Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    Christopher Taylor is off to a really nice start with his bat (already has four errors on the field), but what really stands out is his k:bb ratio... 8:15!!
    Yep. It's beginning to look like Macnamera can spot a Kyle Seager in every draft. Taylor is supposed to be a defensive stud who can stick at short too.

vCash
    I hope Zunino is some phenom because i wouldn't put it past Wedge to bring Olivo back as a patch job and i am sick of him.

Zunino officially signed sorry if someone already posted it:

9:12pm: Ben Badler of Baseball America writes that despite signing Zunino for well under the slot recommendation, the Mariners are $36,600 over their bonus pool for the first 10 rounds of the draft. Badler also gives a brief recap of Zunino's season, noting that he was Baseball America's College Player of the Year.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...ke-zunino.html

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Only 36k over the cap? Doubt we get docked too bad for that. Kinda curious where Zunino will get assigned to. Maybe start out in High Desert so he can get off on the right foot.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Correa and Buxton already signed and started playing, both in the lowly rookie gulf coast league... Nice to see them struggling out of the gate. For a relative age comparison, the other kid I liked, David Dahl, is about the same age and started at a slighy higher level and is off to a nice start. Is it wrong for me to be crossing my fingers for both Correa and Buxton to flail and fail...?

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    I don't like Buxton either. Correia is fine, I just think Buxton is a douche.

vCash
    Just heard via Greg Johns that Zunino will report to Everett, so northwest fans, rejoice.
    -Dave Cameron

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    Only 36k over the cap? Doubt we get docked too bad for that. Kinda curious where Zunino will get assigned to. Maybe start out in High Desert so he can get off on the right foot.
    No loss of draft picks, probably just some extra taxes.

vCash
    Oh, and Paxton comes off the DL tonight to start for Jackson.

vCash
    Weird spot IMO, but I'll be at a game to see him.

vCash
    Nah i wouldn't be rooting against Buxton or Correa however if they get hyped up like Harper i think i will.

It's fine if it's like Trout though he gets a mention here or there but he doesn't get drooled over.

Heck i heard one of the MLB Analysts say Harper was better then Griffey when he was up as a teenager way to high of praise imo.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Good game for Franklin tonight... 2 for 3, both doubles + 2 walks.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    Atta kid Franklin. Get hot and get your *** to the bigs.

vCash
    Going to the game tomorrow in Everett... if I did my math right it should be a Victor Sanchez start. Wish Zunino would be there as well, but it sounds like he won't be there with the team until the 10th. Unfortunately I start a marathon at work on Sunday, working six nights a week for the next three weeks covering the other night bar tenders shifts (he's going to Peru). I get Saturday nights off (even though I wanted to work seven days a week), but its doubtful my g/f will want to go to an Aquasox game on my only free night of the week, not to mention it looks unlikely that Sanchez will start on one of those Saturdays either, if he maintains pitching every fifth game. Wish I could go see Zunino though... he may not be there too long.

Anyway, I'm going tomorrow night... if anyone else decides to go let me know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Weird spot IMO, but I'll be at a game to see him.
    Well we already have Hicks at High Desert (A+) and Baron with Clinton (A), so if they're going to start Zunino off below AA, then it had to be Everett. But I don't think Baron will keep Zunino from going to Clinton, and Hicks isn't far off from a promo to Jackson, so there's easy room for Zunino to climb the organizational ladder pretty quick. And I think his bat is probably the only thing that will be holding him back, so if he brings it, he moves up...

EDIT: And it looks like Jesus Sucre at AA is holding his own, but not really ready for AAA.... he might be holding back the chain of promotions.
    Last edited by CamraMaan; 07-05-2012 at 09:44 PM.

vCash
    Looks like a nice start to his career for Rusty Shellhorn (WSU) down in the Arizona league. Only two appearances so far, and its only the AZL, but so far so good!

Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast