Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Tim Thomas may sit out next season.

http://www.csnne.com/05/31/12/Report...62&feedID=3352

Thought this was worthy of its own thread.

All I have to say is...good. Not a fan of his. Love what he did last year, nobody can deny that was the best year a goalie has had, but I'm not a fan of Tim Thomas the person/teammate and I'll be glad to get the cap relief.

Nash - Boom. Hahaha

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Well I was one of the "keep Thomas" people on here but if this is true then I am completely speechless... I mean... like... is this real life right now? What planet is this guy on? I have always known he was a weirdo but WOW

vCash
    Bob McKnezie said that hes doing because he doesn't want to be traded. Unless he tells the Bruins which teams he'll play for, then his value becomes virtually nothing.

There better be some sort of inactive list the B's can put him on that will nullify his cap hit, because if not then we're screwed.

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592 View Post
    Bob McKnezie said that hes doing because he doesn't want to be traded. Unless he tells the Bruins which teams he'll play for, then his value becomes virtually nothing.

There better be some sort of inactive list the B's can put him on that will nullify his cap hit, because if not then we're screwed.
    Then the bruins should put him on waivers and let him play for the worst team in the league. That's what I'd do.

To me, he is a little B!tch. Boston media is too strong for him. Not for Tuukka. Tuukka loves Boston. Begin the Tuukka era.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    Well I was one of the "keep Thomas" people on here but if this is true then I am completely speechless... I mean... like... is this real life right now? What planet is this guy on? I have always known he was a weirdo but WOW
    Lmao.thanks for making my day with that post.

vCash
    If this is true that's a real douche bag move by Thomas. This organization gave you a chance, when everyone else wanted nothing to do with you. After winning the cup you treated like a god in the city (until the playoffs) and at the age of 34yrs old we gave you a 4yr $20 million contract.

If he's really considering sitting out because he doesn't want to be traded (unless he chooses the team) that's a dumb move. How does he thing other GM's will perceive this? First the White house/Facebook crap now this. Thomas is starting to act more and more like a guy whose let is fame go to his head.

If Thomas doesn't want to play this year, move him (his contract) to the AHL and if he doesn't show up so be it. Free up $5 million in cap space and use it on a player that wants to be here.

Lastly I think my Sig says it all boys, get ready cause it's TUUKKA TIME!!
    Last edited by OneManIsNoMan; 06-01-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    28GP / 12G / 17A / 1.04PPG / +25

vCash
    If it's true... **** Thomas!

...that is all.

vCash
    Down goes Thomas.Down goes thomas.Sorry abourne your sig made me do it.

vCash
    Ugh...Thomas, stop being a drama queen cry-baby...

If you want to sit out great...retire and we won't have to pay you and your cap will go away, i think...whatever Thomas...you are the weakest link, good-bye
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    I hope this isn't true though. I'm not sure where this came about.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Who cares if it's true

It's just more reason to just walk away from him for anything we can get
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    "Here are the keys to the franchise Mr. Rask."

vCash
    Dick move not going to the white house, dick move in the offseason....wow TT just wow...I still bet he ****ed the dressing room

5 million free.....I'm taking a run at Parise and Suter!!!!

vCash
    I read in Fluto's column this morning that if Thomas "goes on sabbatical" next season that A) the Bruins wouldn't be hit with his $5mil cap hit next year but B) his remaining year and $5mil would be pushed to the following season.

The second part of that, if true, makes no sense to me at all. I know that things are a bit murky because we're waiting on a new CBA but can't the Bruins just say... Screw your sabbatical. You're either going to honor the final year of your contract this season (whether it be in Boston or for another team) or you're going to file formal retirement papers with the league (which I'm assuming would mean that he would forfeit the remaining $5mil)? I don't understand how there could possibly be a provision in the current CBA that would allow a player to essentially quit on his team for a season, come back a year older and rustier and still collect his money.

Anyone know the rules as far as this goes? I know that this move by Thomas is simply a power play so that he dictates where he gets traded but I'd love to know what the B's options are.

vCash
    If it is a power play on Thomas' part, I would be fine with the Bruins just saying '**** You', and getting little to no return on him. If all of this is true, the Bruins have to stand their ground. They are the ones getting screwed because he's afraid to be traded.

Suck it up, it can happen to anyone. I'm sure if he approached this whole thing with management correctly then they could have actually taken his input on where he wants to go.

Maybe things actually got really bad between him, his teammates and management? Who knows. But really, suck it up. You just ****ed your eternal 'hero's welcome' in New England. Good Job.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast