Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah.

Bein a big Debbie Downer about it.

vCash
    I just want to see:

Olivo and/or Figgins gone, Guti back in the bigs, Wedge fired, and Capps and Hultzen called up to AAA.

Seattle4Ever 4 Mariners GM.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Hard to think Hultzen will remain in AA too much longer... one more solid start where he goes 6+ IP and only walks one or no batters, and I think he maybe gets the call to Tacoma. They're looking for consistency in that department, as far as I can tell.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    I'm kinda wondering if they're making Hultzen work on his curve or slider more, to the point one or both are considered consistent plus pitches, before he goes to Tacoma. It would explain not getting the call, as well as the high walk rate from throwing those pitches more than normal, learning to command and locate them better.

I don't think the slider was needing too much work with his arm angle, but the curve he maybe was told to use a higher arm slot and basically learn to throw the pitch different? This is total guess work, but it would make sense... give him an extra weapon against righties...

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Man, I really think all there is to it is money.

I mean he's unhittable at that level. How can he be learning much of anything?

BTW, Walker is experiencing somewhat of a hiccup of late.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post

Yea he only went 3 innings his last start but the defense has to take some blame i heard there was fly balls that should have been caught but weren't.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    I'm kinda wondering if they're making Hultzen work on his curve or slider more, to the point one or both are considered consistent plus pitches, before he goes to Tacoma. It would explain not getting the call, as well as the high walk rate from throwing those pitches more than normal, learning to command and locate them better.

I don't think the slider was needing too much work with his arm angle, but the curve he maybe was told to use a higher arm slot and basically learn to throw the pitch different? This is total guess work, but it would make sense... give him an extra weapon against righties...
    Maybe they want him to be more consistent with his strike and ball ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post

There definitely is $ involved when they decide to call him up but that's to the Majors i don't think that would be the reasoning to keep him from Triple A unless he shows he can dominate at that level and force his way into the Majors some how.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 06-08-2012 at 08:26 PM.

vCash
    Well a lefty who throws a 92-93 FB with a great change is ok against a lot of righties, but when we drafted him his slider was average at best, and had its best affect against lefties. His curve sucked because of his arm angle. It might have been a concern that with his FB, change and slider he was lacking a good out pitch against right handers, who are the majority of batters in the league. Its one thing to dominate college and AA hitters, its another to do it against the best of the best. I wouldn't be surprised if he's down there to make his curve into an average or plus pitch before he jumps to AAA, which might require a higher arm angle, and hence a lot of work down there. I mean his walk rate is double what it was for him in both his last years at Virginia, and he's been in AA for a while now, considering he was considered MLB-ready when we drafted him. It makes sense that he's still there because they wanted him to work on something, and hence the higher walk rate.
    Last edited by CamraMaan; 06-08-2012 at 08:32 PM.

vCash
    Just noticed Jack Marder is on the DL... same with Rich Poythress.

Triunfel has been stinking it up for a little while now... starting to lose hope/faith again. Starting to wish he and Franklin would switch AA and AAA, mostly because Franklin is ready and has much more value as a spec... I don't want him held down at AA and because he's blocked by Triunfel, who is really showing much less promise, even with his limited success.

I just wanna say this... Forrest Snow has been HORRIBLE so far this year. I have to assume he's got some problem we haven't been told about, either physical, mechanical or mental.

Erasmo Ramirez has a 2.08 ERA and 1.15 WHIP in AAA if you take away his one bad start. His last two starts have been very good, going 13.1 IP with 15 K's, 2 BBs, and 2 ER total. I'm just waiting for him to get the call to replace Beavan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    Just noticed Jack Marder is on the DL... same with Rich Poythress.

Triunfel has been stinking it up for a little while now... starting to lose hope/faith again. Starting to wish he and Franklin would switch AA and AAA, mostly because Franklin is ready and has much more value as a spec... I don't want him held down at AA and because he's blocked by Triunfel, who is really showing much less promise, even with his limited success.

I just wanna say this... Forrest Snow has been HORRIBLE so far this year. I have to assume he's got some problem we haven't been told about, either physical, mechanical or mental.

Erasmo Ramirez has a 2.08 ERA and 1.15 WHIP in AAA if you take away his one bad start. His last two starts have been very good, going 13.1 IP with 15 K's, 2 BBs, and 2 ER total. I'm just waiting for him to get the call to replace Beavan.
    Really? Snow is still terrible even after being moved to the pen?

vCash
    Hultzen 8 Innings 2 Hits 1 Walk 0 Earned Runs 8 Strikeouts and has a 1.28 ERA.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 06-08-2012 at 09:08 PM.

vCash
    i think thats why snow when to the pen. cause he has been so bad

vCash
    Wow we sure are going to have one heck of a setup/closer in the future with Pryor and Capps he just touched 101 closing this game out for Jacksonville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Hultzen 8 Innings 2 Hits 1 Walk 0 Earned Runs 8 Strikeouts and has a 1.28 ERA.
    Wow... Why is he down there? If he isn't up here in the bigs, at least get him to Tacoma for a few starts.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    I didn't even know Hultzen had a curve. I've always read "93-94 FB, good sinking change, and decent slider. If he can get plus 3rd pitch that's even better.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast