Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 1102

Thread: Supplements

  1. #196
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37,255
    vCash
    2100
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    What are your guys opinion on thermogenics?
    They wont burn fat for you.

    Can curb appetite and give energy.

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37,255
    vCash
    2100
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post






    I guess that makes 3 of us
    The following is a prime example of why debating with you is pointless:
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    it is also hard to reach toxic levels from multivitamins
    That's an absolutely absurd statement...And you actually believe that it's true.

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,790
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    The following is a prime example of why debating with you is pointless:


    That's an absolutely absurd statement...And you actually believe that it's true.
    obviously if you take a lot it is going to be toxic. i have already said that. anyone with half a brain would say that. he said it is hard to get toxic levels by just getting your vitamins through food, and i said it is also hard to get toxic levels through vitamins. if you take the suggest dose, then your aren't going to be getting too much. look at Orange Triad. all the vitamins are very high doses. vitamin B12 has over 8000% daily value.

    and the reason you are hard to argue with is because you have your views and if someone else's views don't perfectly match up with yours then their wrong. like i've posted stuff in the past with a source and you'll just be like "nope. that's wrong". thats why i never post links when you want them because i just get a response like that so it's not even worth my time to look for one.

    but i'm honestly tired of it. obviously i'm not going to agree with you, no matter what you post. and your not going to agree with me, no matter than i post. it's just pointless at this point.
    Last edited by jlohm1; 06-21-2012 at 12:15 AM.
    **********

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37,255
    vCash
    2100
    I agree with things that are correct, and I disagree with things that are proven incorrect by science.

    You can connect the dots.

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,816
    vCash
    1500
    what is a "beginner" supplement you guys can recommend? At this point all I do is diet and protein powder. I had good results with creatine, I might mess with that again. Any certain brands with better formulas?

    I've read about some pre workout stuff that vasodilates and gives you some energy. Any experience with this?

    How bout testosterone boosters?

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    11,700
    vCash
    1500
    diet and protein

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,816
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    diet and protein

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,409
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    They wont burn fat for you.

    Can curb appetite and give energy.
    Lol that's exactly what I wanted. I have already altered my diet pretty will prior to starting them and I kill cardio pretty hard every day. Hoping I can cut.

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    11,700
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    seriously all you need. diet, protein and proper technique

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Exton
    Posts
    18,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    what is a "beginner" supplement you guys can recommend? At this point all I do is diet and protein powder. I had good results with creatine, I might mess with that again. Any certain brands with better formulas?

    I've read about some pre workout stuff that vasodilates and gives you some energy. Any experience with this?

    How bout testosterone boosters?
    Pretty basic rundown, I'll try and help with...

    Diet: Hit your macros (fat, carb, protein) and make sure you are eating in caloric surplus or deficit depending on your goal. Experiment with different macro ratio, but if you want a guideline, maybe 45 carb, 35 protein, 20 fat. You can switch it up to what works for you.

    This is what I do, again, doesn't have to be exact, just hit your macros and you'll be fine.

    Preworkout:
    1-2 hours before workout: Cytogainer and B-Complex 125 vitamin
    30 mins prior: Cellucor C4

    Postworkout:
    15 mins after: Universal Carbo Plus with Powerade
    1:15 after: Cytogainer

    Before bed: Optimum Nutrition Casein

    If you want to know the specifics of what any of them do, just google the name. It will tell you.

    He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

    Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,816
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theLgndKllr35 View Post
    Pretty basic rundown, I'll try and help with...

    Diet: Hit your macros (fat, carb, protein) and make sure you are eating in caloric surplus or deficit depending on your goal. Experiment with different macro ratio, but if you want a guideline, maybe 45 carb, 35 protein, 20 fat. You can switch it up to what works for you.

    This is what I do, again, doesn't have to be exact, just hit your macros and you'll be fine.

    Preworkout:
    1-2 hours before workout: Cytogainer and B-Complex 125 vitamin
    30 mins prior: Cellucor C4

    Postworkout:
    15 mins after: Universal Carbo Plus with Powerade
    1:15 after: Cytogainer

    Before bed: Optimum Nutrition Casein

    If you want to know the specifics of what any of them do, just google the name. It will tell you.
    good looks man.

    I'm a lil confused about one thing, as it seems you're taking a carb load POST workout. From everything I've read, I'm under the impression the best time to get a dose of carbs would be pre workout. When I had an actual kitchen, I used to hit a mean plate of spaghetti an hour before workouts, worked beautifully, very noticeable difference in my workouts.

    I'm actually pretty interested in that cellucor c4, can you elaborate a bit on your personal experience with it? If you've taken other creatines, how would you compare it?
    Last edited by nastynice; 06-22-2012 at 07:47 PM.

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37,255
    vCash
    2100
    Meal timing doesn't matter for the most part...I prefer carbs before a workout too. Good fuel, and causes you to get a pretty good pump.

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,816
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    seriously all you need. diet, protein and proper technique
    yea i know, but i wanna cheat

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,816
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Meal timing doesn't matter for the most part...I prefer carbs before a workout too. Good fuel, and causes you to get a pretty good pump.
    if you have a lot of carbs before bed, doesn't it end up getting stored as fat?

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,790
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    if you have a lot of carbs before bed, doesn't it end up getting stored as fat?
    carbs in general can if you have too much
    **********

Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •