of Hemavol yesterday. Mixed it with 22 oz of water and definitely felt a solid pump throughout my workout. Felt like I could lift stronger than usual and had more endurance...

I have to do a ton of yard work tomorrow. I'm thinking of using my sample of Maximize Intense to help a little bit. Anyone that has used it and still uses it, how many oz of water should I mix with it?

vCash
    does anyone use MusclePharm CLA? bb.com has it buy 2 get 1 free. i'm thinking about trying it but idk

vCash
    Does anyone know what Androbolix300 is? If so any info on it or if you use it have you gotten results?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    does anyone use MusclePharm CLA? bb.com has it buy 2 get 1 free. i'm thinking about trying it but idk
    CLA is a waste of money. You're already taking a multi and have a good diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHughesUnit View Post
    Does anyone know what Androbolix300 is? If so any info on it or if you use it have you gotten results?
    Androbolix is supposed to be a natty test booster, but I've heard nothing good about it.

If you're looking for something with proven results, check out APE by AEN. Plenty of people have gotten bloodwork done before and after and saw big rises in test at the end of their run of APE.

May I ask why you're looking into test boosters though?
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyForLife90 View Post
    I have to do a ton of yard work tomorrow. I'm thinking of using my sample of Maximize Intense to help a little bit. Anyone that has used it and still uses it, how many oz of water should I mix with it?
    I usually stack MI with Hemavol with about 20oz of water. Try 10 to start and add more depending on flavor. Be careful though, you might want to sip it over the course of your yard work instead of drinking it all at once.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    CLA is a waste of money. You're already taking a multi and have a good diet.
    i've never tried it but i saw someone posted a picture of it on facebook and in the comments he was talking about how great it is. but yet he also just started working and i doubt he really knows anything about lifting or supplements.

vCash
    People take CLA because they think it aids in fat loss and muscle retention, but clinical studies have shown otherwise. Not only did testing show that CLA had no positive affect on fat loss, testing showed an adverse affect on glucose metabolism, blood lipids and insulin sensitivity.

It's utterly useless, and anything that anyone claims they get from it is 100% placebo.

While were on the topic of bogus supplements, independently funded testing has shown that ZMA has absolutely no affect on testosterone, body comp., or strength like Victor Conte (creator) suggests.
    Last edited by Corey; 06-03-2012 at 04:43 PM.

vCash
    i don't notice any difference in ZMA, but it does make me sleep a lot deeper. also Zinc is just good for you and it's cheap.

how do you feel about using Green Tea extract as a fat burner?

vCash
    I took ZMA a few times before and every time I took I got the worst headaches ever and vomited.

vCash
    did you take it with calcium in your stomach? like milk?

vCash
    I take ZMA at night before I hit the sack. I get a great deep sleep from it, and I don't get that groggy feeling when I wake up. I literally jump out of bed ready to go!
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    I'm about to run out of Neurocore so I just got some C4 off bodybuilding.com after y'all raving about it on here. They're running a 2 for 1 deal for anyone who's interested.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    i don't notice any difference in ZMA, but it does make me sleep a lot deeper. also Zinc is just good for you and it's cheap.

how do you feel about using Green Tea extract as a fat burner?
    It's fat burning as a standalone product is nil, but it has other health benefits that make it a useful part of your daily intake.

As a piece of a fatburning stack, it's useful. On its own, meh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theLgndKllr35 View Post
    I'm about to run out of Neurocore so I just got some C4 off bodybuilding.com after y'all raving about it on here. They're running a 2 for 1 deal for anyone who's interested.
    I'll take your free one. PM'd you my address

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast