Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Why would you guys doubt it? He's ready. He was probably ready in April. Call him up and trade Vargas
    We might as well get one more season out of him. He's the best pitcher in our rotation at the moment. Brodie said he has one more season and then arbitration.

Then again, maybe we want to sell high on him...
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Take away one inning from Hultzen's first game and he's given up 5 runs on the season. AAA would just be a formality if anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    We might as well get one more season out of him. He's the best pitcher in our rotation at the moment. Brodie said he has one more season and then arbitration.

Then again, maybe we want to sell high on him...
    Millwood is our best pitcher the rest of our rotation is just a bunch of guys you never know what your going to get from them and Felix has been garbage his last 3 starts.

The reason i doubt Hultzen skipping Double A is because Z doesn't rush guys to the bigs he lets them mature in the minors it would take Millwood's groin not allowing him to start again.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 06-14-2012 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    Vargas hasn't been THAT good. The numbers aren't extremely impressive.

He's already in arbitration, isn't he? Next year is his last year of arb, not his first.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Yeah. Prob get something close to $7 mil.

vCash
    Yes, next year is Vargas's last year of arbitration. We don't have to trade him this year, but it might get us more in return to do it this July. Trading Vargas might hinge on whether or not we can trade Millwood for anything worthwhile, as well as whether or not Paxton is deemed ready for the promotion to the majors. I think GMZ might prefer to keep Vargas here for another year rather than use Beavan, if he has the option and we aren't blown off our feet by an offer for Vargas.

Felix
    Noesi
    Erasmo
    Hultzen
    Paxton (ready?)
    Vargas (trade?)
    Millwood (trade?)
    Beavan (sucks)

Got have five in the rotation, and seeing as we're still within reach of .500, I don't think GMZ tanks the season unless we are getting a decent trade package in return. But if we can get a good trade for both Millwood and Vargas, and Paxton still isn't deemed ready, I don't think GMZ will hesitate to use Beavan... but the trade for Vargas has to be worth it.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Maybe Carraway gets thrown into that mix too...?

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    Maybe Carraway gets thrown into that mix too...?
    I was actually thinking about that yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Yeah. Prob get something close to $7 mil.
    This.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Not gonna lie that I see Carraway as pure trade bait in a package...

vCash
    Short season A ball just started... a few of the guys on the list have been in extended spring training and will be in Everett now, as well as a few draft picks. One name to note is SP Victor Sanchez, who is considered to be another potential (young) ace arm on the farm. Might be worth going to one of his starts up in Everett (my plan as soon as I can). C Marcus Littlewood and the recently drafted/signed Taylor Ard, Patrick Kivlehan, Christopher Taylor and Jamodrick McGruder are also on the roster. In two games Taylor already has three hits, three walks and two stolen bases, so he's already on my watch list. I'm sure there's another notable name or two, but those are the ones that stick out right now.

http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t403

After a prolonged wait, Dennis Raben has started his season in A+... and so far so good.

3B Stephen Proscia has an 11 game hitting streak going.

I think Mike McGee might get the award for Most Inconsistent Player... hot, cold, hot, cold, hot, cold...

I'm really starting to take a liking to OF Julio Morban... it might be the High Desert factor, but I like what he's doing so far.

For those of you (like me) who have been watching SP Dylan Bundy alongside Hultzen (as similar draft picks), while Bundy destroyed A ball he's now made four starts at A+ and has been hit hard, by comparison... makes our pick look good! Although its only four starts and years down the road Bundy may look better... who knows.

Walker's last three starts have left a lot to be desired...

Chance Ruffin has had a few good outings lately... hopefully its a sign of a positive change that lasts.

Forrest Snow is back down to Jackson as a starter, or at least he's made one start. We'll see what happens next, but it might be what he needs.

I think somethings wrong with Mauricio Robles's arm... 38 2/3 IP with 39 walks... two levels he's pitched in and the walks are evenly distributed.
    Last edited by CamraMaan; 06-17-2012 at 08:34 AM.

vCash
    1. Hernandez 2.Hultzen 3. Walker 4. Paxton 5. Noesi or Beaven- Do you think it
    is possible to start next year like this? We are on the rise baby.

vCash
    I doubt both walker and Paxton start with us. It's not impossible, but everything would have to be perfect for both of them to be deemed ready. Especially considering how they are treating Hultzen.

vCash
    I bet Paxton and Hultzen will both be up by next year. Walker I think will take a while longer. He's still what, 19?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Yeah he will be 20 next year

vCash
    Yeah, Walker might be up by next season, but I'd expect him the season after.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast