Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Which Marlies Deserve Promotions?

With the success that the Marlies are having, I ask, which Marlies will/should be with the Leafs next season?

Obviously Gardiner should be back with the big club and likely Frattin too, but which full-time Marlies should make the jump assuming a few rosters spots are cleared via trade?

vCash
    if kadri and colborne dont get looks, will be disapointed. Scrivens also looks like he could be up here if we get rid of reimer or fail to aquire another goalie.

vCash
    Honestly more then you might think. I will begin by naming definite guys that will get shots next year... barring a trade of course keep that in mind.

1. Matt Frattin, he's looked very good so far and been a hard nosed, go to the net type of forward we saw with Toronto. 9 GP, 6 G, 2 A

2. Nazem Kadri, had two points in last nights game and has played very well. Earning recognition. 10 points in 9 games.

3. Jerry D'Amigo, been their best offensive player. Lights out in the playoffs so far, 10 points in 9 games.

4. Ben Scrivens, has played very well with a good D infront of him. Has a terrific GAA and has a record of 8-1 these playoffs.

5. Last spot goes to Nicolas Deschamps. I mentioned him about a month ago, he's been a very good player for them since being traded to Toronto. 7 points in 9 games.

Other notables have been Marcel Mueller, and Joe Colborne. Colborne has struggled to find consistency, but he scored a goal last night and has 5 points in 7 games. Mueller has been good too, had a goos regular season and is doing great right now.

Gardiner has been their best D man but he's a lock next year. Holzer is a name to watch, 4 points in 9 games and is a very steady defender.

Dupuis and Zigomanis are doing well, I always wanted Zig to get another shot but I doubt it will happen now.

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Outside of Jake Gardiner and probably Matt Frattin (depending on who we acquire this offseason) the answere to the question is..

Whichever Marlies earn a spot during training camp.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Honestly more then you might think. I will begin by naming definite guys that will get shots next year... barring a trade of course keep that in mind.

1. Matt Frattin, he's looked very good so far and been a hard nosed, go to the net type of forward we saw with Toronto. 9 GP, 6 G, 2 A

2. Nazem Kadri, had two points in last nights game and has played very well. Earning recognition. 10 points in 9 games.

3. Jerry D'Amigo, been their best offensive player. Lights out in the playoffs so far, 10 points in 9 games.

4. Ben Scrivens, has played very well with a good D infront of him. Has a terrific GAA and has a record of 8-1 these playoffs.

5. Last spot goes to Nicolas Deschamps. I mentioned him about a month ago, he's been a very good player for them since being traded to Toronto. 7 points in 9 games.

Other notables have been Marcel Mueller, and Joe Colborne. Colborne has struggled to find consistency, but he scored a goal last night and has 5 points in 7 games. Mueller has been good too, had a goos regular season and is doing great right now.

Gardiner has been their best D man but he's a lock next year. Holzer is a name to watch, 4 points in 9 games and is a very steady defender.

Dupuis and Zigomanis are doing well, I always wanted Zig to get another shot but I doubt it will happen now.
    If that many Marlies make the team next year the Leafs will be drafting top 5 again.

vCash
    No I am not saying all those will make it, I just was stating at first which will probably get the first looks. The top 5 there will get the looks and the chance.

Frattin is ready to play in the NHL. D'Amigo probably a year away... if that. He's made good strides. Kadri can be an NHler next year.

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    No I am not saying all those will make it, I just was stating at first which will probably get the first looks. The top 5 there will get the looks and the chance.

Frattin is ready to play in the NHL. D'Amigo probably a year away... if that. He's made good strides. Kadri can be an NHler next year.
    I wish Burke didn't have so much money tied up front on scrubs (Army, Lombardi and Connelly) so the young guy could have a shot. I'd rather see the young guys giving it every night than a group of overpaid vets that go through the motions. Seems to be the tread of Leafs management since I started watching the team. I wish they would figure out that they don't need to spend up to the cap every year just for the sake of doing it. If the UFAs aren't a significant upgarde, stand pat and save the space until it's worth using it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    I wish Burke didn't have so much money tied up front on scrubs (Army, Lombardi and Connelly) so the young guy could have a shot. I'd rather see the young guys giving it every night than a group of overpaid vets that go through the motions. Seems to be the tread of Leafs management since I started watching the team. I wish they would figure out that they don't need to spend up to the cap every year just for the sake of doing it. If the UFAs aren't a significant upgarde, stand pat and save the space until it's worth using it.
    While you make some very good points..... How would the average Leaf fan take it if the richest team in the NHL did not spend to the cap every season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    I agree with you, but Lombardi was a toss in along with Franson and he wasn't even expected to play... but he did. While the cap hit is not great, he was just part of a package.

Connolly and Armstrong are bad contracts. I am sure Burke tries to move them in order to make room for a Frattin or Carter Ashton.

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Bright side is, both Connolly and Armstrong expire at the end of next year.

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLeafs View Post
    While you make some very good points..... How would the average Leaf fan take it if the richest team in the NHL did not spend to the cap every season?
    The Leafs have spent right up to the cap sine it was introduced and we all know how successful they have been since then. The Connolly contract should prove to the fans there is no reason to spend money just for the sake of spending it. There is a reason the Leafs haven't been good since the cap was introduced. They have too many dead weight contracts (Komi, Army, Connolly, Lombardi, Phaneuf) and then they over pay guys like Grabovski. That's over $20 million dollars invested there. Teams that make the playoffs manage their caps a lot more efficiently.

vCash
    I agree with you, but Lombardi was a toss in along with Franson and he wasn't even expected to play... but he did. While the cap hit is not great, he was just part of a package.

Connolly and Armstrong are bad contracts. I am sure Burke tries to move them in order to make room for a Frattin or Carter Ashton.
    Who do you think is dumb enough (besides Burke) to take on a contract like theirs? Both are over paid and injury prone. Good teams, playoff teams will stay the heck away from either of these bums

vCash
    Bright side is, both Connolly and Armstrong expire at the end of next year.
    If I'm MLSE, I don't let Burke sign another UFA EVER. Let one of the 10 assistant GMs he has take a shot at it because Burke = epic fail. Komi, Army, Connolly and Beau prove this point.

vCash
    If kadri is playing for the marlies again next year, I'll be disappointed to say the least. I'd move Clark Mac for a pick. Then have KAdri playing on the second line with kluemin and grabo.
    Fratton should be on the 3rd line where army will be. Other than kadri and fratton - gardiner and Holzer should be here. With Holzer playing in the NHL, you'll obviously see a dman traded.

vCash
    Dallas Eakins?
    Chris Spielman #54

If at 1st you don't suceed
    give up you're a born loser!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast