Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Nash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I think the 3rd line would be OK, I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade over Pouliot though. As far as the cap goes, I based my numbers off this years cap $64.3 with Savy going to LTIR.

- W/ TT & Krejci Traded and Horton on LTIR - $5.9 million in cap space

- W/ TT & Krejci Traded and Horton NOT on LTIR - $1.9 million in cap space

- W/ Krejci Traded TT Sitting Horton Playing - $1.7 million over the cap

- W/ Krejci Traded TT Sitting Horton on LTIR - $900k in cap space

If you can still move TT in a deal with Columbus as is the rumors then it can work. Don't forget this also doesn't take into account the cap increasing or decreasing.
    I think Pouliot will be an upgrade over himself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592 View Post
    I'd rather keep TT on payroll and Dougie than use Dougie as a piece to free up cap.
    I know. This kid is gonna be awesome. We Stole him last draft.
    Bruins, Chargers, Blue Jays, Raptors

vCash
    Reports are Nash has removed Toronto from his list of teams he'll "OK" a trade to. IIRC the remaining teams would be....New York, Boston, Los Angeles & San Jose.

New York - IMO the Favorite to land Nash. They have a history of making big off-season splashing i.e. Drury, Gomez, Richards, Gaborik

Boston - Has the pieces but would they be willing to move some major pieces from the roster? Most here say NO, I'd like to explore it (as we've debated)

Los Angeles - I don't expect them to make a run at Nash. They do have the goaltending that Columbus is looking for, outside of that I'm not sure they want to make an major change to their line-up.

San Jose - The Dark Horse of the Nash sweepstakes. San Jose is not shy about making major deals i.e. Thornton, Heatley, Burns. I think they have the pieces to pull it off but they say Couture is off-limits and he'd be a key pieces for Columbus.

With the Leafs me "taken off" and LA not seeming like a likely landing place does this drop the value for Nash? I think New York will make a strong run at Nash and you may see Boston be in it simply to drive the price up. San Jose could say ****** IT and move Couture in hopes that Nash is that pieces they need.

All I know it this is going to get very interesting this off-season

OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

vCash
    There are many more teams involved than that. I don't think the B's are involved in it all that much. I've heard the Hurricanes and the Flyers as well.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    There are many more teams involved than that. I don't think the B's are involved in it all that much. I've heard the Hurricanes and the Flyers as well.
    I'm sure almost every GM in the NHL has called about Nash, just to see what the the value is. Remember though Nash has a NTC and can choose where he goes. My post is based of the 5 teams he submitted during the season that he WOULD waive his NTC for. Now that TOR is "off the list", I've just given my thought on each team and Nash.

vCash
    "Portzline believes the NY Rangers appear the most likely fit, while San Jose, Philadelphia, Toronto, and Carolina apparently have “considerable interest” in Nash, though the Blue Jackets asking price is believed to be high, perhaps too high according to some GMs. Their asking price could include “help at Nash’s position at forward”, and doesn’t preclude a defenseman"

We don't have the assets to trade fro him and continue being an elite team. We need to focus on building our juniors depth. Even getting Nash any injury at the forwards or defense will cripple us because we have no depth in the minors to step in

Once again that Kaberle trade has bitten us in the ***, yeah for winning the cup but we lost a lot of assets since our juniors basically are unproven or just suck

just read this

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...o-acquire-nash

if Rangers are offering that for him....well good luck with that
    Last edited by 2bleedB&G; 06-16-2012 at 03:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    "Portzline believes the NY Rangers appear the most likely fit, while San Jose, Philadelphia, Toronto, and Carolina apparently have “considerable interest” in Nash, though the Blue Jackets asking price is believed to be high, perhaps too high according to some GMs. Their asking price could include “help at Nash’s position at forward”, and doesn’t preclude a defenseman"

We don't have the assets to trade fro him and continue being an elite team. We need to focus on building our juniors depth. Even getting Nash any injury at the forwards or defense will cripple us because we have no depth in the minors to step in

Once again that Kaberle trade has bitten us in the ***, yeah for winning the cup but we lost a lot of assets since our juniors basically are unproven or just suck

just read this

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...o-acquire-nash

if Rangers are offering that for him....well good luck with that
    What did we really lose in the Kaberle deal? The only semi proven piece was Colborne and even then he wasn't "proven". We gave up a 1st (which we had two 1st) and a 2nd this year. You have no idea what any of those picks will turn out to be while Kaberle (while most disagree) helped us win a Cup. I'd still make that trade 10/10.

Like I said before, I wouldn't over pay for Nash. If the Rangers what to throw the house a Columbus for him great. Nash (IMO) is still a great player and could be elite with better talent BUT I wouldn't give up an insane package for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    What did we really lose in the Kaberle deal? The only semi proven piece was Colborne and even then he wasn't "proven". We gave up a 1st (which we had two 1st) and a 2nd this year. You have no idea what any of those picks will turn out to be while Kaberle (while most disagree) helped us win a Cup. I'd still make that trade 10/10.

Like I said before, I wouldn't over pay for Nash. If the Rangers what to throw the house a Columbus for him great. Nash (IMO) is still a great player and could be elite with better talent BUT I wouldn't give up an insane package for him.
    I agree with the trade 10/10 because of how it finished. But we did lose assets

We just don't have the kids to be able to make those big moves. NY to me is nuts if they want to do that trade, but unless they win it this year or net that will be a very costly trade

We needed a replacement for Horton and we had nothing to trade.

It sucks but we have nothing but our NHL guys. Trading for Nash to me just seems like we will trade two B+ for an A. Doesn't solve any problems because we still need to find a winger for the third line and maybe some depth on the D.....Oh and cap space

vCash
    I agree with the trade 10/10 because of how it finished. But we did lose assets

We just don't have the kids to be able to make those big moves. NY to me is nuts if they want to do that trade, but unless they win it this year or net that will be a very costly trade

We needed a replacement for Horton and we had nothing to trade.

It sucks but we have nothing but our NHL guys. Trading for Nash to me just seems like we will trade two B+ for an A. Doesn't solve any problems because we still need to find a winger for the third line and maybe some depth on the D.....Oh and cap space
    But what assets did we really lose? Colborne couldn't crack a awful Toronto team this season, last years 1st was #30 and this years 2nd is #54. We wont know for 2-5 years if we really gave up much.

Well I don't think a trade for Nash would cost all your prospects. In the off-season thread you want to play are youth and you could plug Knight or Spooner in there (who ever doesn't get traded). That D IMO is pretty much set, I'm not sure where were going to add to it. The cap isn't as much of an issue as people make it out to be. If the upper limit stays at $70 million then the B's could take on that big contract.

vCash
    But it won't be 70's or they would have just continued the current CBA, they had that choice for 1 more year and the NHL refused it

How can you truly say 2-5 years, Lucic made the team out of camp and he was a second. One of those guys could have been a hit just as much as a project.

The assets are still bodies that we could have used to make moves. Colbourne couldn't crack a T.o roster because there coaching staff are idiots. Kadri can't even make that team. And please don't tell me any of their current roster centers are better than both

That first rounder/plus the 2011 first rounder we could have packaged last year for a 2nd line winger. Our 2nd we could have packaged to move up or for something if PC felt the need

We don't have those so we are already minus. With the rest we don't let any rookies play because we have no room for them so we don't know what they could actually do. Our AHL team has been garbage for a while, some of our youth might be really good but they can't show it in the AHL because they have nobody to play with and no real shot and making the bigs. That's why I don't mind if Horty is on IR for a while. Gives the shot at somebody to step up or at least show some skill and maybe his stock rises in the eyes of other team (like Wheeler)

vCash
    But it won't be 70's or they would have just continued the current CBA, they had that choice for 1 more year and the NHL refused it
    It may not be but most think it'll still be in the high 60's, which still works for us.

How can you truly say 2-5 years, Lucic made the team out of camp and he was a second. One of those guys could have been a hit just as much as a project.
    How many late 1st/2nd rounders crack an NHL line-up their draft year? Guys like Lucic don't happen every single year and on a different team he might not have cracked the line-up.

The average prospect takes 2-5 years to develop and even then there is no guarantee that they turn into anything.

The assets are still bodies that we could have used to make moves. Colbourne couldn't crack a T.o roster because there coaching staff are idiots. Kadri can't even make that team. And please don't tell me any of their current roster centers are better than both
    Unless those bodies are top prospects or can make the NHL what kind of moves can they really bring you? I'm not going to say that their other centers are better but IF those guys were head and shoulders above everyone else they'd be playing.

That first rounder/plus the 2011 first rounder we could have packaged last year for a 2nd line winger. Our 2nd we could have packaged to move up or for something if PC felt the need
    Huh? What 1st rounders are you talking about?

This is what it comes down to. Would you rather have....

A) Prospects or assets to trade?

B) Stanley Cup?

I'll take B and I'm sure 99.9% of people would. We traded 3 unknowns for a proven NHLer that helped win a Cup.

We don't have those so we are already minus. With the rest we don't let any rookies play because we have no room for them so we don't know what they could actually do. Our AHL team has been garbage for a while, some of our youth might be really good but they can't show it in the AHL because they have nobody to play with and no real shot and making the bigs. That's why I don't mind if Horty is on IR for a while. Gives the shot at somebody to step up or at least show some skill and maybe his stock rises in the eyes of other team (like Wheeler)
    We played two rookies the year we won the Stanley Cup, last year almost the entire team came back. Where were we supposed to put rookies? Our AHL team has been awful cause all our talent has been either in the NHL or the CHL. This season there are a few guys coming up that will help but honestly the AHL is just a place for kids to work on parts of their game.

vCash
    Meant Colborne as the other first we could have traded

I like trading unknowns for NHL caliber players, but we don't have any unknowns to trade right now that are worth anything.

See but your missing something, top prospects come up to play top line minutes, we need a rookie to fill in the third line. Caron played very limited games at the beginning of the year, Pou was NEVER going to be a top liner he had that chance and failed, Caron still has that chance but he didn't have the confidence, so when Horty got hurt he could have moved up to the second line. But CJ didn't trust him because he stop playing rookies. We don't have anybody in the minors to step in. At least nobody that the big team feel confident in and thats a very big problem

When McQ went down which D could step in? We had to go out and get two more useless older guys

You can't just make trades and hope to god nobody gets hurt. We need to be able to deal with injuries. That was our biggest problem last year, when we won the cup nobody got hurt and we had Seguin to step in (Who played the whole year). They forgot that a we got burned for it in the playoffs

That's why I hope as much as we feel Sauve Arniel Caron, aren't ready we play them and deal with the growing pains. The rest of the team is good enough to win the season with those kids screwing up. Come playoff time that experience could help us win another cup

vCash
    Meant Colborne as the other first we could have traded

I like trading unknowns for NHL caliber players, but we don't have any unknowns to trade right now that are worth anything.

See but your missing something, top prospects come up to play top line minutes, we need a rookie to fill in the third line. Caron played very limited games at the beginning of the year, Pou was NEVER going to be a top liner he had that chance and failed, Caron still has that chance but he didn't have the confidence, so when Horty got hurt he could have moved up to the second line. But CJ didn't trust him because he stop playing rookies. We don't have anybody in the minors to step in. At least nobody that the big team feel confident in and thats a very big problem

When McQ went down which D could step in? We had to go out and get two more useless older guys

You can't just make trades and hope to god nobody gets hurt. We need to be able to deal with injuries. That was our biggest problem last year, when we won the cup nobody got hurt and we had Seguin to step in (Who played the whole year). They forgot that a we got burned for it in the playoffs

That's why I hope as much as we feel Sauve Arniel Caron, aren't ready we play them and deal with the growing pains. The rest of the team is good enough to win the season with those kids screwing up. Come playoff time that experience could help us win another cup
    This whole thing started because you said the Kaberle deal crippled us. Now you're saying you have no problems trading unknowns for NHL caliber players. I'm so ****ing confused at this point I'm not even sure how continue this conversation.

vCash
    I said I would do that deal 10/10 because we won the cup

We had assets to give at that point

Now we don't because we gave up those assets. If we had those assets that we traded 2 years ago, last year we could of made moves. I like trading for NHL caliber players when we have assets to give up, but we don't play anybody enough to show case any skill or find somebody that might surprise us.

vCash
    ready for the humidity this week?

ek reporting bruins in on nash ... then again so is my nephew's mites team. stay tuned!

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast