Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Added Bawcom, Thames and Landry to the list on the front page.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    In Paxton's first 10 starts he went 46 1/3 IP and walked 32 batters for a 6.22 BB/9. In his last five starts he's gone 26 1/3 IP and walked 8 batters for a 2.73 BB/9. He might be close to ready for that call to AAA...

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Justin Smoak sucks at AAA too

vCash
    I've given up on Smoaky, honestly.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Trade his *** this winter

vCash
    Who will want him though?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    He will catch on somewhere and kill it.

vCash
    By kill it I hope you mean the team's record, not the ball
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    smoak has failed at a level where he needs to make major changes and a fresh start somewhere else.

i have seen only miniscule flashes of having the talent to perform in the MLB, but it could be there, career resurrections happen, but i think he needs to get as far away from seattle as possible. knowing our track record, i could see him surfacing in 2 or 3 years and being productive, not bc ive seen great talent but bc it happens, especially to players when they leave seattle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    By kill it I hope you mean the team's record, not the ball
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    smoak has failed at a level where he needs to make major changes and a fresh start somewhere else.

i have seen only miniscule flashes of having the talent to perform in the MLB, but it could be there, career resurrections happen, but i think he needs to get as far away from seattle as possible. knowing our track record, i could see him surfacing in 2 or 3 years and being productive, not bc ive seen great talent but bc it happens, especially to players when they leave seattle.
    Smoak's career AAA numbers are NOT good, hence the sucking at MLB level.

vCash
    hate to say i told u so buuuuuut..... remember at the 40 game point i was calling for a switch at 1b... i mean his avg was barely .200, not much power, it seemed he couldnt hit a line drive to save his life....he had 1 good week that gave us hope but than he slumped worse and never did recover and we fell further and further back. coming off 2 very lackluster MLB seasons we gave him way too many excuses and too long of a leash.

if we woulda given carp the opportunity he has now back than, we'd realistically have playoff hopes, im convinced after this week. that game tying HR thames hit came after a 2out single by carp. smoak woulda for sure gotten out and ended that inning.

lesson being.... after 40 games a guy is not in a slump....they are either hurt or there needs to be a change.

vCash
    You said yourself Carp has had a good week. Well, Smoak was AL POW, and look how he is now.

Just saying you can't judge a players future success based on one week. Look how bad he was his first time up this year.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    You said yourself Carp has had a good week. Well, Smoak was AL POW, and look how he is now.

Just saying you can't judge a players future success based on one week. Look how bad he was his first time up this year.

my point is you can judge after 40 games if they are playing as regulars. Especially if they have over 100 games of seasoning and are 24 yrs or older. Smoak is 25 and 223 MLB games coming into the year.

id like to see carp for 40 games at 1b and let that be a key factor regarding his future.
    Last edited by Rain City; 08-02-2012 at 06:26 PM.

vCash
    I agree. I think Smoak is a bust. Ive said it before. But I don't think because carp had one good week he is the answer.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    I'd prefer to just keep Smoak in Tacoma til he starts mashing again. Then keep him there longer. He needs to shake the pressure and get back into a routine. Next time he gets called up, he should be on the edge of losing his mind because he is so bored with the ****** PCL pitching and is starving for another chance. He should be like a rottweiler at the end of his chain.

Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast