Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    For the pats i think hightower has a better chance of being a more dominant pass rusher then chandler jones-i dont like jones for the fact that he didnt dominate at the college level against weaker comp. that doesnt mean he wont do it in the NFL though

I think coples will be a very good player and the jets d line is getting younger and more athletic but the fact he is playing with less exp players might hurt his growth to start (as a jets fan i hope now)

vCash
    Why is this in the comparisons forum? I'm not comparing players, but asking who will have the best rookie season out of a particular group of players.

vCash
    I want to know the same thing. It's honestly ridiculous how many threads get moved here. Go up to the feedback forum and post a thread about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 49ersLALSFGiant View Post
    Coples will have at least 8.5 sacks
    No he won't, but he will have an impact that will lead to other players getting sacks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Why is this in the comparisons forum? I'm not comparing players, but asking who will have the best rookie season out of a particular group of players.
    It's comparing one rookie to another..

Comparison..

If you start your thread with
    Who or which. It's going to end up here

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    It's comparing one rookie to another..

Comparison..

If you start your thread with
    Who or which. It's going to end up here
    Respectfully, I beg to differ. I was asking who would have the best rookie season out of a bunch of different players. I wasn't asking how one would compare with another, but simply who would be the cream of the crop as a rookie. Discussions might take place within the thread comparing one player to another, but that was not the premise of the thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Chandler Jones will eventually be a great player IMO. Even before the Pats actually took him I was on the record saying he was a top 5 player on my big board for the Pats specifically. However, I don't think he'll have a notable year 1 sack wise. I don't think he'll play bad, just not that much as he transitions to the NFL.
    Remember when the Jets were OTC and all of us in the Pats forum thought they were going to pick Jones and you were about to go on suicide watch?

I remember your reaction when they picked Coples instead

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Respectfully, I beg to differ. I was asking who would have the best rookie season out of a bunch of different players. I wasn't asking how one would compare with another, but simply who would be the cream of the crop as a rookie. Discussions might take place within the thread comparing one player to another, but that was not the premise of the thread.
    It's comparing all pass rushers to each other.

How is not?

It's Basically Player VS Player VS Player VS Player VS Player VS Player VS Player VS Player VS Player. Just because it's not just two doesn't stop it from being a comparison.

I've complained about this before, but this time it's right.

vCash
    I understand your point. I was just hoping it wouldn't be viewed as such so it could remain in the regular NFL Forum. It obviously is something that other posters would like to discuss as per the 5 pages from the 1st day the thread was posted. However, if it remains here it will die (still on 5 pages) as all other threads that come to this forum do. To me that's unfortunate cause this could be a fun thread to follow all season and with so many different pass rushers in this draft on so many different teams, it would have continued to gain interest from a lot of different posters who are fans of different teams.

vCash

Which Pass Rusher from the 2012 Draft will have the Best Rookie Season?

Classic comparison thread forum blues...

If people wouldnt make any stupid abc vs xyz threads in here then just homer, bait, and troll this would be a decent forum. We all know where it's at.

It was a good idea for a thread.

Next time. Build your thread like. Do you think chandler jones will be the best rookie rusher in 2012. Everyone will bring up every rookie rusher and you get the same results.

our future

vCash
    True. It's just kind of ridiculous we have to play word games just to get a thread to stay in the main forum. You're right though, that seems to be how PSD is run. The problem I have with wording a thread like that is that you get a bunch of posters who would come in bashing and trolling and making accusations of homerism and then it just ruins the thread when that's not the kind of discussion or responses i'm looking for. Oh well, good idea for a thread down the tubes. We will just have to wait and see how these rookies do and then maybe I'll make a thread for the front runner.

vCash
    Jones seems like the biggest bust candidate of the group. He couldn't keep his balance in the agility drills at the combine, and had 10 sacks over three seasons in college. Doesn't matter if you're tall and have long arms if the blockers can just give you a gentle push and put you on the turf while you're trying to rush the passer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Jones seems like the biggest bust candidate of the group. He couldn't keep his balance in the agility drills at the combine, and had 10 sacks over three seasons in college. Doesn't matter if you're tall and have long arms if the blockers can just give you a gentle push and put you on the turf while you're trying to rush the passer.
    He's way to stiff. He locks up his body to build his push, but that's not a good thing. So when he does push these tackles are going to handle him in the pros

our future

vCash
    Jones is going to be a beast. A couple analysts who know far more than any of you said he could be the best defensive player to come out of the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NE Sportsfan View Post
    Jones is going to be a beast. A couple analysts who know far more than any of you said he could be the best defensive player to come out of the draft.
    Is that seriously your come back. A couple analysts (who you fail to name) said he could be the best defensive player.

This statement just compounds your status of stupidity

our future

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast