Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13
    vCash
    1500

    Exclamation Boston Will Sweep Miami

    No this isn't a troll thread.

    I made an account because there's just too many Miami fans driveling utter nonsense.

    Listen, you heard it from me first. Boston will sweep Miami.

    Why?
    - During the regular season, Boston beat Miami 3-1. In the only game Miami won, Boston didn't have their scoring leader. Miami had their big three in all four games, except for the final game, when neither team played their starters.

    - Bosh is hurt. Even if Bosh wasn't hurt, KG is arguably the worst match up for him in the league. He never does well against KG.

    - Lebron and Dwade will have to score 30+ points each in every game to have a chance, which I just can't see happening against Boston's defense. Lebron will get his, but I doubt Wade will consistently score 30+.

    - Although Boston's bench isn't anything special, Miami's bench is just abysmal.

    - Overall, Miami just doesn't match up well against Boston. No answer for Rondo or KG.

    The only thing Miami has going in their favor is Avery Bradley being out. He did a great job on Dwade during the regular season, and Boston will miss him.

    Now, you can say that Allen isn't 100%, and Pierce's knee is bothering him. However, Dwade isn't exactly 100% neither, and he is their second, and only other scoring option after Lebron at this point. So I say things are relatively balanced.

    You heard it from me first, Boston will sweep Miami.

    Good riddance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    15,074
    vCash
    1500
    Boston wins in 6


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,761
    vCash
    1500
    THey have a chance to win the series but there not going to sweep the heat. More likey the heat will sweep the celtics.
    WHO DAT!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    camped outside American Airlines Arena
    Posts
    19,850
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Geist Complex View Post
    - Although Boston's bench isn't anything special, Miami's bench is just abysmal.
    Every bench in the league would be abysmal if they played for Erik Spoelstra. Heat have a good bench, they just never go to it and play Battier+Joel+Miller instead. I'm fine with Miller, but Battier and Joel are virtually non-existent on both defense and statistical production. There's a bunch of other guys that can either score, defend, or both that are just rotting on the bench when Joel and Battier are in the 30 trillion club on a nightly basis.
    Last edited by Wade>You; 05-28-2012 at 03:40 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,107
    vCash
    1500
    this is a complete troll thread...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,013
    vCash
    1500
    While I think that Boston stands a damn good chance at upsetting the Heat. In no way do I think that they stand a chance at sweeping the Heat.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    hampton beach
    Posts
    1,610
    vCash
    1500
    that would be fun to see but not gonna happen.the celts have nagging injuries and no bradley.this series is gonna be a big test ,can the vets hold up?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,555
    vCash
    1500
    Celtic Pride!

    S E A N....M A Y N E

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,107
    vCash
    1500
    anyhow, Miami beat Boston in 5 last year and Boston was even better last season. Boston has trouble scoring points even against bad teams. Not to mention Chris Bosh has started having on court workouts. Miami just got off 3 days rest, and the C's just got done with a grueling 7 game series against a young philly team. So no I am not worried yet. I actually think Miami will win game 1 pretty convincingly due to the extra rest Miami got that Boston didnt. At this point nobody is 100%, Miami is without Bosh, Wade probably aint 100%, Miller isnt. But at the same time Bradley is out for the C's, Allen isnt 100%, and neither is Peirce. No, neither teams will sweep, you just created a dupe account to troll.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    this is a complete troll thread...
    It may appear that way to you, because you probably feel Boston sweeping Miami is unfathomable.

    I'm providing a few points of interest that I've observed, that no one seems to be talking about. I know Miami are favored to win the series, but there doesn't seem to be much logic behind that notion.

    Two great players, aren't going to beat an entire team.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,107
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Geist Complex View Post
    It may appear that way to you, because you probably feel Boston sweeping Miami is unfathomable.

    I'm providing a few points of interest that I've observed, that no one seems to be talking about. I know Miami are favored to win the series, but there doesn't seem to be much logic behind that notion.

    Two great players, aren't going to beat an entire team.
    I've game my points too, see above. You're arguement was based on the regular season. Boston won the regular season 3-1 last year as well, didnt work out to well for them did it? I'm not saying it is impossible for Boston to win, but for you to create a dupe account just to troll by using a bogus arguement on how Boston will sweep Miami is absurd.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    camped outside American Airlines Arena
    Posts
    19,850
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Geist Complex View Post
    It may appear that way to you, because you probably feel Boston sweeping Miami is unfathomable.

    I'm providing a few points of interest that I've observed, that no one seems to be talking about. I know Miami are favored to win the series, but there doesn't seem to be much logic behind that notion.

    Two great players, aren't going to beat an entire team.
    Philly almost eliminated Boston. Is Philly that much more superior than Miami?
    Last edited by Wade>You; 05-28-2012 at 03:56 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,521
    vCash
    1500
    If that's the case then, why do I have a hard time believing it???
    If they can't sweep Atlanta and Philly, then how in the world can they sweep Miami?

    It's party time!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    anyhow, Miami beat Boston in 5 last year and Boston was even better last season. Boston has trouble scoring points even against bad teams. Not to mention Chris Bosh has started having on court workouts. Miami just got off 3 days rest, and the C's just got done with a grueling 7 game series against a young philly team. So no I am not worried yet. I actually think Miami will win game 1 pretty convincingly due to the extra rest Miami got that Boston didnt. At this point nobody is 100%, Miami is without Bosh, Wade probably aint 100%, Miller isnt. But at the same time Bradley is out for the C's, Allen isnt 100%, and neither is Peirce. No, neither teams will sweep, you just created a dupe account to troll.
    Hey, I've been lurking on this site for quite some time, and I finally decided to make an account. Trust me, this isn't a dupe account. If they don't sweep Miami, I'll eat my words, whatever.

    But your point of Miami getting rest for three days is void imo. A couple of years ago when Boston lost to LA in the finals, Orlando blew past everybody they faced. They had nearly a week off, while Boston had to play a long, grueling series. What happens? Orlando goes down 0-3, and eventually loose.

    My point is, Miami having a few days of rest takes them out of their rhythm. Boston not having much rest keeps them in their rhythm.

    In 2008 when Boston won it all, they had two 7 game series.

    Also, Boston was not the better team least year. Jermaine O'neal at the center is far inferior to KG at the center. And we didn't have Brandon Bass who can be dangerous from the perimeter. Also, do you not remember Rondo's arm?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>You View Post
    Philly almost eliminated Boston. Is Philly that much more superior than Miami?
    Out of every team in the east, Philly was the team Boston wanted to face the least. During the regular season, they mopped the floor with Boston on more than one occasion. True, Boston beat them a couple of times as well, but Philly's style of play is very difficult for Boston to match up against.

    It all comes down to match ups. Philly is quick, and talented. Miami is quick, but outside of Lebron and Dwade, are nowhere near as talented as Philly.

    Seriously, Philly's top scorer came off their bench.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •