Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Franklin will get his first start AAA start tonight.

vCash
    **** yes.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    I'm thinking about going, but it's stupid Beaven on the hill. Thirsty Thursday though.

vCash
    Haven't been on a proper computer until now... bout damn time! After Hultzen has made his first start and we can kind of figure out his next start ahead of time, any of you guys interested in getting a bunch of tickets together to go and watch a Hultzen start? I'd say we could try for his first start, but we'll probably only have a day or two heads up which may make it difficult to organize a group purchase. And I can't go on S/M/Tu because I work nights, but whatever, we can figure something out. Anyone interested?

As for Franklin, I really hope he tears up AAA pitching so we can justify a July call-up... maybe replacing Ryan in a trade...? If not then a September call-up is kind of a given, just to get his feet wet before next spring training. I'm excited...

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Oh yeah, and on a similar note another one of my friends and I are planning to catch a Victor Sanchez start in Everett. It'll probably be harder to figure out his start pattern because low A teams tend to have unpredictable starting rotations early on, but I really wanna go catch him before he moves up the system and out of state. Anyone interested in that one...?

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Victor Sanchez:

"Scouts in Venezuela have viewed Sanchez as the country's top prospect for 2011 since he was 13, when he was the second-youngest player on Venezuela's 14-and-under team at the COPABE Pan American championship in 2008. That team also included Blue Jays righthander Adonys Cardona and Rangers shortstop Rougned Odor. Sanchez struck out eight in a five-inning no-hitter against Ecuador, missing a perfect game when he hit a batter. Sanchez wasn't as sharp at the COPABE 16-and-under championship in Mexico last October, but he has developed into a physically mature pitcher who combines a power arm with feel for pitching beyond his years.

Sanchez, a 16-year-old from Caracas, is an interesting prospect as a right fielder as well, due to his above-average arm and raw power, though he doesn't make enough contact for teams to take him off the mound. Sanchez isn't tall (6-foot, 185 pounds), but he has a body like a bull, with a strong, thick frame with sloped shoulders and large hands. His fastball ranges from 89-92 mph and touches 94. He has a loose arm and does it fairly easily. His athleticism helps him repeat his delivery and throw strikes with his fastball to both sides of the plate. Sanchez also throws a plus slider and has shown feel for a changeup, and he'll mix in an occasional curveball. While Sanchez likely has the most present talent in this year's pitching crop, scouts wonder how much projection he has left. His body is relatively filled out and his fastball won't gain much more velocity. Sanchez doesn't miss as many bats as scouts would expect, as his fastball can get straight. Sanchez is represented by Carlos Gavidia, who represented Cardona last year. Many scouts believe Sanchez is the better prospect, though he isn't expected to match Cardona's $2.8 million bonus. The Mariners are the frontrunners to sign Sanchez, with a price tag believed to be around $2.5 million."

vCash
    Yeah, the M's were after him for a long time. Little Felix.

vCash
    Walker is little Felix. Sanchez is little Walker
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Sanchez was a good sign heard the one reason he picked us was because he was told he could have a chance at starting in 3 years when he is 19 long shot though it's rare.

vCash
    Franklin is 0-3 tonight with 3 k's and a BB so far

vCash
    Franklin hit a double that supposedly was really a HR. 2 RBI.

vCash
    But seriously, anyone interested in going to one of those games...? Hultzen and/or Sanchez?

vCash
    I'm going to Hultzen.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Stefen Romero got the call up to Jackson to replace Franklin. First game 2/4 with a double... nice start!

Just realized the Rookie Appalachian League has also started, so now we have Esteilon Peguero playing SS down there to keep an eye on, as well as C Tyler Marlette and OF Phillips Castillo. Peguero and Castillo are high dollar IFA's.

Liddi is hitting the ball well in Tacoma... no surprise.

I think VCat might be breaking out of his slump a little bit... he's been stringing together some hits lately.

Chih-Hsien Chiang played last night for Jackson. When he was DFA'd we just took him off the 40 man roster and put him back on a MiLB contract. I didn't think he was going anywhere...

Not sure why, but Daniel Carroll and Johermyn Chavez are both on a "rehab assignment" down in the Rookie Arizona League... both were up with Jackson previously, so maybe they've been playing through injuries and the club was waiting for the extra leagues to start so they could send them down...? I see Julio Morban has also joined them for the same reason.

Nate Tenbrink is also down with them in the AZL... was wondering if we still had him, and when he would start playing again.

James Jones is still playing well and starting to break his history of slumping the first half of the season. Might be a candidate to move fast to play RF sometime next year. If they sign Ichiro to a one year contract and he doesn't cut it, and decides to retire part way through the season, Jones may be one of the guys they look to... him and J.Chavez or C-H.Chiang.

Forrest Snow is back in Jackson as a starter... first start was good.

vCash
    Jones, Chavez, and Chiang have all been terrible this year. (Jones was at least, haven't checked in a while)

Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast