Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Nash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Haha so you just want to get to the dance but you don't want to win it....wow you totally missed the point of me saying in the finals

good job at telling me what he did the past three rounds and completely ignoring him not doing anything in the finals.

I don't believe I ever said he sucked I believe I meant I don't want to rely on one player scoring for us. And if your paying him 7.8 million you will be relying on that one player

When he gets targeted by the others teams defense who do you rely on to score?

Funny how you tell us all off Top and you just posted like a dick
    Getting you to the dance? haha You can say whatever you want about guys like Kovalchuk or Nash and the money they make and how it may be detrimental to the team and retaining depth but it isn't true.

He has hasn't done anything special in the finals? Fine has Parise? Has Elias? No the only players who have played well are Brodeur save tonight, and the Devils' fourth line.

Do you understand how much Nash would open up things for the other forwards on the team? You are going to have a guy like Nash up against the top pairing every single night. The Bruins have three lines they can role out and do damage with.

Nash would not only be the offensive force the Bruins would be acquiring (Which he would be despite his numbers in Columbus, a revitalized Nash surrounded by high end talent would be a monster in this league) He would also be a giant decoy in which the others teams top lines were attached to all night leaving the Bruins other lines more time against the usually weaker bottom four. Could you imaging Bergeron, Seguin, and Marchand against bottom pairings all season?

You act like a Nash acquisition would eliminate the excellent secondary scoring the Bruins already have.

I understand that people do not want Rick Nash because of his salary which is fine. I have some comments on here like your ridiculous "he asked for everything" comment earlier in this or another thread that do not make any sense. If his salary is so bad than why are so many teams so hungry to have him on their team?

I'm going out on a limb here but I'm going to say that General Managers of National Hockey League teams and their high end talent scouts who are hoping to land Nash, know more about what he bring to a team and the level of talent he possesses than a couple a fans who think his salary is scawy.

For every highly paid player you can name that lost in the finals or the playoffs, I can name the same amount of guys that won.

vCash
    Hey my pro Nash brothers

Notice how Kovalchuck has been doing nothing in the finals, and he is only 6.5 million. I'm scared Nash will have that kind of scoring problem also next playoffs

And because of that contract we can't add anybody to help
    New Jersey has scored all of 2 goals in the Finals. The same can be said about the following guys

Parise - 0 Stanley Cup Final Points
    Brown - 1 Stanley Cup Final Point
    Richards - 1 Stanley Cup Final Point
    Elias - 1 Stanley Cup Final Point

No one is truly scoring in the series (maybe Carter with 2 goals) so to only single out Kovalchuk is kind of unfair.

With Thomas having pulled his stunt it makes bring in Nash extremely hard. Unless Thomas is going in a deal to Columbus then he wont be coming to Boston.

Sidney Crosby? Tuukka's Not Impressed

vCash
    With Capgeek saying we will have 10mil in cap space this year and Columbus having 20mil in space, I can see a possibility where CBJ would take TT in a deal. I think it would cost us Dougie and that maybe why PC is looking to move up in the draft to one of the top 8 D to take his place.

vCash
    I'd rather keep TT on payroll and Dougie than use Dougie as a piece to free up cap.

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    No way they trade Hamilton, although his stock may never be higher.

Thomas basically ruined any chance we have at a 5million+ signing or acquisition. He's a **** and a **** and I hope he chokes on his ****ing bible

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    Getting you to the dance? haha You can say whatever you want about guys like Kovalchuk or Nash and the money they make and how it may be detrimental to the team and retaining depth but it isn't true.

He has hasn't done anything special in the finals? Fine has Parise? Has Elias? No the only players who have played well are Brodeur save tonight, and the Devils' fourth line.

Do you understand how much Nash would open up things for the other forwards on the team? You are going to have a guy like Nash up against the top pairing every single night. The Bruins have three lines they can role out and do damage with.

Nash would not only be the offensive force the Bruins would be acquiring (Which he would be despite his numbers in Columbus, a revitalized Nash surrounded by high end talent would be a monster in this league) He would also be a giant decoy in which the others teams top lines were attached to all night leaving the Bruins other lines more time against the usually weaker bottom four. Could you imaging Bergeron, Seguin, and Marchand against bottom pairings all season?

You act like a Nash acquisition would eliminate the excellent secondary scoring the Bruins already have.

I understand that people do not want Rick Nash because of his salary which is fine. I have some comments on here like your ridiculous "he asked for everything" comment earlier in this or another thread that do not make any sense. If his salary is so bad than why are so many teams so hungry to have him on their team?

I'm going out on a limb here but I'm going to say that General Managers of National Hockey League teams and their high end talent scouts who are hoping to land Nash, know more about what he bring to a team and the level of talent he possesses than a couple a fans who think his salary is scawy.

For every highly paid player you can name that lost in the finals or the playoffs, I can name the same amount of guys that won.
    Thank you this one is a thought out post

We won't have three lines rolling because we will have to send pieces the other way

You send Krejci and Lucic just to replace him Nash we lose our first especially if like most of you are saying we won't have Horton

How many Gms wanted Heatley? And how many cups has he won with Joe Thornton? He was very talented, the team was very talented what happened to them?

And who are the GMs looking to get him? So far I've heard SJ NY Tor Bos

We have our highly played players thats what oyu guys seem to be missing, we have Chara Bergs Krejci Horton Lucic and soon Seguin. We have our skill, we might need to replace Horton but if you trade Krejci and Lucic who is replacing them?

And your locking us in to 6 years, when other teams just shut him down we can't add anybody to help. I would trade for Nash at the deadline if thats the key we are missing but right now we have no idea how good or bad the team will be. What happens if we score 8 goals but let in 9 like Pitts/Philly?

All you guys tell me is he scores, ok but defense/goalies wins cups. So can you guys give me something else?

vCash
    Thank you this one is a thought out post

We won't have three lines rolling because we will have to send pieces the other way

You send Krejci and Lucic just to replace him Nash we lose our first especially if like most of you are saying we won't have Horton

How many Gms wanted Heatley? And how many cups has he won with Joe Thornton? He was very talented, the team was very talented what happened to them?

And who are the GMs looking to get him? So far I've heard SJ NY Tor Bos

We have our highly played players thats what oyu guys seem to be missing, we have Chara Bergs Krejci Horton Lucic and soon Seguin. We have our skill, we might need to replace Horton but if you trade Krejci and Lucic who is replacing them?

And your locking us in to 6 years, when other teams just shut him down we can't add anybody to help. I would trade for Nash at the deadline if thats the key we are missing but right now we have no idea how good or bad the team will be. What happens if we score 8 goals but let in 9 like Pitts/Philly?

All you guys tell me is he scores, ok but defense/goalies wins cups. So can you guys give me something else?
    This is the impasse in the Nash talks. I honestly don't think either one of us wrong with are arguments.

We would have to give up a lot to get him and yes it could hinder us down the line. Arguing that is futile given the nature of deal. Nash would be a big and risky investment there is no denying it.

I just wrote a post in the Tim Thomas thread that you should take a look at (It has nothing to do with Nash) but it outlines the cap going into the off-season following next season.

if the cap were to stay the same as it is right now for the sake of this argument the Bruins would be looking at $27 million in cap, when Savard's LTIR is added it gives us $31 million and some change.

If we were to move Krejci for Nash the difference would be about $2.6 for us to take back which would then leave our cap at $28.4 million. This more than enough to resign Horton, Lucic, Seguin, Marchand, Ference and Horton.

Also keep in mind that I have not added Rask's new deal to this as well as other players.

Say Rask gets $3.5
    Seguin $5.0
    Horton $4.5
    Lucic $4.5
    Marchand $4.0
    Ference $2.25
    Caron $1.5
    Campbell $1.5

That would be $26.75 subtracted from the $28.4 which would leave $2.35 in cap to get a backup tender and another forward which could easily be filled out by one of the kids or Bourque even.

It isn't impossible and if there is anyone I would want to be the mastermind behind all of it, it is Chiarelli.

Keep in mind though this is my argument for the cap staying the same and certain players going the other way. I have outlined that it could work and that it doesn't seem implausible.

Your argument is just as valid, you are Con, I am Pro. Neither one of us is wrong. You could say it would be better to use that money for someone else and you could be right. My point here is to show that it is financially possible without losing any key guys
    Last edited by The Top Shelfer; 06-05-2012 at 11:17 AM.

vCash
    Thanks Top it is a pleasure

Now PC go do something

vCash
    This would be my lineup with the above proposals in place

Lucic-Seguin-Nash
    Marchand-Bergeron-Horton
    Caron-Peverley-Knight/Bourque
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Boychuk
    Seidenberg-Ference
    Hamilton-McQuaid

Rask-Khudobin/Svedberg

Not to shabby but the third line will need work. Who knows? By then the Knight and Caron could be solid third line types and solid NHL regulars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    This would be my lineup with the above proposals in place

Lucic-Seguin-Nash
    Marchand-Bergeron-Horton
    Caron-Peverley-Knight/Bourque
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Boychuk
    Seidenberg-Ference
    Hamilton-McQuaid

Rask-Khudobin/Svedberg

Not to shabby but the third line will need work. Who knows? By then the Knight and Caron could be solid third line types and solid NHL regulars.
    If Horton doesn't return I'd assume something like this

Lucic - Seguin - Nash
    Marchand - Bergeron - Caron
    Pouliot? - Peverley - Knight
    Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Boychuk
    Seidenberg - Ference
    Hamilton - McQuaid

Rask
    Khudobin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    If Horton doesn't return I'd assume something like this

Lucic - Seguin - Nash
    Marchand - Bergeron - Caron
    Pouliot? - Peverley - Knight
    Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Boychuk
    Seidenberg - Ference
    Hamilton - McQuaid

Rask
    Khudobin
    That third line scares me I'd hope Horton would be back so we can play Caron on the third line

Does the money work?

vCash
    That third line scares me I'd hope Horton would be back so we can play Caron on the third line

Does the money work?
    I think the 3rd line would be OK, I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade over Pouliot though. As far as the cap goes, I based my numbers off this years cap $64.3 with Savy going to LTIR.

- W/ TT & Krejci Traded and Horton on LTIR - $5.9 million in cap space

- W/ TT & Krejci Traded and Horton NOT on LTIR - $1.9 million in cap space

- W/ Krejci Traded TT Sitting Horton Playing - $1.7 million over the cap

- W/ Krejci Traded TT Sitting Horton on LTIR - $900k in cap space

If you can still move TT in a deal with Columbus as is the rumors then it can work. Don't forget this also doesn't take into account the cap increasing or decreasing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I think the 3rd line would be OK, I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade over Pouliot though. As far as the cap goes, I based my numbers off this years cap $64.3 with Savy going to LTIR.

- W/ TT & Krejci Traded and Horton on LTIR - $5.9 million in cap space

- W/ TT & Krejci Traded and Horton NOT on LTIR - $1.9 million in cap space

- W/ Krejci Traded TT Sitting Horton Playing - $1.7 million over the cap

- W/ Krejci Traded TT Sitting Horton on LTIR - $900k in cap space

If you can still move TT in a deal with Columbus as is the rumors then it can work. Don't forget this also doesn't take into account the cap increasing or decreasing.
    Also knowing CJ I'm sure Pev would be our #1 Center

I don't think he trust Seguin to have that responsibility...how many faceoffs did Seguin take last year?....By faces I mean he was supposed to take it not replace the center that was kicked out

vCash
    Also knowing CJ I'm sure Pev would be our #1 Center

I don't think he trust Seguin to have that responsibility...how many faceoffs did Seguin take last year?....By faces I mean he was supposed to take it not replace the center that was kicked out
    something just shy of zero lol. When Krejci and Bergeron are the guys you play with you wont get many chances. Seguin actually took more face-offs as a rookie (300+) then he did last season (106 total). His rookie year IIRC he was 49% in the dot and this past season he was 43% in the dot. Obviously not taking a lot of face-off skewed his % this season.

If Seguin was given enough time in the off-season, I think he could work on those things and be alright.

vCash
    So our depth at center one year I think screws us the next. If Seguin would have had the chance to play center Krejci would have been easier to trade

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast