Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 178
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    13,215
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    My bad.



    2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,745
    vCash
    1500
    Mayock has a terrible record for predicting star players. He was all over Knowshon Moreno a few years back, and the guy will be lucky if he keeps his job this year.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    87,099
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Mayock has a terrible record for predicting star players. He was all over Knowshon Moreno a few years back, and the guy will be lucky if he keeps his job this year.
    What are you rambling on about now again.

    A REAL SCOUT FROM THE STEELERS SAID HE THOUGHT HE WOULD BE THE BEST PASS RUSHER OUT OF THIS CLASS.

    I imagine he's going to lose his job too? Oh wait, no he's not because he's been there over a decade.

    If you had gotten Jones instead of Branch you'd be talking up Jones. It's what you do.
    Last edited by Norm; 06-02-2012 at 08:18 PM.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,745
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    If you had gotten Jones instead of Branch you'd be talking up Branch. It's what you do.
    True. I can't overcome my objective nature as a football fan.

    Seriously though, I wasn't predicting Pro Bowls for Branch in the near future. I just said I thought he would be the first rookie to settle in. I just can't see where the hype for Jones comes from. He doesn't look great on film, and he didn't accomplish much in college.
    Last edited by Alpha Dog; 06-02-2012 at 08:17 PM.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    87,099
    vCash
    1777
    I can feel you on that. I wasn't a huge fan myself but I heard too many real football types that really like him. And I'm just a guy with internet access.

    Mercilus I see hasn't been really said?

  6. #96
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,950
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I can feel you on that. I wasn't a huge fan myself but I heard too many real football types that really like him. And I'm just a guy with internet access.

    Mercilus I see hasn't been really said?
    I just think he will be used in a rotation so I don't think he will break out till year 2. Which is probably good for him.



    our future

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Down Yonder
    Posts
    9,912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    True. I can't overcome my objective nature as a football fan.

    Seriously though, I wasn't predicting Pro Bowls for Branch in the near future. I just said I thought he would be the first rookie to settle in. I just can't see where the hype for Jones comes from. He doesn't look great on film, and he didn't accomplish much in college.
    Well he plays for the Pats. That alone make him all Pro. If he had become a Raider he would be GOAT. There is a handbook somewhere that breaks this all down. Norm do you still have your laying around?

    Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    87,099
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    Well he plays for the Pats. That alone make him all Pro. If he had become a Raider he would be GOAT. There is a handbook somewhere that breaks this all down. Norm do you still have your laying around?
    Left it at home. I was studying it last night and left it on the nightstand.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,711
    vCash
    1275
    I think Nick Perry is being severely underrated here. Granted, I think he would be better off being used like Calais Campbell; but he has 4 games a season against teams that start Jeff Backus and J'Marcus Webb at LT. Those should be automatic multi-sack games.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,232
    vCash
    1500
    del

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    87,099
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I think Nick Perry is being severely underrated here. Granted, I think he would be better off being used like Calais Campbell; but he has 4 games a season against teams that start Jeff Backus and J'Marcus Webb at LT. Those should be automatic multi-sack games.
    Clay's on that side now. He flipped to right backer.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,509
    vCash
    1500
    Mercilus

  13. #103
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,950
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    Mercilus
    Good point



    our future

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,351
    vCash
    1500
    As a Jets fan, I made this thread because I am very curious to see how all these guys turn out. We basically had our choice among many of these players outside of Fletcher Cox and Bruce Irvin and the FO went with Coples. I think they viewed it as when all these players are at their best, Coples best is better than the rest. Whether that is true or not is debatable, but I believe Rex Ryan's ego believes he can get the best out of Coples and as a fan I can only hope so or we going to look back on this draft and look at a couple of other players and say I can't believe we passed on that.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,745
    vCash
    1500
    Coples also fit the Jets defensive scheme best, as a 3-4 end who has the requisite size to hold his ground, and the athleticism to provide some quarterback pressure as well. He isn't likely to put up gaudy stats in that position, but I think he could become one of the best 3-4 ends in the league in time. I don't know if it was a case of him being "better" than the rest so much as better suited for the role they had in mind. You could say the same about a few of the others as well. Not surprisingly, teams gave higher grades to players who better fit their own system.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •