Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Supplements

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I like blends. XF UP2.0, Trutein, Protean are among my favorite.
    Never heard of that one before, I will have to look into it. By the way, you seem like the most knowledgeable when it comes to the sups., have you heard of Tri Pharm K-4 creatine? Or any Intek nutrition products? Im using the K-4 creatine right now that my buddy sells in his nutrition shop and I am also using Intek nutrition pre workout. I hadn't heard of either of these lines until my buddy introduced them to me. They seem legit. Just wondering your thoughts on them if you have heard of them.

vCash
    I honestly dont know much about either.

FWIW, most creatine products are the same. I personally wouldn't get anything other than Creatine Mono since you can get a year's supply for around $20, but designer creatines are cool if that's what you like.

Looking over Intek's pre-workout leaves me underwhelmed. The formula seems out of date. Arginine is pretty useless and it's the main ingredient in the prop blend.

No Agmatine, Cit Mal, COP....I personally wouldn't spend money on it. It has Beta Alanine and DMAA which is good though.

vCash
    I honestly dont know much about either.

FWIW, most creatine products are the same. I personally wouldn't get anything other than Creatine Mono since you can get a year's supply for around $20, but designer creatines are cool if that's what you like.

Looking over Intek's pre-workout leaves me underwhelmed. The formula seems out of date. Arginine is pretty useless and it's the main ingredient in the prop blend.

No Agmatine, Cit Mal, COP....I personally wouldn't spend money on it. It has Beta Alanine and DMAA which is good though.
    Thank you for your insight, brotha. I will start looking into other pre workouts. I guess I can't go wrong with the C4. A lot of people in here seem to like it.

vCash
    Cellucor is a solid company. A lot of their other products are a bit overpriced for what's in the ingredients, but C4 can be found at a fair price.

Speaking of Cellucor, they just released a new whey protein. Haven't heard much about it, but I know they have a Peanut Butter Marshmallow flavor..

vCash
    C4 on BB is like 40$ for 60 servings, one of the better values out there. Especially considering the product.

vCash
    Cellucor is a solid company. A lot of their other products are a bit overpriced for what's in the ingredients, but C4 can be found at a fair price.

Speaking of Cellucor, they just released a new whey protein. Haven't heard much about it, but I know they have a Peanut Butter Marshmallow flavor..
    That sounds f-ing awesome. I just picked up some of the C4 today at my buddy's shop. It was $27. Got another question on another supplement brand, Tokkyo Nutrition... You ever hear of them?

vCash
    Hey Corey,

I took C4 as my prework out for a few months at the begining of the year but then switched to MusclePharm Assault in june and just re-upped on it. Now I'm split on both of them, meaning I don't prefer one over the other as I think they are both great. However when I re-ordered they gave me a free sample of C4(Icey Blue Razz). I get tingles on C4 just like before, which is fine(it makes me feel slightly more amped up). So on Tuesday I took the last of the free C4 and worked arms and shoulders.

I was seated at an incline and was doing hanging curls with 40's. I'm trying to tighten my mid section more when I do any lift now btw. But as I did it for this particular lift I experienced EXTREME pins and needles all over my body as if it had fallen asleep. It would go away as I relaxed but came back each time I tightened up.

What's the deal?

vCash
    This may be a really stupid question, but do supplements go bad. I bought a simple Creatine Monohydrate from my friend about 3-4 years ago. Just started to use it again the other day to go along with my Trutien.

Just wondering if its useless now or can have any negative effects after time. Again, I know could be dumb question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyanks79 View Post
    This may be a really stupid question, but do supplements go bad. I bought a simple Creatine Monohydrate from my friend about 3-4 years ago. Just started to use it again the other day to go along with my Trutien.

Just wondering if its useless now or can have any negative effects after time. Again, I know could be dumb question.
    I could be wrong but I doubt creatine goes bad

vCash

Check the label - it'll have an expiration date just like any other food/nutrition product.

"Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear. We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us." --Ndamokung Suh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebirth67 View Post
    Hey Corey,

I took C4 as my prework out for a few months at the begining of the year but then switched to MusclePharm Assault in june and just re-upped on it. Now I'm split on both of them, meaning I don't prefer one over the other as I think they are both great. However when I re-ordered they gave me a free sample of C4(Icey Blue Razz). I get tingles on C4 just like before, which is fine(it makes me feel slightly more amped up). So on Tuesday I took the last of the free C4 and worked arms and shoulders.

I was seated at an incline and was doing hanging curls with 40's. I'm trying to tighten my mid section more when I do any lift now btw. But as I did it for this particular lift I experienced EXTREME pins and needles all over my body as if it had fallen asleep. It would go away as I relaxed but came back each time I tightened up.

What's the deal?
    Sounds more like something nerve related / some sort of cramping. I'd consider talking to a physician in the future if it happens again.

It seems like you might have been pinching a nerve while flexing your core, but I'd have no way of knowing to be honest.

So it was opened before? It shouldn't denature from contact with air since it's monohydrate. If any moisture got in it could have some issues.

Honestly, I'd probably just buy a new tub of mono if it were me. It's like $20 for a year's supply of AllMax Creapure.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Corey;24233044]Sounds more like something nerve related / some sort of cramping. I'd consider talking to a physician in the future if it happens again.

It seems like you might have been pinching a nerve while flexing your core, but I'd have no way of knowing to be honest.QUOTE]

Ohi Vey

vCash
    It could have just been nothing, too. I'd definitely get it checked out if it's recurring.

vCash
    Naa there is only one good kind of juice and that's all you need

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prore View Post
    I think we should avoid using supplements, as could have a lot of side effects on our body and health. In fact should tery to complete all our vitamins, protiens, and other necessary ingredients from our food. Try to eat fresh vegetables, fruits, juices and some regular walk and exercises.
    "spend $300 on supplements monthly, only $50 on food"

Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast