Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    homer pick- McClellen (doesnt hurt that hes playing opposite peppers)
    non homer pick - Mercilus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

let mister konerko pour you another glass of courvoisier

vCash
    Upshaw. With an aging Ray, and Suggs out all year, he should get a ton of snaps.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FUKudomeYOMOMMA View Post
    homer pick- McClellen (doesnt hurt that hes playing opposite peppers)
    non homer pick - Mercilus
    Mercilus will need an injury to either Barwin or Reed to get enough playing time to lead in sacks or get the amount of tackles/hurries to win this thread.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NE Sportsfan View Post
    He has the same measurables as Aldon Smith. His defensive coach at Syracuse thinks his best football is ahead of him.
    Just because they're measurables are similiar doesn't mean he's as good as Aldon Smith. Chandler Jones best football may be ahead of him, but when we look back he won't be as good as Aldon Smith. I'll bet 100$ to your 10$ that Jones doesn't get 14 sacks year 1...
    Check Us out at http://profbdaily.com
    "We analyze what you see on Sundays"

vCash
    I say OLB Courtney Upshaw or Quentin Coples. Both guys have the best technique and dominated top notch competition at the college level. I see people saying Mcclellan but I don't see how. Mcclellan didn't put up big pass rush numbers at Boise. He was versatile and can play a lot of different positions but he's not a difference maker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drobe86 View Post
    I say OLB Courtney Upshaw or Quentin Coples. Both guys have the best technique and dominated top notch competition at the college level. I see people saying Mcclellan but I don't see how. Mcclellan didn't put up big pass rush numbers at Boise. He was versatile and can play a lot of different positions but he's not a difference maker.
    Playing opposite of Peppers could have quite a bit of an affect. However I doubt he has that much of an impact seeing as how we will be rotating allot of guys and grooming him this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    Playing opposite of Peppers could have quite a bit of an affect. However I doubt he has that much of an impact seeing as how we will be rotating allot of guys and grooming him this year.
    That should help, but I just don't think Mcclellan is all that good to begin with. Kid had 6.5 sacks in the Mt WEst. Looking at his film I think he's better inside than outside but time will tell. But he's not #19 worthy. Love your pick of Alshon Jeffrey though. I think alot of people are really sleeping on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drobe86 View Post
    That should help, but I just don't think Mcclellan is all that good to begin with. Kid had 6.5 sacks in the Mt WEst. Looking at his film I think he's better inside than outside but time will tell. But he's not #19 worthy. Love your pick of Alshon Jeffrey though. I think alot of people are really sleeping on him.
    Yeah but, the thing you have to remember is the Bears are notorious for making athletic speed guys into good/great pass rushers. We love having speed on the edges and Shea brings that. Plus he's a hard nosed irish kid I mean whats not to love. I actually wasn't in love with the pick but, think the Bears were actually a pretty good team for him to go too. We like to run stunts and I think this kid is going to be allowed to run wild and mix it up.

Either way I still doubt he is the most impacting pass rusher of the other names.

vCash
    Chandler Jones would be my first guess.

Perry working across from Clay could get it done. The completely retooled DL should help too. Too bad Nick Collins couldn't return...

vCash
    Courtney Upshaw because he'll be starting right away. Chandler Jones is my non homer pick though.

Props to rdwilliamson for the sig!

Baltimore Ravens Fan:
    Houston Rockets Fan

vCash
    Obviously I pick Coples.

But I can also see Perry and Mcllelin(?) having very good rookie years.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    I'm actually going to go with Bruce Irvin. Like everyone I thought he was drafted early but thats based on draft guides. But I thought he could be a steal and one of the best pass rushers in this draft. I think his speed and quickness will be nightmares for tackles. Reminds me a bit of Dwight Freeney.

Other guys I like is MCClellin. Not only does he have Peppers, but he will have Melton who a lot of people don't know about yet. Also doesn't have to make the transition from DE to LB like Jones, Mercilus and Perry. Coples I think is staying at DE in a 3-4 which isn't a sack heavy position. Could be wrong on that.
    Last edited by ry31walsh; 05-30-2012 at 05:06 PM.

vCash
    I'll go with Andre Branch, because I think the situation the players step into is the biggest factor. He is the perfect fit for the Jaguar defense, which was pretty good last season despite not having a legitimate pass rusher. They can use him in the same fashion as San Fran used Aldon Smith last season, with the added advantage that Branch will not have to go through a position change. A lot of the pass rushers taken before Andre in the draft will swith positions, or be expected to move around on the field. That slows their development a bit. Branch goes into the exact role he excelled at in college. Right side bandit end with primary pass rush responsibility. Jags have Aaron Kampman, Austen Lane, and John Chick to rotate into the lineup with Mincey and Branch, so he can be used sparingly to start. He will also be playing next to two of the best young defensive tackles in the game in Alualu and Knighton.

On an individual level, Branch had the best all round combination of pass rush skills. He wasn't the biggest (Coples), but has longer arms, and better speed (1.56 split) than Quinton. He didn't have the best reach (Jones), but was much more fluid in the agility drills than Chandler. He wasn't the fastest over 40 yards (Perry), but can bend the corner much better than Nick who is jacked up and stiff. Ingram is short, with shorter arms, and will probably move to linebacker. He was the only one with better agility numbers than Branch, but wasn't nearly as quick off the line. McLellin seems like a hybrid who won't stand out at any one position.

vCash
    I should have added earlier, do not sleep on Branch or Irvin.

Irvin used correctly could be nasty. Branch is in a good situation I personally believe, although he's being a bit ignored because it's JAX.

vCash
    Coples will have at least 8.5 sacks

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast