Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 1012
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    20,855
    vCash
    1500

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,497
    vCash
    1500
    Nothing, I just thought I would pick some recent ones. They showed those names on ESPN so I did the same.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  3. #213
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    15,997
    vCash
    1500
    Zunino swept all all the rewards then nice.

    All of them have not been a bust as FW said although Bauer is struggling at the moment but might wanna hold off on judging him since he does pitch in Arizona goona take some adjustment for him.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    What kinds of rewards did he get?

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,007
    vCash
    1500
    Hookers
    I'm In.



  6. #216
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2
    vCash
    1500

    baseball2day

    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    I kinda feel like Franklin is riding a wave of being over-hyped... I'm not sure if I buy that he's the 35th best prospect in baseball right now. Hell, I'm not even sure he's the third best prospect on our team (Miller and/or Romero?)...
    Franklin is a two-time, two level all-star because as a 19 and 20 year old he has broken records in the lower levels. Remember he is in the Hall of Fame at the Mariners Single A-Clinton, Ohio when he was the first pro to hit 20-20 and with a league leading number of HR's broke a 49 year single season record. There are also other stats that refer to his age and being a middle infielder that have led to the all-star status.

    Churchill (Prospect Insider), just recently saw Franklin in AAA and said that everyone who thinks Franklin should move off of SS needs to stop talking. What I like is that in 15 games he has 8xbh. Not happy with SO's, but that should improve as he starts seeing consistent pitchers and pitches at this level.

    Remember he just turned 21. He seems to be on the right track.

    Sorry, but Miller and Romero, they are good, but need more AB's. Remember last year before Franklin got hit he was batting .600+ after being called up to AA.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Comin in hot with the first post... nice.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Auburn/B'ham, WA
    Posts
    14,049
    vCash
    1500
    Holy ****. Nice.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs



  9. #219
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    15,997
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    What kinds of rewards did he get?
    Dick Howser,Johnny Bench and the Golden Spike award.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,497
    vCash
    1500
    ^lol
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  11. #221
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Auburn/B'ham, WA
    Posts
    14,049
    vCash
    1500


    I just got that. ****.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs



  12. #222
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    12,497
    vCash
    1500
    Walker has been getting raped lately. ERA up to 4.50.
    http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=592836
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.


  13. #223
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,575
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by baseball2day View Post
    Franklin is a two-time, two level all-star because as a 19 and 20 year old he has broken records in the lower levels. Remember he is in the Hall of Fame at the Mariners Single A-Clinton, Ohio when he was the first pro to hit 20-20 and with a league leading number of HR's broke a 49 year single season record. There are also other stats that refer to his age and being a middle infielder that have led to the all-star status.

    Churchill (Prospect Insider), just recently saw Franklin in AAA and said that everyone who thinks Franklin should move off of SS needs to stop talking. What I like is that in 15 games he has 8xbh. Not happy with SO's, but that should improve as he starts seeing consistent pitchers and pitches at this level.

    Remember he just turned 21. He seems to be on the right track.

    Sorry, but Miller and Romero, they are good, but need more AB's. Remember last year before Franklin got hit he was batting .600+ after being called up to AA.
    Yes, I'm aware of all of this... I was talking up Franklin after he was drafted, while Churchill was talking him down, confused with the pick. I've watched him on milb.com every step along the way, so I'm pretty sure I have my own good reasons for saying he may still be a little overrated and might not be our third best guy. I'm very aware of what I'm saying... but I appreciate what, how, and why you are saying what you think as well. I love that we have Franklin in our system, believe me I do, and I see him as our future SS, but that doesn't mean he's not being overrated.... or rather, maybe I should put it that some other guys in our system are very deserving, currently being underrated, and ultimately should and will get ranked higher than Franklin...?

    "Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Auburn/B'ham, WA
    Posts
    14,049
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    Yes, I'm aware of all of this... I was talking up Franklin after he was drafted, while Churchill was talking him down, confused with the pick. I've watched him on milb.com every step along the way, so I'm pretty sure I have my own good reasons for saying he may still be a little overrated and might not be our third best guy. I'm very aware of what I'm saying... but I appreciate what, how, and why you are saying what you think as well. I love that we have Franklin in our system, believe me I do, and I see him as our future SS, but that doesn't mean he's not being overrated.... or rather, maybe I should put it that some other guys in our system are very deserving, currently being underrated, and ultimately should and will get ranked higher than Franklin...?
    I'm confused what your standpoint is, then. Because those are two separate opinions.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs



  15. #225
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,575
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    I'm confused what your standpoint is, then. Because those are two separate opinions.
    I'm trying to say that I'm not sure Franklin is the third best prospect in our system, namely because of Miller and Romero (and I'm purposely leaving Zunino out of the conversation). But Miller and Romero lack the ABs and media coverage for fans to see that they may indeed be the better talents overall. But just because people aren't talking about it yet, it doesn't mean it isn't true.

    So what I said above is that you can look at this two ways, the main difference being where Franklin gets ranked overall... 35th or worse. One way you can look at it is that Romero and Miller are appropriately rated/ranked, and that Franklin is being overrated... or you can think of it that Franklin is being appropriately rated/ranked, and that Miller and Romero are being underrated. Either way, I think Franklin should maybe be below both of them on the list. But ultimately I'm just throwing this out there for people to start thinking about... we won't know the answer to this for years...

    Tell me, where has Franklin looked like a 20/20 guy (or better) anywhere except for when he was in Clinton...? He was young, but it was still just A ball... in the last year and a half he's been riding the wave of what he did in A ball, and hasn't been able to replicate it since. He's now 21, third full season in the league, and we're all still waiting for him to do that again. But don't get me wrong, I still love his bat, as I think he can be a great doubles hitter with some HR pop, and a good AVG, albeit with an average glove. I'll happily take that!! But does that make him as good as everyone currently expects...? I think not... I think everyone is still hoping for more.
    Last edited by CamraMaan; 07-08-2012 at 05:17 PM.

    "Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •