Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Nash

vCash
    This Nash debate is getting a bit old and it's a stalemate.

I think we should do it and trade Krejci - begin the Seguin Era.

Oneman also would do it and trade Lucic/Krejci.

Everyone else is scared of his big salary and what it would mean in the future and it's impact on our depth.

Play it safe vs. Take a risk

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    Not really. Every knowledgeable poster can see that Lucic was an original 4th liner developing into a power forward. Not fair to compare his beginning numbers at all.

Lucic is a completely different player from Nash, despite what you think. Hockey is all about chemistry. You and I really both don't know what could happen. So yeah, really.

Oh sure, but I want you to name an instance in which PC said he won't trade a player and he did. I don't recall any.

The ultimate achievement was accomplished by winning the cup. The players now know what it takes. If we need a veteran to tell them how to play during the playoffs now, the team isn't as good as we all think.

You suggested we trade Krejci and then some away for Bobby Ryan right? Some people referenced his monster playoffs but many pointed at the fact that we don't need Ryan and don't need to make such a major move sacrificing prospects.

A simple search brought up good memories.

Do some simple research. Horton's cap hit is around 4 million. There are plenty of players that can hit 25 goals that we can acquire/sign at 4 million.

And please, get the facts straight. Peverley made his debut in the 06-07 season. That would make it 6 years. He was a rookie trying to break the roster in Nashville (eventually inserted in the lineup sparingly) and thrived when got the playing time in Atlanta. Not really injury prone. Geez, speaking of basic statements...

Why do you ignore everything I've said in the past about Nash?

The potential for him to become a "great" player here in Boston is not good enough for us to take the risk of taking on that contract, especially when we'd have to move a piece like Lucic.

Yeah, they're going to explore it. Ultimately they will probably realize that it's not worth it unless we are grabbing a steal of a deal.

First off, the uncertainty of the cap is a huge reason why Nash's contract could potentially hurt a team big time. It's not the issue of how much it's going up. It's about is it going UP or DOWN? That's huge.

We have a great depth of players, probably more than other teams. We also have a lot of young players that will require a raise in the future. Money adds up. We aren't like other teams.

Now I need you to answer a previous question. Is it enough to make a $3.8 million difference? The answer is probably a no.
    Like I told B&G we can sit here and continue to talk circles around each other on this Nash thing. At this point we know where each other stands and now It's a wait and see what happens.

BTW the on injury prone thing, I thought you were talking about Horton not Peverley. It's cute though you you use my own statements to try and make a point.

Essentially after 5 pages of debating this is what we've come to realize

Rick Nash would improve the Boston Bruins.

Rick Nash has a terrible cap hit.

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    I would like to add something to the Rick Nash debate that has not been brought up yet. It is a complicated matter and has thus been ignored but it dawned on me today that there will likely be a penalty free buy out period once the new CBA is implemented.

I wonder if the Bruins would acquire Nash, buy his current contract out with no penalty to the cap, and sign him to a more favorable sum.

I notice that his has escaped most debates on him but I thought I would bring it up. Signing him to a more cap friendly deal would help our cap situation (which is the primary argument against him) and would still see him get paid nearly the same he would have. Besides, if he truly wants to win and get out of Columbus, than I can't see him saying no to this.

I know some will come with the Jacobs is cheap argument but in reality, I think he has done an excellent job as an owner over the last few years and the Cup victory last year has made him realize that he has a team here that can bring so much revenue in for him as well as putting out an excellent product

P.S. the bolded part is the meat of my point and did not want it to go unnoticed

vCash
    Sorry top but there is no reason to believe that will be in the new CBA, I was listening to sports radio back when they had the GM meeting and the NHL specifically told the GMs not to spend like drunken sailors because they will not have as easy out, meaning no buyouts, no roll back and no sending down to minors

And just to answer Neely I to am fed up of the Nash conversation, I've been convinced only teams that score 30% on the PP win the cup.....oh wait LA has a worse PP then Boston did last year? Oh well **** NASH, TEAMS WIN CUPS that means 5 on 5 not PP's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Sorry top but there is no reason to believe that will be in the new CBA, I was listening to sports radio back when they had the GM meeting and the NHL specifically told the GMs not to spend like drunken sailors because they will not have as easy out, meaning no buyouts, no roll back and no sending down to minors

And just to answer Neely I to am fed up of the Nash conversation, I've been convinced only teams that score 30% on the PP win the cup.....oh wait LA has a worse PP then Boston did last year? Oh well **** NASH, TEAMS WIN CUPS that means 5 on 5 not PP's
    Well actually there will be a new CBA or a modified one. Here is a quote from the Toronto Sun about the recent update:

"The league has served notice to the players it wishes to change the current CBA, something it needed to do 120 days from the expiry of the current deal on Sept. 15. If neither side had served notice of its desire to change the current agreement, it would have been renewed for another year."

Had the NHL not done this, the current CBA would have automatically been implemented for next season.

There is a very good chance that a new CBA will emerge from this, not one that will cause a lockout, but one that will have an effect on the league and issues like salary cap, buy outs, etc.

Negotiations begin after the Stanley Cup finals. I didn't get it from a radio station though so who knows how reliable it is...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    Because we won the Cup a season ago? It's not "hoping," it's knowing we have the pieces to make a run for a good amount of time.

Every trade is a risk and simply put, Rick Nash's potential is not a good enough risk for us to take, especially with that contract. Our system doesn't produce 40 goal scorers. It produces depth scoring.

Since you like numbers oneman:

-Rick Nash has had only 1 70+ point season. [08-09]
    -Rick Nash has had only 1 40 goal season. [08-09]

Last 2 seasons:
    Nash: 62 goals
    Lucic: 56 goals

Nash: 125 points
    Lucic: 123 points

Nash: 33 PP points
    Lucic: 25 PP points

Nash: 40 blocked shots and 195 hits
    Lucic: 48 blocked shots and 368 hits

Enough to make a $3.8 million difference? You tell me. Doesn't look like a bonafide superstar to me.
    Shaiza, you explained my point from a few pages back exactly, just that you went to the trouble of providing the numbers to prove it. Nash, even if he scores 10-15 more goals than Looch / Krejci and simply ties Looch with hits, etc. is not worth the extra 4 mill. i'd love to have him , but not at the cost of Lucic. just not good bang for the buck. keep the 4 mill and get another good player , or use it to sign a good free agent is my thinking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by general_tso View Post
    I agree, a good mix is beneficial. I wouldnt call Pouliot a waste of size though. He does throw is body around a bit but more importantly he makes great use of his reach. I would guess that he is second among forwards in takeways after Bergeron. I would compare him to Chara in that he has a really effective reach.
    if Pouliot comes back i'm predicting that he'll improve his numbers over last year. a year under CJ's system will give him a better start next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    Well actually there will be a new CBA or a modified one. Here is a quote from the Toronto Sun about the recent update:

"The league has served notice to the players it wishes to change the current CBA, something it needed to do 120 days from the expiry of the current deal on Sept. 15. If neither side had served notice of its desire to change the current agreement, it would have been renewed for another year."

Had the NHL not done this, the current CBA would have automatically been implemented for next season.

There is a very good chance that a new CBA will emerge from this, not one that will cause a lockout, but one that will have an effect on the league and issues like salary cap, buy outs, etc.

Negotiations begin after the Stanley Cup finals. I didn't get it from a radio station though so who knows how reliable it is...

No no I apologize I should have been more clear, I meant they said that there might not be a buy out period, or anymore loop holes, if a player is signed he must play out his contract and even if he is moved to the minors his cap hit will still hit the team

vCash
    I would rather spend the money that Nash would command on Parise. Unless Columbus accepts a deal centered around TT and Boychuk plus pick plus spec(not named Dougie). Otherwise parise provides same production(with potential for more then Nash) at less then or same price as Nash and don't loose a pick and spec.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine Big Dawg View Post
    I would rather spend the money that Nash would command on Parise. Unless Columbus accepts a deal centered around TT and Boychuk plus pick plus spec(not named Dougie). Otherwise parise provides same production(with potential for more then Nash) at less then or same price as Nash and don't loose a pick and spec.
    I don't think Boston is even in his top 5 places to play.

1. New Jersey - current playoff run gives him a big reason to re-sign

2. Detroit - a lot of cap space and he'd play along side a few HOFer's.

3. Pittsburgh - They have about $10 million in space and looking to move Staal (another $4 million). This would allow Parise to play with Crosby

4. Minnesota - Played his prep school hockey there, is from there and has said he'd wouldn't mind playing there.

5. Chicago - They have about $8 million in cap space and with their core locked up Parise could play with Toews or USA teammate Patrick Kane.

I actually found this from an interview w/ Pierre Maguire on WFAN. I think it was about a week ago

Pierre Maguire said on WFAN at the the Penguins, Blackhawks and Red Wings are the most likely destinations for Zach Parise if he leaves the Devils. He would be shocked if Parise goes to the Rangers.
    I'd love to add Parise but I just don't think Boston will offer the contract that he's looking for. I would be shocked if he didn't sign with New Jersey

vCash
    I don't disagree with you OneMan, just saying if I had to choose between trading for Nash or paying Parise the same amount in FA, unless Columbus takes an offer that helps us unload TT then, then I would prefer the B's to make the offer to Parise, do I think he will accept, doubtful but possible. But on the other hand if we can unload TT and Horton doesn't return and is put on LTIR along with Savvy, it puts us in a strong position to make offers to both Suter and Parise, which could swing Parise to Boston. With Big Z being 35 how many more years does he have playing at the level, I think Suter takes a big load if we can land him and opens the option for Parise at the same time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine Big Dawg View Post
    I don't disagree with you OneMan, just saying if I had to choose between trading for Nash or paying Parise the same amount in FA, unless Columbus takes an offer that helps us unload TT then, then I would prefer the B's to make the offer to Parise, do I think he will accept, doubtful but possible. But on the other hand if we can unload TT and Horton doesn't return and is put on LTIR along with Savvy, it puts us in a strong position to make offers to both Suter and Parise, which could swing Parise to Boston. With Big Z being 35 how many more years does he have playing at the level, I think Suter takes a big load if we can land him and opens the option for Parise at the same time.
    I think anyone would rather take a run at Parise over Nash. With Parise you don't have to give up team assets plus cap space.

vCash
    Hey my pro Nash brothers

Notice how Kovalchuck has been doing nothing in the finals, and he is only 6.5 million. I'm scared Nash will have that kind of scoring problem also next playoffs

And because of that contract we can't add anybody to help

vCash
    Haha what a joke, Kovalchuk has 18 points in 19 games for the Devils. He is leading the team in scoring and is a primary reason they are in the Finals. He totally sucks.

He is a perfect example of what you are trying to point out hahaha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    Haha what a joke, Kovalchuk has 18 points in 19 games for the Devils. He is leading the team in scoring and is a primary reason they are in the Finals. He totally sucks.

He is a perfect example of what you are trying to point out hahaha.
    Haha so you just want to get to the dance but you don't want to win it....wow you totally missed the point of me saying in the finals

good job at telling me what he did the past three rounds and completely ignoring him not doing anything in the finals.

I don't believe I ever said he sucked I believe I meant I don't want to rely on one player scoring for us. And if your paying him 7.8 million you will be relying on that one player

When he gets targeted by the others teams defense who do you rely on to score?

Funny how you tell us all off Top and you just posted like a dick

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast