Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Seattle at NY Yankees

at

vCash
    Free Montero!

vCash
    Felix and Kuma.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    Free Montero!
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Felix and Kuma.
    Aw, word? Yesssss. Felix against NY is sex.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Seconded.

Aw, word? Yesssss. Felix against NY is sex.
    He always murders NY. *knocks on wood*

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    Free Montero!
    Maybe he'll remember how to play baseball once he plays his former team.

What r we thinking, o/u 7 Montero homers this series.

vCash
    I agree about Montero yea he hasn't been very good but Montero isn't going to get better sitting on the bench.

I wonder if he did something to upset Wedge if you think about it Smoak has had every opportunity under Wedge to play and he hasn't been benched for a long period.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 05-14-2013 at 01:22 AM.

vCash
    Smoak plays defense and gets on base, while Montero blocks a better player and hits like right-handed Ibanez.

Just sayin.

I'd send him down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Smoak plays defense and gets on base, while Montero blocks a better player and hits like right-handed Ibanez.

Just sayin.

I'd send him down.
    We should have just started him in AAA and used Paulino and Shoppach. I agree though. He needs to go work on things. He's still really young. It's more of an option for him than it is for Smoak or anyone else.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    since smoak's name came up id like a chance to chime in, as you all know nobody drives me up a wall more, but finally, after 1,000+ML ABs we have seen a progression in his ability to get OB (5th in AL in BBs). however, XB ability still isnt there, or a decent average, or coming thru in high leverage situations. (his D is good but 1b dont stay in the league for their D).

what is frustrating is they are putting him at 5,6 spot in the lineup and he has a whopping total of 6 RBI thanks to a .141w/ runners on, .138 RISP, (0-6 w/ bases loaded). if you follow him closely, yes he is laying off pitches outside the zone, but fouling off alot of hitable pitches to draw a walk and hope for the guys behind him to come thru (or just getting an out). at this point he profiles better at 1-3 than 4-6 but the problem is he is one of the slower runners in the game who will never pick up an extra base.

IMO the only other option that might make sense is endy in the OF morse to DH makes us better defensively, more speed while keeping the offense about the same prolly. it is still early but when you get to 40 games is a pretty good gauge especially when in line w/ career numbers. im pessimistic that his OB will sustain, hes not a hitter teams need to be careful with (morse was int walked the other day to get to him and hes been terrible).

vCash
    i wish i could lobby for montero to get DH ABs to replace smoak but in no way has he deserved it. i am prolly one of the few that believes the role he is in right now is best (for the team). i still feel it is early and hoping a good couple games to increase his confidence and he can have increased role. the next month is going to be telling but i am wide open to the idea of trading him if we got SP help or in a deal for a legit 1b.

think about it, his bat is barely backup C worthy, he is struggling even more with the same things he was last yr. this time next yr zunino will be ready full time and if montero isnt fixed what are we going to do with him? in not interested in a .290 OB DH, we can find better than that for cheap in FA.

vCash
    Montero needs to be DH-ing and backing up Zunino in Tacoma. He's not a big leaguer. Unfortunately Jack Zduriencik's vagina calls the shots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Montero needs to be DH-ing and backing up Zunino in Tacoma. He's not a big leaguer. Unfortunately Jack Zduriencik's vagina calls the shots.

here is a good, yet humiliating read in many aspects.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/marin...jesus-montero/

the more wedge seems to talk the less he seems to say.

vCash
    Felix day.

vCash
    Here's a question: would you void the trade and take Pineda back today if you could, injuries, surgeries and all?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast