Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast
    vCash
    I would much rather her fully clothed with an overly large raincoat to cover up any extra skin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. October View Post
    I think it just shows how much of breakdown Deb has experienced this past season. She went from thinking she was in love with him to knowing he's a serial killer. Her belief in right and wrong was completely thrown for a loop after seeing her support system crash. The only reason she finally accepted his behavior was because he said he had a code, but we've seen that code dissolve over the seasons. That also became apparent to Deb as she saw the worst of Dexter and the extent he was willing to go to protect himself. It caused Deb to completely snap and her feelings for Dexter went above what she knows as right. I think she was sick and tired of turning a blind eye on Dexter.
    I think Hannah's words got through to her. She asked Deb which was worse, being a killer or a hypocrite?

I think the main "bad guy" next season is going to be Dex. He is slowly snapping and breaking his rules. Deb or someone else is going to be forced to "put him down" to end the series.

Not that I like Quinn or anything but it was funny that his storyline has been pretty much ignored. I wonder what his role will be next season. Maybe he gets on Dex's trail.

Loved seeing Doakes again, even if it was flashbacks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I think Hannah's words got through to her. She asked Deb which was worse, being a killer or a hypocrite?

I think the main "bad guy" next season is going to be Dex. He is slowly snapping and breaking his rules. Deb or someone else is going to be forced to "put him down" to end the series.

Not that I like Quinn or anything but it was funny that his storyline has been pretty much ignored. I wonder what his role will be next season. Maybe he gets on Dex's trail.

Loved seeing Doakes again, even if it was flashbacks.
    From what I've read from the show's creators, they are not going to have a serial killer bad guy for Dexter next season, at least from initial reports. It sounds like you are right, that Dexter is going to be the bad guy. I think we could see Quinn take a lead in trying to pin Dexter and use his past relationship with Deb to try to uncover the truth about Dexter. I think his story line was made an afterthought so that Quinn has become an afterthought. I believe that his role this season was to throw the audience off and lull us into thinking he isn't a threat to Dexter, when in fact he really is and was prior to him dating Deb. It seems like having him talk to Jamie at the end was a point to wake him up from the repetitive behavior he has fallen into after messy relationships.

We'll probably see the series end with Deb killing Dexter and Deb either covering it up her involvement or going to jail. Dexter has proven that the one person he won't harm is Deb, even at his worst. We're not sure what Deb's worst is yet, so I'm guessing that it's going to have to end that way, rather then having Dexter go to jail. I would kind of like to see another serial killer get the best of Dexter since he's the one who usually gets the best of them, so maybe it's Deb who takes on that role.
    "Hitting is better than sex." Reggie Jackson

“The only reason I don't like playing in the World Series is I can't watch myself play." Reggie Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Gordon View Post
    I have major issues with the last scene. As i said weeks ago when people were speculating Deb might kill Laguerta, i think its totally ridiculous. In ONE season, Deb has went from honest, good Lt, to murdering a completely innocent police Captain. Come on. Thats outrageous writing really. My main issue is why did Deb have to be the one to kill her? If getting rid of Laguerta was her final choice, its much, MUCH more believable that she would simply turn around and leave letting Dexter finish his plan rather than pull the trigger and commit murder. Sorry i know people seem to have liked it but i think its the worst moment in the history of the show. But other than that, it was a good episode, lol.
    Except the transformation started in season 5 when she killed someone and felt vindicated. And when she let Dexter and Lumen go at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehdcubsfan2 View Post
    I actually didn't like the last scene though. The one showing Dex and Deb back at the party, it almost makes it seem like cleanup was a breeze. They better go back to that in the first episode next season.
    Completely agree. How in the hell did they have no blood on them? Especially Deb, who runs over to Laguerta after shooting her and holds her.

From what I've read from the show's creators, they are not going to have a serial killer bad guy for Dexter next season, at least from initial reports. It sounds like you are right, that Dexter is going to be the bad guy. I think we could see Quinn take a lead in trying to pin Dexter and use his past relationship with Deb to try to uncover the truth about Dexter. I think his story line was made an afterthought so that Quinn has become an afterthought. I believe that his role this season was to throw the audience off and lull us into thinking he isn't a threat to Dexter, when in fact he really is and was prior to him dating Deb. It seems like having him talk to Jamie at the end was a point to wake him up from the repetitive behavior he has fallen into after messy relationships.
    I certainly hope not. I haven't liked Quinn since he's been on the show, but I think it would be silly to put him on that role even if I did like him. I think that storyline is pretty played out, and Quinn knows that Dexter was Kyle Butler.

When Quinn hired the investigator who was murdered, and Quinn was the primary suspect, the only logical explanation was Dexter killed the investigator. But, because Dexter saved Quinn's *** by getting rid of the evidence (blood on Quinn's show), Quinn thanked Dexter and dropped it.

Would be stupid to have him be suspicious of Dexter again when he should know who Dexter is.

vCash
    One last thing I forgot to mention, I loved how they showed the moments where doakes came to distrust Dexter. Those were good flash backs.
    One of the most overused sayings on this forum

"and its not even close" When in reality it is quite close.

vCash
    Yeah, the flashbacks were cool.

vCash
    the greatest clip/title for an episode ever..

Surprise Motha****a!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    I hope Hannah doesn't just go the way of Lumen but I don't think that'll be the case.

Really sloppy kill on Laguerta. I mean I loved it, I was on the edge of my seat pretty much the whole episode with anticipation and I haven't been able to say that about this show since season 4. But realistically, the cops should be all over Dexter when it's realized that Laguerta has gone missing.

Presumably he had to chop her up and take her out on the boat because the bullet inside her could be traced to Deb's gun with ballistics. So if that's the case, her body won't be recovered. Obviously with what was going around the office at the time of her disappearance the very first suspect to question would be Dexter.

Then there's the matter of her car being at the docks, that can be solved I guess. Obviously they'd trace her phone records and they'd see her last call was incoming from either Dexter's or more likely the Latino guy (the one Dex murders right before she gets killed and think of his name), so either one of those points right to Dexter.

What makes it interesting though is that Laguerta had NO support at the station whatsoever for her accusations. Everyone sided with Dexter, so I'm curious to see how the reactions will be now. Angel can't really even do anything because he's retired, who knows if he'll even be on the show.

I'm really curious to see if they bring back the loose end with someone in Trinity's family. I can't remember who it was (his son maybe?) or even exactly what it was but someone affiliated with Trinity that's still alive was either onto Dexter or straight up knew about Dexter, and they just kinda swept it under the rug.

I feel ultimately next season Dex is gonna have to die in the series finale. Just don't see a way around it at this point, it's the only poetic way to end the show. I mean, obviously there's still an entire season to account for but it seems unlikely that he'd die at the hands of whatever villain they introduce next year. For it to be really gripping it'll have to be a notable character that kills him, I'd guess Deb. Whoever it is the other big question is whether or not Harrison will play witness to it. He could also kill himself on his own table, that'd be a way to go.

Also got a good laugh of how they totally just threw away the Quinn/stripper storyline. That was so pointless and just blatant filler in what was an otherwise extremely well written season.

Have they ever talked about Dex's biological father? I can't really think of any other surprise characters they could either bring back or introduce that would be all that compelling.
    his foster dad is his real dad, dexter is going to leave the bodies there and make it look like they killed each other
    POP! POP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dabiznazz View Post
    his foster dad is his real dad, dexter is going to leave the bodies there and make it look like they killed each other
    But Debs bullet.

vCash
    Next season should be interesting. I too think Deb is going to be the one to take down Dexter. I wonder if we will get too see more flashbacks with Doakes next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dabiznazz View Post
    I thought in the 1st season when Dexter went on a trip with Rita, Deb, and Rudy to check out his father's house/will, he did a DNA test and found out that was his father. Harry was just sleeping with his mother, which is why he cared for Dexter.
    "Hitting is better than sex." Reggie Jackson

“The only reason I don't like playing in the World Series is I can't watch myself play." Reggie Jackson

vCash
    I thought in the 1st season when Dexter went on a trip with Rita, Deb, and Rudy to check out his father's house/will, he did a DNA test and found out that was his father. Harry was just sleeping with his mother, which is why he cared for Dexter.
    Yeah, this was solved in the first season. Minor tidbit that most people forgot.

vCash
    So many loose ends, but still an exciting finale.

-Is Hannah just going away? which I'm assuming she has to, since she's at large by the cops. Or is she going to try and poison Dex/Deb?

-How did Deb/Dex cover the murder? She used her gun/bullet.
    To that, Masuka said it was almost new years before Deb left the party. When Dex and Deb got to the party, they had just made it to the party.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    I think it just shows how much of breakdown Deb has experienced this past season. She went from thinking she was in love with him to knowing he's a serial killer. Her belief in right and wrong was completely thrown for a loop after seeing her support system crash. The only reason she finally accepted his behavior was because he said he had a code, but we've seen that code dissolve over the seasons. That also became apparent to Deb as she saw the worst of Dexter and the extent he was willing to go to protect himself. It caused Deb to completely snap and her feelings for Dexter went above what she knows as right. I think she was sick and tired of turning a blind eye on Dexter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    Except the transformation started in season 5 when she killed someone and felt vindicated. And when she let Dexter and Lumen go at the end of the season.
    This is such a bigger deal though. I dont know guys, i guess im just not on the same page. The scene was sloppy...again, what was the reason for Deb to pull the trigger on Laguerta? This is someone she's known and worked under for years, this wasnt just some random criminal. This was something that was going to be a huge deal for Dexter to have to do, he was breaking the code...they did the thing with Harry beforehand. Yet Deb just pulls the trigger on her? It doesnt make any sense.

Can someone tell me why Deb wouldnt just walk away and let Dexter handle his business as he was in the process of doing? Why the need to murder her herself?! It was sloppy, Laguerta NEEDED TO HAVE A GUN POINTED AT DEXTER to arrest him. Laguerta needed to have the advantage. However you do it, whether she outsmarts him again, wakes up, whatever. Deb then would be at the point where she'd be forced to either kill her or watch Dexter get hauled away. That is what shouldve happened, simple change but makes more sense and is more effective as opposed to killing her when Dexter was going to do it anyway. Think about it. It may sound like im nitpicking but i do think theres a big difference between turning a blind eye to Dexter and actually murdering a police cpt yourself.
    Last edited by Jack_Gordon; 12-17-2012 at 09:39 PM.

vCash
    Pretty disappointing end to the season.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast