Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Nash

vCash
    Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: The Oilers have until June 25th to decide whether to send qualifying offers to their 9 RFAs. Cam Barker is likely gone. They are trying to trade Linus Omark at the draft rather than qualify him. The Oilers will certainly send offers to Sam Gagner, Jeff Petry and Devan Dubnyk. Theo Peckham will likely get qualified, same with AHLer Chris VandeVelde. Hunter Tremblay and Alex Plante are iffy. The Rangers are doubtful to part with Chris Kreider in a Rick Nash deal, but they could dangle Artem Anisimov, Brandon Dubinsky, Derek Stepan, Michael Del Zotto and a 1st round pick. The Blackhawks are asking lots of questions about Malcolm Subban, they draft at #18. Matheson is hearing that the Kings donít want to trade Jonathan Bernier until they have Jonathan Quick signed to a contract extension. The parameters for Bernier may have been set by the Anders Lindback deal, 2 2nd round picks. The Blue Jackets may not be as sold on Bernier than they were with Lindback. Former Oilers coach Tom Renney spoke with the Capitals about their vacant head coaching position. If the Oilers draft Ryan Murray instead of Nail Yakupov, the Blue Jackets may go with Filip Forsberg over another Russian. Do the small Canadiens then draft another small player in Yakupov (5′ 11″)?
    New York is stupid to give up that kind of package for Nash. They made it to the ECF and now their going for ANOTHER big time acquisition and they already have Gabby at #1 RW. I mean I guess you could move him to LW but that's nearly $21 million on one line! If that was the trade this is what their line-up is without any signings

FORWARDS
    Rick Nash / Brad Richards / Marian Gaborik
    Carl Hagelin / Brian Boyle / Ryan Callahan
    Chris Kreider / Mike Rupp

DEFENSEMEN
    Marc Staal / Dan Girardi
    Ryan McDonagh / Michael Sauer

GOALTENDERS
    Henrik Lundqvist

There missing a lot of pieces here. I mean they would need a complete 4th line & Honestly a 2nd line center. They also need a back-up goalie and a 3rd pairing, OH and they still need a #3 RW.

I just don't see how in the Rangers case trading for Nash will make them a better team. If that is honestly the asking price the Rangers need to walk away.

OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

vCash
    Please Rangers give up Kreider. I can't root for him when he's on the Rangers

But pack on the topic, I could see the Rangers grossly over pay to get Nash.

vCash
    If columbus didn't accept a deal like that they are dumber than i thought, if NYR offered a deal like that then they are ****ing stupid as well.....Who would be dumber tho ?

vCash
    one more thing.....maybe its one of those 3 centers (Dubinsky, Anisimov, Stepan), Del Zotto, and a 1st......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    one more thing.....maybe its one of those 3 centers (Dubinsky, Anisimov, Stepan), Del Zotto, and a 1st......
    This was the last deal that Howson rejected from the Rangers at the deadline

Columbus GM Scott Howson rejected what is believed to be an offer of Dubinsky, Tim Erixon, J.T. Miller, Christian Thomas and a first-round selection in this Juneís Entry Draft.
    -ProHockeyTalk
    It's possible that maybe not all those guys are involved by I can't imagine a deal of Any of those 3 centers, Del Zotto and a 1st gets it done.

vCash
    Don't hate me guys, I know is Eklund but it gives us something to talk about in the forums

On Rick Nash...
    With five days to go until the draft, it's amazing how much blurrier this whole race is getting. San Jose is still my favorite, but Toronto is gaining momentum as is Boston...Incredible race we have...yet all these teams are saying the same thing...The Price is WAY too high. I guess it's pretty much a game of chicken then...
    So being Eklund this means Boston has no interest in Nash

On a serious note I'm eager to see what kind of package PC would offer for Nash. I know we've had an extensive discussion on it but to see what would be an actual offer would be interesting.

vCash
    Ty Anderson is one of the contributors for HockeyBuzz.com. There was an article where the contributors who cover the teams Nash could land with wrote a small piece about their team. Ty essentially goes over all the stuff we talked about and then gave his opinion on what the B's would offer up.

Overall, the most I'd see the Bruins sell to get Nash would be a package of Lucic, Spooner, Jordan Caron, and two first round picks.
    If the Blue Jackets threw in their 2nd rounder this year or take TT's contract, I think it'd be a pretty good deal. It would open up some spots for younger guys, if they don't think Horton will be ready to start they could go after Jagr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Ty Anderson is one of the contributors for HockeyBuzz.com. There was an article where the contributors who cover the teams Nash could land with wrote a small piece about their team. Ty essentially goes over all the stuff we talked about and then gave his opinion on what the B's would offer up.

If the Blue Jackets threw in their 2nd rounder this year or take TT's contract, I think it'd be a pretty good deal. It would open up some spots for younger guys, if they don't think Horton will be ready to start they could go after Jagr
    I would be fine with that package to be perfectly honest.

BUT every other team is probably going to offer a way better package than that, the Rangers especially

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    I would be fine with that package to be perfectly honest.

BUT every other team is probably going to offer a way better package than that, the Rangers especially
    I defiantly think the Rangers will go hard and over pay for him but like Ty said, that's the hardest push the B's would probably make. If that package isn't enough to land Nash then you easily walk away. Anything over that is to much for Nash and not worth it.

vCash
    I defiantly think the Rangers will go hard and over pay for him but like Ty said, that's the hardest push the B's would probably make. If that package isn't enough to land Nash then you easily walk away. Anything over that is to much for Nash and not worth it.
    I completely agree

vCash

I don't think we gain much by trading Lucic and adding Nash. IMO it has to be Krejci who gets moved in a trade. The team clearly has an identity, and it won us a cup, and Lucic is a bigger part of that than Krejci. Plus Seguin is going to be a center.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres View Post
    I don't think we gain much by trading Lucic and adding Nash. IMO it has to be Krejci who gets moved in a trade. The team clearly has an identity, and it won us a cup, and Lucic is a bigger part of that than Krejci. Plus Seguin is going to be a center.
    I know Lucic is a fan favorite because he big physical but for a #1 LW he's very streaky. Lucic also hasn't really showed up the last few years of the playoffs. While I agree with you that Seguin will be a center, I don't see it happening this season. Looking at the entire job of the Center Krejci > Seguin at this point. Between Lucic and Nash I'd have to say Lucic < Nash. Now I know people can say put they put up similar point totals but again Lucic is doing it with better linemates.

Krejci was just signed to an extension and Lucic becomes an RFA at the end of the season. So along with Lucic you'll have Seguin, Marchand & Caron (if he isn't moved).

vCash
    My feelng about this put aside.....

I wouldn't trade Lucic, I would love to have both Lucic Nash Horton....that would be a huge physical offense

Krejci I would love to keep because when he is on he is one of the best, but we have Seguin and **** load of center depth now...so sorry Krejci odd man out

I would do

Krejci
    Caron
    1st this year and next

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    My feelng about this put aside.....

I wouldn't trade Lucic, I would love to have both Lucic Nash Horton....that would be a huge physical offense

Krejci I would love to keep because when he is on he is one of the best, but we have Seguin and **** load of center depth now...so sorry Krejci odd man out

I would do

Krejci
    Caron
    1st this year and next
    Do you think Seguin is ready to be a #1/#2 center though? I hate for them to trade Krejci move Seguin to center and he struggles. Here is my thinking on why Lucic makes more sense.

For Columbus - He's a big physical presence who has a pretty good offensive ability. He wont replicate Nash production but he's a good pieces to build around. No on takes the BJ's seriously and teams try to take liberty's with them. With Lucic in the line-up he wont allow for that to happen. He's also a penitential future Captain, whose won a Stanley Cup.

For Boston - Lucic is a RFA at the end of the season. If he even sniff another 30 goal season he's going to want a good payday. While some disagree with me, I think he could be looking for Krejci type money ($5.25 per). We also know that Krejci can play RW so if you wanted to experiment with Seguin at center, he could rotate with Krejci. If Seguin struggles Krejci is a safety net, if Seguin excels at the position you can either leave Krejci at RW or try and move him. It will be slightly tougher to move him being that his NTC will have kicked in but there is always a mark for #1 Centers in the NHL.

vCash
    But Lucic is physical Krejci at the wing is just another winger. I don't like being a small team and with trading Lucic your trading size and grit.

Lucic can score and moving him to the 2nd or third line will make us very dangerous

Seguin will be a better center than Krejci
    Lucic is a better winger than Krejci

We also have enough depth at center if Seguin struggles you can play Kelly Bergs

Lets not talk about contracts and salary because then we are going back to nash ain't worth his 7.8. I'm just doing all this hypothetically and because we already went around enough that I just want to have fun a bit

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast