Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mark Cuban Hired Former FBI Agent to Investigate Officiating

Cuban was noticeably upset with the officials in Game 5, of which the Heat won. After the game ended, Cuban stormed onto the court and openly confronted official Joe DeRosa.

His frustrations eventually led him to consult retired 20-year veteran FBI agent Warren Flagg, who looked into the officiating on behalf of Cuban. In Flagg's own words, he told Cuban "'Sue and you'll win your case,' but he knew he'd be killing the Golden Goose."

Cuban ultimately heeded Flagg's advice, and decided against suing the league.

Flagg was later hired by the NBA to investigate the Tim Donaghy scandal, in which the disgraced former referee admitted to betting on the outcome of NBA games.

His comments on that investigation were quite troublesome.

"They wanted this thing to be closed," Flagg said, "and their story was that Tim was the only bad apple. I've never seen a cooperating witness so hammered and badgered. It was because the NBA was running the thing."

He also went on to add:

"If that Donaghy internal investigation ever gets leaked, it's going to be like the performance-enhancing drug investigation in baseball"
    http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/505182

He was told that if he sued the NBA, he would win. That's crazy. I'm so mixed on this I don't even know what to say really.
    Last edited by mike_noodles; 05-19-2014 at 08:24 PM.

That gave out no new details on anything. We knew that ref was already crooked. I can buy into Mark not wanting to sue if he found out a lot of good info. I mean if something like the NBA rigging games gets out, the whole league would be ruined and Mark would be out the 500-600+ million his team is worth.

Bring out the NBA apologists accusing you of tin foil hat-wearing.

His investigation will be FIXED

Someone needs to take down the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    That gave out no new details on anything. We knew that ref was already crooked. I can buy into Mark not wanting to sue if he found out a lot of good info. I mean if something like the NBA rigging games gets out, the whole league would be ruined and Mark would be out the 500-600+ million his team is worth.
    For me it did. I didn't know that he had hired a former fed to investigate. Nor that he would likely win a lawsuit against the league.

I actually hope the whole investigation into Donaghy does come out so we can see how corrupt the league really is. Maybe the conspiracy theorists have been right all along.

He could have mad a fortune. I'm giving Mark my word. He doesn't seem like the one to lie. Watch Shark Tank, dude is a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    For me it did. I didn't know that he had hired a former fed to investigate. Nor that he would likely win a lawsuit against the league.

I actually hope the whole investigation into Donaghy does come out so we can see how corrupt the league really is. Maybe the conspiracy theorists have been right all along.
    I'm not going to say either way if yes it is fixed or no it's not. But I do know if it comes out that it has been fixed that it could destroy the league and maybe even a lot of legacies.

I'm not going to say either way if yes it is fixed or no it's not. But I do know if it comes out that it has been fixed that it could destroy the league and maybe even a lot of legacies.
    Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant probably sent people to Cuban's house to make him reconsider lol

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Isn't integrity more important though? Wouldn't you rather have a clean league than not, even at a (massive) cost?

Seems like a pretty naive question to ask, I know. Money talks louder virtually every time so I'm not at all surprised by any of this. I am hoping this **** comes out eventually though.

Mark Cuban Hired Former FBI Agent to Investigate Officiating

They definitely fix games. It's become more and more obvious since the 2000s

I'll see your FBI agent and raise you a Law Professor:
    Working in concert with affiliated referees, coaches, players, facility personnel, commercial sponsors, or broadcast partners, a sports league cognizant of such demand function can, in theory and practice, manipulate their own contests to artificially inflate consumer interest and revenue potential. So long as such manipulation has no nexus to gambling, the rigging of game outcomes or individual events therein is legal. No federal law definitely prohibits it.
    And....
    In 2005 the Dallas Mavericks lost two playoff games to the Houston Rockets. Mark Cuban sent the league several e-mails complaining about 29 illegal screens (focusing, in particular, on Yao Ming). The NBA reviewed the screens and confirmed Mark Cuban was indeed correct. Even before Mark Cubanís e-mails, they had also sent out information to their referees in regards to how to call these. The league made a change in how they were calling games that probably impacted the outcome. To stress, there was nothing wrong with this. In fact, it certainly seems like the NBA did the right thing. But the point is simple, the NBA can instruct its employees to change their actions in a way that can change the outcome of a game or a series. As long as money isnít on the line, it is perfectly legal!
    http://wagesofwins.com/2013/07/03/is...-to-rig-games/
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 05-19-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Let's shut the NBA already so everyone stops *****ing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB:28515033
    They definitely fix games. It's become more and more obvious since the 2000s
    Yeah pretty easy to see now a days!

Never posted community news on PSD before and it can be removed but I would like all sports people not just the Canadian sports fans on this forum to know of this story:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...town-for-water

Dynasties are fixed, the Mavs had no business being in the NBA Finals in 2011, but they won the hard way, thats why you hardly see these random teams in the finals, it's always the same teams SA/OKC/MIA

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast