Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    If you did move him to another team to help them reach the cap floor what could you honestly get? The guy isn't playing this season (may never play again), I mean a pick in rounds 5-7 or a bottom of the barrel prospect?

I hope whoever is our back up next year wears #30. **** I hope they see if Tuukka wants to wear it, I mean he did wear #30 throughout his career before coming to Boston.
    It would be the Sturm deal. Future considerations. What a ****er

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    The only options we really have here is to hope someone will take on his contract for pretty much nothing Or we have to suffer through his $5mil cap hit for another season so he'll become a UFA; I say that because there's no way I want to see the team hold his rights for another season, if he's taking a year off then he's done.

Unfortunately that also makes it hard for us to make any moves.

vCash
    What if the Bruins throw an incentive in to a deal? Find a team that needs help reaching the cap floor, and toss a draft pick in their direction. It's a thought.

vCash
    Send him and a draft pick away, salary relief is more important this offseason then getting something for a quitter, would love to see them use TT funds to help pursue Suter and Parise.
    Last edited by Maine Big Dawg; 06-03-2012 at 09:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine Big Dawg View Post
    Send him and a draft pick away, salary relief is more important this offseason then getting something for a quitter, would love to see them use TT funds to help pursue Suter and Parise.
    I think the only way a team takes on Thomas is a pick or prospect upgrade.

It would be something like TT + 2012 4th for a 2012 5th

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I think the only way a team takes on Thomas is a pick or prospect upgrade.

It would be something like TT + 2012 4th for a 2012 5th
    Would do it without blinking at this point, that 5mil is more important at this stage then getting anything in return for a bum. Clears some salary and opens some avenues to Parise, Suter or both.

vCash
    Maybe they can use thomas to trade up at the draft with a team who needs to meet the floor.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres View Post
    Maybe they can use thomas to trade up at the draft with a team who needs to meet the floor.
    One could only hope that is the case.

vCash
    Just saw he has confirmed that he's sitting out.

3 words: **** OFF THOMAS

vCash
    From His Facebook:

From the earliest age I can remember, I've wanted to be a hockey player. I've been blessed in my life to not only be able to live that dream, but to achieve more than I ever thought possible.

The singleminded focus that is necessary to accomplish a dream of this magnitude entails (by necessity) sacrifice in other areas and relationships in life.

At the age of 38, I believe it is time to put my time and energies into those areas and relationships that I have neglected. That is why at this time I feel the most important thing I can do in my life is to reconnect with the three F's.

Friends, Family, and Faith.

This is what I plan on doing over the course of the next year.

On top of this, I will continue to train using the ARP/POV system www.ultrafitevosport.com and work with G-Form www.g-form.com in the development of protective equipment.

What does this portend for the future?

We'll see….God's will be done.
    Since it is official and Dbag is taking a year off (I hope it bites him in the *** somehow), what does this do to the Bruins in terms of Salary cap hit ? Does his money come off the books or does he still count against the cap, if it does **** him

ALSO

can we still trade him ? I mean we won't get jack **** for him now, That's what he wants IMO he just wants to screw the bruins. Honestly **** this guy

vCash
    Clearly this is a d-bag move by Thomas. But I find it particularly disingenuous and, frankly, cowardly to use his family and faith as part of his excuse.

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure that after playing as many years as he has (and many of them in the AHL, Europe and other places that aren't as cushy as the NHL), it's easy to get tired of the traveling and the time away from your family. But if this is such an issue for him... then RETIRE. I know that him retiring right now wouldn't have any effect on the cap hit the Bruins have to eat but at least we'd know it was legit. But to take a "sabbatical" at 38 years old is garbage. For a guy who is so full of principle that he passed up the honor of going to the White House with his teammates to celebrate their cup victory, I find this unbelievably hypocritical.

This is purely an FU to the Bruins because he figured that he was going to be traded after his no-trade clause expires next month. All he's done is to crap on his legacy, less than a year after he crafted it. And proved himself to be a massive hypocrite in the process. Sorry to vent but this whole situation just blows my mind. Honestly - if last June, as they were raising the Stanley Cup, someone told you that a member of that team was going to pull a stunt like this - would you ever in a million years have guessed it would be TT?

vCash
    After thinking about it for a bit. I'll admit I was a bit too harsh. If he is true to his words, then I hope his personal life gets sorted out. But leaving a Facebook message for a potential retirement doesn't do enough justice for the fans or the organization.

If he comes back for whatever reason this year after using friends, family, and faith as an excuse, I will lose all respect I have for the guy.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this... but as far as trading Thomas to someone else, what if the ramifications of the deal involved us paying his 3 million salary but them taking the cap hit? In other words, they take the 5 mil cap hit (maybe for a team that needs to reach the minimum) and in the off chance he decides to play, the Bruins organization would pay his salary for the year. Not the ideal situation obviously but Jacobs and crew might entertain the idea of paying his 3 mil off the books and freeing up the 5 mil in cap space. Thoughts?
    I don't like hockey. I'm just good at it. - Brett Hull

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tim17wirz09 View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this... but as far as trading Thomas to someone else, what if the ramifications of the deal involved us paying his 3 million salary but them taking the cap hit? In other words, they take the 5 mil cap hit (maybe for a team that needs to reach the minimum) and in the off chance he decides to play, the Bruins organization would pay his salary for the year. Not the ideal situation obviously but Jacobs and crew might entertain the idea of paying his 3 mil off the books and freeing up the 5 mil in cap space. Thoughts?
    Off the top of my head, this isn't allowed. I'm pretty sure but I'd have to check again. You'd be trading cash as part of the deal, which isn't allowed in the NHL obviously.

If Colorado takes him (this is just a scenario), and Timmy decides that he wants to play, then Colorado can deal with it however they want. It really wouldn't be our problem at that point. They can suspend him, they can try to play him, or whatever.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    I never make a post on this website, I usually just enjoy reading peoples opinions on different sports subjects. But this thing with Timmy is really getting ridiculous. Most of you make it out to seem Timmy is screwing over the Bruins organization. Chiarelli is the one who gave Timmy the contract so its not timmy's fault if he is getting paid even if he is not playing. You all know about the 35+ contract so i dont need to expand on this point. Everyone wants to hate timmy now because he decided to take the year off from the game. If timmy wants to take a year of for personal reasons he is allowed to becuase it doesnt say anything in his contract that he can't do this. People are allowed to take time off from work for personal reasons, its usually a few days a year but they do exist. I honestly blame the media in boston for the mess this has become. Timmy didn't go to the white house, who cares??? the visit wasn't mandatory so i really don't even see why this was such a big deal. I saw someone post that theo didnt go to the whitehouse after the sox won the world series, how come this wasnt a big deal?????? I get annoyed when people bring thomas' personal life into the game. Im sure people in this forum work, your bosses don't typically care what you do when you are not working. All they ask is you don't let your personally life affect your work life, I dont think timmy was ever wandering about a tea party event when he was is net, all he was focusing on was stopping the puck. This is why I can't see why everybody cares about Timmy's personal life so much, Ya I even think timmy is a strange guy off the ice, but i dont let that effect the way i view his goaltending abilities.

I hope this post sort of makes sense to all you. I was trying to put a lot of my thoughts into one paragraph. Im not looking to start a argument with anybody, this is just my opinion of the Thomas Situation, Ya I'm mad that Thomas won't be in net next season but I'm not made at Timmy himself like many other people are.

----Thanks

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast