Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    My bad.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    Mayock has a terrible record for predicting star players. He was all over Knowshon Moreno a few years back, and the guy will be lucky if he keeps his job this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Mayock has a terrible record for predicting star players. He was all over Knowshon Moreno a few years back, and the guy will be lucky if he keeps his job this year.
    What are you rambling on about now again.

A REAL SCOUT FROM THE STEELERS SAID HE THOUGHT HE WOULD BE THE BEST PASS RUSHER OUT OF THIS CLASS.

I imagine he's going to lose his job too? Oh wait, no he's not because he's been there over a decade.

If you had gotten Jones instead of Branch you'd be talking up Jones. It's what you do.
    Last edited by Norm; 06-02-2012 at 08:18 PM.

vCash
    If you had gotten Jones instead of Branch you'd be talking up Branch. It's what you do.
    True. I can't overcome my objective nature as a football fan.

Seriously though, I wasn't predicting Pro Bowls for Branch in the near future. I just said I thought he would be the first rookie to settle in. I just can't see where the hype for Jones comes from. He doesn't look great on film, and he didn't accomplish much in college.
    Last edited by Alpha Dog; 06-02-2012 at 08:17 PM.

vCash
    I can feel you on that. I wasn't a huge fan myself but I heard too many real football types that really like him. And I'm just a guy with internet access.

Mercilus I see hasn't been really said?

vCash
    I can feel you on that. I wasn't a huge fan myself but I heard too many real football types that really like him. And I'm just a guy with internet access.

Mercilus I see hasn't been really said?
    I just think he will be used in a rotation so I don't think he will break out till year 2. Which is probably good for him.

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    True. I can't overcome my objective nature as a football fan.

Seriously though, I wasn't predicting Pro Bowls for Branch in the near future. I just said I thought he would be the first rookie to settle in. I just can't see where the hype for Jones comes from. He doesn't look great on film, and he didn't accomplish much in college.
    Well he plays for the Pats. That alone make him all Pro. If he had become a Raider he would be GOAT. There is a handbook somewhere that breaks this all down. Norm do you still have your laying around?

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    Well he plays for the Pats. That alone make him all Pro. If he had become a Raider he would be GOAT. There is a handbook somewhere that breaks this all down. Norm do you still have your laying around?
    Left it at home. I was studying it last night and left it on the nightstand.

vCash
    I think Nick Perry is being severely underrated here. Granted, I think he would be better off being used like Calais Campbell; but he has 4 games a season against teams that start Jeff Backus and J'Marcus Webb at LT. Those should be automatic multi-sack games.

vCash
    del

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    I think Nick Perry is being severely underrated here. Granted, I think he would be better off being used like Calais Campbell; but he has 4 games a season against teams that start Jeff Backus and J'Marcus Webb at LT. Those should be automatic multi-sack games.
    Clay's on that side now. He flipped to right backer.

vCash
    Mercilus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    Mercilus
    Good point

our future

vCash
    As a Jets fan, I made this thread because I am very curious to see how all these guys turn out. We basically had our choice among many of these players outside of Fletcher Cox and Bruce Irvin and the FO went with Coples. I think they viewed it as when all these players are at their best, Coples best is better than the rest. Whether that is true or not is debatable, but I believe Rex Ryan's ego believes he can get the best out of Coples and as a fan I can only hope so or we going to look back on this draft and look at a couple of other players and say I can't believe we passed on that.

vCash
    Coples also fit the Jets defensive scheme best, as a 3-4 end who has the requisite size to hold his ground, and the athleticism to provide some quarterback pressure as well. He isn't likely to put up gaudy stats in that position, but I think he could become one of the best 3-4 ends in the league in time. I don't know if it was a case of him being "better" than the rest so much as better suited for the role they had in mind. You could say the same about a few of the others as well. Not surprisingly, teams gave higher grades to players who better fit their own system.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast