Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sunday Night Football vs. Monday Night Football

Why the hell does Sunday Night Football wreck Monday Night Football every week? Isn't Monday Night Football supposed to be the premiere game of the week? Since ESPN took over it honestly feels like more of a pageant than a game of the week. It's sort of like a showcase, they'll pick a Jags game even though nobody wants to watch the Jags just so they can say "hey look, we're in Jacksonville" 70 times per game. There are several of those types of games every year. Meanwhile Sunday Night football consistently picks games that have major playoff ramifications. Why does this happen? How are the games picked?

Well it has been consistently better produced since it went to NBC. It started with Madden and Michaels on commentary when MNF was trotting out crap crew after crap crew. Also people seem to still be in football mode on Sunday night still on the weekend high. When its Monday a lot of people have difficulty staying up til 11:30-12 to watch the game.

That changed when SNF went to network TV and MNF went to basic cable. I like having SNF as the premier game now though. It also helps that SNF gets the flex scheduling as well.

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

I'd much rather watch the Texans abuse the Jets than the saints/chargers
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

The lack of good games on MNF is really the issue. Why the Broncos-Pats game wasn't on MNF this week is beyond me. Instead I have to watch the Texans-Jets game and thats the last thing I want to do is watch Sanchez play QB all game. Makes my eyes hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Why the hell does Sunday Night Football wreck Monday Night Football every week? Isn't Monday Night Football supposed to be the premiere game of the week? Since ESPN took over it honestly feels like more of a pageant than a game of the week. It's sort of like a showcase, they'll pick a Jags game even though nobody wants to watch the Jags just so they can say "hey look, we're in Jacksonville" 70 times per game. There are several of those types of games every year. Meanwhile Sunday Night football consistently picks games that have major playoff ramifications. Why does this happen? How are the games picked?
    You got to realize the games are scheduled back in April. There is no way of knowing how a game is going to shape out until it happens in the regular season. Take a couple years back, you had a Monday Night Game with Kansas City at New England. When the schedule came out, you had the defending AFC West champs at the defending AFC East champs. It sounded like a great game. By the time the game came, Charles, Berry, Cassel were all hurt and Kansas City was a shell of its former self and it made for a lopsided dull game.

It does happen!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

dont buy into its a crapshoot nonsense....

There was no-way the Jets-Texans was going to be a good matchup, even in April.
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew View Post
    dont buy into its a crapshoot nonsense....

There was no-way the Jets-Texans was going to be a good matchup, even in April.
    Why do you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Why do you say that?
    I told numerous Jets fans by this time in the schedule. The Jets would be either 0-4 or 1-3 and the clamoring for Tebow would begin. I was off with the record prediction by a game and a Dan Carpenter miss but hell the second prediction has started without fail.

As for the Texans I knew they'd be a good team (granted they stay healthy) but never 4-0 good.

But cmon these are two franchises headed in two different directions. Although one would like you to believe they are on their way every single year.
    Last edited by BigBlueCrew; 10-07-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Monday night football on abc sucked for me when it started at like 915

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew View Post
    I told numerous Jets fans by this time in the schedule. The Jets would be either 0-5 or 1-4 and the clamoring for Tebow would begin. I was off with the record prediction by a game and a Dan Carpenter miss but hell the second prediction has started without fail.

As for the Texans I knew they'd be a good team (granted they stay healthy) but never 4-0 good.

But cmon these are two franchises headed in two different directions. Although one would like you to believe they are on their way every single year.
    OK, but then what makes Saints-Chargers a good matchup? Saints are 0-4. And everyone clamoring for New England/Denver; they were both 2-2 coming into the day (BTW, the same record as the NY Jets). The Jets-Texans matchup takes a hit because of the injuries with the Jets and the Jets defense not being up to par. If we have the Jets defense of old, the Jets, defensive wise, can hang with Houston just as easily IMO.

And from what I can see, MNF isn't too bad:

Week 6-- Denver at San Diego
    Week 7-- Detroit at Chicago
    Week 8-- San Francisco at Arizona
    Week 9-- Philadelphia at New Orleans
    Week 10-- Kansas City at Pittsburgh
    Week 11-- Chicago at San Francisco
    Week 12-- Carolina at Philadelphia
    Week 13-- NY Giants at Washington
    Week 14-- Houston at New England
    Week 15-- NY Jets at Tennessee
    Week 16 and 17-- NO MNF

And why is anyone *****ing and moaning about what games are on MNF? You could put Jacksonville and Cleveland on MNF and guess what, people will watch simply because it is football.

OK, but then what makes Saints-Chargers a good matchup? Saints are 0-4. And everyone clamoring for New England/Denver; they were both 2-2 coming into the day (BTW, the same record as the NY Jets). The Jets-Texans matchup takes a hit because of the injuries with the Jets and the Jets defense not being up to par. If we have the Jets defense of old, the Jets, defensive wise, can hang with Houston just as easily IMO.

Week 16 and 17-- NO MNF

And why is anyone *****ing and moaning about what games are on MNF? You could put Jacksonville and Cleveland on MNF and guess what, people will watch simply because it is football.
    You really felt that with the addition of just Revis, it was an even matchup????

and im sure you meant (BTW 2-2 the same record as the NY Giants). You really felt the same momentum coming outta your game as the Giants did last week? and dont quote numbers.

Week 16 and 17-- NO MNF

Why are people upset with the games? Because we want to see the best teams and the most exciting players play on MNF. We don't want to watch Jacksonville and Cleveland. This has nothing to do with ratings. Fans should get the best product in prime time, not some ****** games.

Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    Why are people upset with the games? Because we want to see the best teams and the most exciting players play on MNF. We don't want to watch Jacksonville and Cleveland. This has nothing to do with ratings. Fans should get the best product in prime time, not some ****** games.
    Oh please, people are going to watch football because it is football. It doesn't matter who is playing. Take tonight-- If you aren't a Chargers or Saints fan, why are you watching then?

Actually you're wrong. I can tell you right now the majority of this forum wouldn't even turn on a jaguars-browns Monday night game unless they were watching for fantasy football reasons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast