Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Zunino signed.
    Did he sign or is it that he has a contract agreement that he is going to try to sign tomorrow after the physical?

vCash
    What you said... hasn't actually signed paper yet, but they have an agreement, and the physical leads to signing. Unless the physical shows something horrible and unexpected, he's as close to inking a deal as you can get, which means he's likely inside the cap we have set for drafted players.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Going to the Rainiers game tonight. The gf has free tickets, in one of the suites with some of the Deschutes brewery people, as well as some of her coworkers at Columbia. Free food and drinks, Carraway on the mound, should be a fun night!

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Nick Franklin grand salami!!! Good game to be at...

vCash
    Whoa, that must've been cool.

vCash
    What is Zunino's ETA?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    What is Zunino's ETA?
    In late July of 2014 to avoid Super 2 probably unless we are winning and need him.

July 1: ESPN's Keith Law tweeted Zunino is on his way to Seattle to sign with the Mariners. Jerry Crasnick confirms his colleague's report tweeting Zunino is heading to Seattle to take his physical.

June 26: The Mariners are expected to sign third overall pick Mike Zunino shortly, reports Geoff Baker of The Seattle Times. The announcement could come in early-July after the catcher from Florida attends two awards ceremonies.

Slot money for the third overall selection is $5.2MM. Baseball America says Zunino's hitting ability "projects to be above-average for a major league catcher" while noting that he offers strong intangibles that draw Jason Varitek comparisons. Zunino is the highest unsigned pick and is one of ten unsigned first rounders.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...o-shortly.html

vCash
    So i don't know if anyone is going to make a IFA topic i don't think we really need one this year though sounds like the only top guy we are going after is Luiz Gohara it's not like the last 2 seasons where we went all out sounds like a pretty weak class though.

vCash
    John Sickels just put out his midseason top 120 prospect list.

Six Mariners made the cut:
    5. Taijuan Walker
    7. Danny Hultzen
    16. Nick Franklin
    57. James Paxton
    91. Brad Miller
    111. Victor Sanchez

vCash
    Carter Capps also got honorable mention. The Mariners 6 prospects on the list was tied for 5th most (4 teams had 7 on the list).

I want to see Brad Miller get promoted to see how he does at Jackson. He is murdering the ball in A ball. He averages over 2 times on base per game on the season and has like 40+ XBH.

vCash
    Carter Capps also got honorable mention. The Mariners 6 prospects on the list was tied for 5th most (4 teams had 7 on the list).

I want to see Brad Miller get promoted to see how he does at Jackson. He is murdering the ball in A ball. He averages over 2 times on base per game on the season and has like 40+ XBH.
    I can't wait until I can go to games and say "its Miller time!" But seriously, get the kid into Jackson, its looong overdue.

vCash
    One small concern with Miller is he hasn't homered since May 22nd, 33 games without one, and this is High Desert. Its a very small concern, considering he's been otherwise dominant, but it may be leading to some small questions for coaches wondering if there's something he needs to tweak to get that power back.

vCash
    Christopher Taylor is off to a really nice start with his bat (already has four errors on the field), but what really stands out is his k:bb ratio... 8:15!!

vCash
    Well Miller's spraying the ball all over the place and the approach has been beyond excellent. I'm not sure you want to tweak anything when he's having so much success. He's doing a Kyle Seager impersonation except with better speed and he's at SS.

vCash
    Well Miller's spraying the ball all over the place and the approach has been beyond excellent. I'm not sure you want to tweak anything when he's having so much success. He's doing a Kyle Seager impersonation except with better speed and he's at SS.
    Like I said, not a big concern, but it might have raised some questions for the coaches to look into.

Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast