Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Nash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Are they as skilled as Crosby or Parise?

Not completely upto date but

http://blackbluegold.wordpress.com/2...eams-and-size/

We do not play that style, we do not have that type of coach, we physically beat up other teams, we hit the other team into submission.

We are getting too far away from that style. We are not that much taller than the habs and soon we will be smaller than them. We need to get bigger. 5f11 is not 6f3, we have our speed in March Krejci Seg and Pevs we need our physical size or we will get pushed around big time. Pou might be 6f5 but he plays 2f1

Don't think because Knight and Spooner go to dirty places in the CHL they will be able to do the same in the NHL. Much bigger D, they will get burnt out
    just because a guy isnt huge doesnt mean that he cant play big. remember Theo Fleury? a good current example would be Dustin Brown. At 6' 204 he is one of the smaller forwards for the Kings but his hits are memorable and meaningful.

vCash
    also, just to add to that… a great indicator of physicality is net front presence. Knight may not be huge but he has major net front presence. Alex Semin is 6'2 210 but he is a perimiter player. Hockey is about leverage more than height.

vCash
    General One person I agree two people fine, but when the majority of your forwards is under 6 feet and the rest don't play physical, doesn't matter how much heart you have, you will get bounced around by the bigger teams

I want a mix of players, we are going further away from that mix and getting smaller. Might be fun to watch in the season, but when it comes to the playoffs if we rely on those small guys they will get burnt out

I don't want all 6f5 players because we will be too slow, but I do want some bigger guys to support the small guys, and stick up for them. Poulliot is a waste of size, good for our average but he does not play wit his size

vCash
    how about 3 firsts spooner and knight and then call it a day?
    Where are you getting the cap space to take on Nash contract? If you did that trade right now your team looks something like this

Lucic - Krejci - Nash
    Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
    Caron - Peverley - Horton
    Thornton - ??? - ???

Chara - Boychuk
    Ference - Seidenberg
    Hamilton - McQuaid

Thomas
    Rask

This team without a 4th line C or RW is already roughly $500k over the cap. I don't get why people want Nash but only if they don't have to give up anything significant for him.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    20GP / 9G / 13A / 1.1PPG / +20

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Where are you getting the cap space to take on Nash contract? If you did that trade right now your team looks something like this

Lucic - Krejci - Nash
    Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
    Caron - Peverley - Horton
    Thornton - ??? - ???

Chara - Boychuk
    Ference - Seidenberg
    Hamilton - McQuaid

Thomas
    Rask

This team without a 4th line C or RW is already roughly $500k over the cap. I don't get why people want Nash but only if they don't have to give up anything significant for him.
    It was more of a joke

but I don't want to give up a core that has proven itself for an unproven player. You can blame his team all you want but he has been a part of it, will he bring that much of a difference to us?

You could say yes, I can say no; either way your taking a huge risk and it can blow up in our face. I like what I know and want to add to it. You want to change our team and our style. I like having four dangerous lines that punish the other team physically and then score some nice goals

November we had that team, losing Horton changed that. If you want Nash and minus Lucic, that still does not replace Horton and we lose another 3 million dollars to fill in the other lines.

vCash
    It was more of a joke

but I don't want to give up a core that has proven itself for an unproven player. You can blame his team all you want but he has been a part of it, will he bring that much of a difference to us?

You could say yes, I can say no; either way your taking a huge risk and it can blow up in our face. I like what I know and want to add to it. You want to change our team and our style. I like having four dangerous lines that punish the other team physically and then score some nice goals

November we had that team, losing Horton changed that. If you want Nash and minus Lucic, that still does not replace Horton and we lose another 3 million dollars to fill in the other lines.
    Every single move is a risk though B&G! When PC traded away Phil Kessel for 3 draft picks, did he not take a risk? What happened if those 3 picks were all mid round picks? I guess it would have "blown up in his face". I don't want to change the team, I want to add to it. Rick Nash >> Milan Lucic plain and simple, not to mention Lucic is a RFA after next season and will probably want between $5-$6 million.

I understand you want four dangerous lines that punish teams physically and score but that is extremely hard to do. Not to mention the NHL does not favor the physical teams in today's NHL. Look at all the questionable penalties and suspensions the B's received because of that big bad Bruins style.

STOP with this November crap already!! We had a great run in November GREAT!! How did that work out for us in the playoffs when NO ONE on our team could beat a ****ING ROOKIE GOALIE!! You keeping bringing up replacing Horton but that's easier said then done.

You say Nash is unproven (not sure how but ok) and that he's still part of the team, so here's my question. Could Lucic, Krejci, Horton, Marchand, Bergeron or Seguin be able to put up the numbers they did playing for Columbus? I'd say except for Bergeron, HELL NO they couldn't.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg

vCash
    Every single move is a risk though B&G! When PC traded away Phil Kessel for 3 draft picks, did he not take a risk? What happened if those 3 picks were all mid round picks? I guess it would have "blown up in his face". I don't want to change the team, I want to add to it. Rick Nash >> Milan Lucic plain and simple, not to mention Lucic is a RFA after next season and will probably want between $5-$6 million.

I understand you want four dangerous lines that punish teams physically and score but that is extremely hard to do. Not to mention the NHL does not favor the physical teams in today's NHL. Look at all the questionable penalties and suspensions the B's received because of that big bad Bruins style.

STOP with this November crap already!! We had a great run in November GREAT!! How did that work out for us in the playoffs when NO ONE on our team could beat a ****ING ROOKIE GOALIE!! You keeping bringing up replacing Horton but that's easier said then done.

You say Nash is unproven (not sure how but ok) and that he's still part of the team, so here's my question. Could Lucic, Krejci, Horton, Marchand, Bergeron or Seguin be able to put up the numbers they did playing for Columbus? I'd say except for Bergeron, HELL NO they couldn't.
    But you make it sound like this team needs a big move. The full team proves you wrong. If Horton is gone we just need to replace him. Not make major moves.

The Kessel trade worked out for us, not for Toronto....I don't want to be Toronto

Rookie goalies...wasn't Patrick Roy a rookie goalie? Wasn't Ward? You could make the arguement our goalie and defense let us down because we should have won game 5...which would have given us the series. It wasn't the offense and the full offense wasn't even in the playoffs

We are not Columbus I don't want to turn into columbus, thats why I don't want to give up the core for Nash.

NHL doesn't favor stupid penalties like Marchand has taken, Lucic sometimes. But the NHL has no problem with hitting, this is not soccer and if you look at LA they play ruff. Chicago was big and mean when they won the cup. Last year Boston was, NJ is also a big team. So I don't know why you say the NHL doesn't favor physical teams. They no longer want stupid dangerous hits...but as we see the refs put away the whistles in the playoffs they do like the ruff stuff

vCash
    But you make it sound like this team needs a big move. The full team proves you wrong. If Horton is gone we just need to replace him. Not make major moves.

The Kessel trade worked out for us, not for Toronto....I don't want to be Toronto

Rookie goalies...wasn't Patrick Roy a rookie goalie? Wasn't Ward? You could make the arguement our goalie and defense let us down because we should have won game 5...which would have given us the series. It wasn't the offense and the full offense wasn't even in the playoffs

We are not Columbus I don't want to turn into columbus, thats why I don't want to give up the core for Nash.

NHL doesn't favor stupid penalties like Marchand has taken, Lucic sometimes. But the NHL has no problem with hitting, this is not soccer and if you look at LA they play ruff. Chicago was big and mean when they won the cup. Last year Boston was, NJ is also a big team. So I don't know why you say the NHL doesn't favor physical teams. They no longer want stupid dangerous hits...but as we see the refs put away the whistles in the playoffs they do like the ruff stuff
    Again your not giving up "THE CORE" it's one player from that group. Nash replaces Lucic in that core and Nash is an upgrade over Lucic. Ok great so in the hundred of year of the NHL's existence you came up with two times where a rookie goalie carried him team in the playoffs WOW!!!

You completely ignored my entire post about the Kessel trade. Every single move in the NHL is a risk, this is no different.

I'm not sure how we turn into Columbus just by acquiring Rick Nash. The biggest problem with Columbus is they don't have the right pieces around Nash to be successful the Bruins do

I would have to disagree about the defense letting us down considering they only allowed 2.29 goal against per game. The Bruins offense only scored 2.14 goals per game. I would say if anything they both let us down and the numbers indicate that.

I still just don't understand why we have a need for a bonafide 30 goal scorer and some B's fans just want to patch it and hope it works outs. When things don't work out they still want to make minor changes and hope it works out.

New Jersey already had Parise but went out and acquired Kovalchuk. It took a few seasons to get the rest of the pieces but it's worked out well. The Kings went out and acquired Carter and Richards or "the cancer of PHI" and that seems like it's working out OK for them.

BTW our schedule in November wasn't really that difficult

(1) OTT - #16th in the NHL
    (2) TOR - #26th in the NHL
    (2) NYI - #27th in the NHL
    (1) EDM - #29th in the NHL

(2) BUF - #19th in the NHL
    (1) NJD - #9th in the NHL
    (1) CBJ - #30th in the NHL
    (1) MTL - #28th in the NHL

(1) DET - #8th in the NHL
    (1) WPG - #22nd in the NHL

That's 7 games vs. the 5 worst teams in the NHL. The highest ranked team we faced (DET) was the team that we lost to.
    Last edited by OneManIsNoMan; 05-30-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg

vCash
    Again your not giving up "THE CORE" it's one player from that group. Nash replaces Lucic in that core and Nash is an upgrade over Lucic. Ok great so in the hundred of year of the NHL's existence you came up with two times where a rookie goalie carried him team in the playoffs WOW!!!

You completely ignored my entire post about the Kessel trade. Every single move in the NHL is a risk, this is no different.

I'm not sure how we turn into Columbus just by acquiring Rick Nash. The biggest problem with Columbus is they don't have the right pieces around Nash to be successful the Bruins do

I would have to disagree about the defense letting us down considering they only allowed 2.29 goal against per game. The Bruins offense only scored 2.14 goals per game. I would say if anything they both let us down and the numbers indicate that.

I still just don't understand why we have a need for a bonafide 30 goal scorer and some B's fans just want to patch it and hope it works outs. When things don't work out they still want to make minor changes and hope it works out.

New Jersey already had Parise but went out and acquired Kovalchuk. It took a few seasons to get the rest of the pieces but it's worked out well. The Kings went out and acquired Carter and Richards or "the cancer of PHI" and that seems like it's working out OK for them.

BTW our schedule in November wasn't really that difficult

(1) OTT - #16th in the NHL
    (2) TOR - #26th in the NHL
    (2) NYI - #27th in the NHL
    (1) EDM - #29th in the NHL

(2) BUF - #19th in the NHL
    (1) NJD - #9th in the NHL
    (1) CBJ - #30th in the NHL
    (1) MTL - #28th in the NHL

(1) DET - #8th in the NHL
    (1) WPG - #22nd in the NHL

That's 7 games vs. the 5 worst teams in the NHL. The highest ranked team we faced (DET) was the team that we lost to.
    Because we won the Cup a season ago? It's not "hoping," it's knowing we have the pieces to make a run for a good amount of time.

Every trade is a risk and simply put, Rick Nash's potential is not a good enough risk for us to take, especially with that contract. Our system doesn't produce 40 goal scorers. It produces depth scoring.

Since you like numbers oneman:

-Rick Nash has had only 1 70+ point season. [08-09]
    -Rick Nash has had only 1 40 goal season. [08-09]

Last 2 seasons:
    Nash: 62 goals
    Lucic: 56 goals

Nash: 125 points
    Lucic: 123 points

Nash: 33 PP points
    Lucic: 25 PP points

Nash: 40 blocked shots and 195 hits
    Lucic: 48 blocked shots and 368 hits

Enough to make a $3.8 million difference? You tell me. Doesn't look like a bonafide superstar to me.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    General One person I agree two people fine, but when the majority of your forwards is under 6 feet and the rest don't play physical, doesn't matter how much heart you have, you will get bounced around by the bigger teams

I want a mix of players, we are going further away from that mix and getting smaller. Might be fun to watch in the season, but when it comes to the playoffs if we rely on those small guys they will get burnt out

I don't want all 6f5 players because we will be too slow, but I do want some bigger guys to support the small guys, and stick up for them. Poulliot is a waste of size, good for our average but he does not play wit his size
    I agree, a good mix is beneficial. I wouldnt call Pouliot a waste of size though. He does throw is body around a bit but more importantly he makes great use of his reach. I would guess that he is second among forwards in takeways after Bergeron. I would compare him to Chara in that he has a really effective reach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    Because we won the Cup a season ago? It's not "hoping," it's knowing we have the pieces to make a run for a good amount of time.

Every trade is a risk and simply put, Rick Nash's potential is not a good enough risk for us to take, especially with that contract. Our system doesn't produce 40 goal scorers. It produces depth scoring.

Last 2 seasons:

Enough to make a $3.8 million difference? You tell me. Doesn't look like a bonafide superstar to me.
    Why are you basing all your numbers off the last two seasons? I mean I understand that up until last season Lucic wasn't a major offensive contributor but I think that's a small samples size to judge two players. Let me ask you a questions, does Lucic put up those kind of numbers playing for Columbus? I'm going to guess no and I understand that they won it a season ago but here's the problem

1. Tim Thomas played out of his mind, he was above average this post-season and we couldn't get past round #1. BTW quite a few people would like to move TT in the off-season which is a pretty major move.

2. Mark Recchi, while an older player, he knew what it took to get the job done. He also was a great off the ice guy for guys like Bergeron, Seguin & Marchand.

3. David Krejci playing at a .92 PPG throughout the playoffs. This post-season Krejci was only a .43 PPG player.

4. Up until the Stanley Cup finals you had a healthy Nathan Horton. Who knows if this guy will ever be the same after having multiple concussions.

So while the personal is still the same, there are numerous variables that are not the same. Shaiza salary cap aside, does Rick Nash make your team better yes or no?

Lastly Shiaza, I didn't call Rick Nash a bonafide superstar, I call him a bonafide 30 goal scorer. I commend you on trying to put words in my mouth though
    Last edited by OneManIsNoMan; 05-30-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg

vCash

Last 2 seasons:

vCash
    Why are you basing all your numbers off the last two seasons? I mean I understand that up until last season Lucic wasn't a major offensive contributor but I think that's a small samples size to judge two players. Let me ask you a questions, does Lucic put up those kind of numbers playing for Columbus? I'm going to guess no and I understand that they won it a season ago but here's the problem
    First off, 2 seasons are a great sample size when comparing recent productions. I'm not going to compare them career wise as Lucic developed much later. We see what kind of player he is now.

Second, you and I don't know whether if Lucic can put up those numbers in Columbus. He might even do better, or worse. I don't know why you keep bringing that up.

1. Tim Thomas played out of his mind, he was above average this post-season and we couldn't get past round #1. BTW quite a few people would like to move TT in the off-season which is a pretty major move.
    Yeah, except PC debunked those rumors. I'd go by the GM's words more than anything, as PC is usually correct when he says he's not trading someone.

2. Mark Recchi, while an older player, he knew what it took to get the job done. He also was a great off the ice guy for guys like Bergeron, Seguin & Marchand.
    What does this have to do with anything? Most of the team now knows what it takes to win the cup, because uh, they won one.

3. David Krejci playing at a .92 PPG throughout the playoffs. This post-season Krejci was only a .43 PPG player.
    Now this is where I bring up sample size and the incorrect use of it.

You're basing his numbers off of 7 games. Last year, during the Stanley Cup run in which Krejci was praised for his work, he had one point in the first 7 games (against Montreal). It was a lot worse last year. But the rest is history.

So I don't know why you continue to bring irrelevant numbers up.

4. Up until the Stanley Cup finals you had a healthy Nathan Horton. Who knows if this guy will ever be the same after having multiple concussions.
    I've been saying this for a while now, but if Horton is never the same again, we can still replace his production with a player with similar salaries. The other big point is, we still have a formidable top 6, even with Peverley on the 1st line. He was our best playoff performer.

He has two 82-game seasons by the way. I remember you saying he's only had one and tried to make him look injury prone (which he isn't).

So while the personal is still the same, there are numerous variables that are not the same. Shaiza salary cap aside, does Rick Nash make your team better yes or no?
    What kind of question is this? Rick Nash on ANY team will make them a better team. The big cloud over him is the contract and that's why it's not a smart move. Rick Nash isn't worth that much money and those years. I've already stated the facts. His numbers don't lie. He can't be getting paid that much to blame his under-performing on the team. That's weak.

Lastly Shiaza, I didn't call Rick Nash a bonafide superstar, I call him a bonafide 30 goal scorer. I commend you on trying to put words in my mouth though
    That was more of a point toward his contract. $7.8 million until 2018. I don't know how many times I've typed that. You're gonna pay a bonafide 30-goal scorer $7.8 million? I think everyone with eyes can see his contract is horrendous.

It's a dumb move to trade for Nash. Let some other team deal with his contract.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

Yeti FTW

vCash
    First off, 2 seasons are a great sample size when comparing recent productions. I'm not going to compare them career wise as Lucic developed much later. We see what kind of player he is now.
    It also helps your argument seeing that Lucic only had 34 goals and 55 assist in his first 3 seasons combined.

Second, you and I don't know whether if Lucic can put up those numbers in Columbus. He might even do better, or worse. I don't know why you keep bringing that up.
    Come on really? Lucic with lesser talent and being the main target for defense could do better in Columbus? That like saying that Nash coming here could make him a better players. Wait I've tried to say that but apparently Columbus top 6 is just as good as Boston's according to some people.

Yeah, except PC debunked those rumors. I'd go by the GM's words more than anything, as PC is usually correct when he says he's not trading someone.
    If Thomas starts the season on the Bruins then I'll believe PC. GM's play games through the media all the time. If PC says he's not looking to move Thomas teams will potentially offer more for him then if PC was the one trying to move him.

What does this have to do with anything? Most of the team now knows what it takes to win the cup, because uh, they won one.
    Recchi (while not wearing the "C") was the leader of that team. He was a mentor to majority of the forwards and it was a big loss for us

Now this is where I bring up sample size and the incorrect use of it.

You're basing his numbers off of 7 games. Last year, during the Stanley Cup run in which Krejci was praised for his work, he had one point in the first 7 games (against Montreal). It was a lot worse last year. But the rest is history.

So I don't know why you continue to bring irrelevant numbers up.
    But Krejci was supposed to be this amazing playoff performer. I remember when I wanted to trade Krejci and he signed the extension I went off. People kept saying it doesn't matter about regular season, he's a monster in the playoffs. My points is that our key guys stepped up last season, this season they did not in playoffs.

I've been saying this for a while now, but if Horton is never the same again, we can still replace his production with a player with similar salaries. The other big point is, we still have a formidable top 6, even with Peverley on the 1st line. He was our best playoff performer.
    Peverley is not a 1st liner and by having him there you're 3rd line is incredibly weak. Do you have a particular player in mind that could replace Horton at a similar cap hit? or are you just throwing a basic statement out there.

He has two 82-game seasons by the way. I remember you saying he's only had one and tried to make him look injury prone (which he isn't).
    I don't remember calling him injury prone but it is impressive that out of his 8 year career he's played a full 82 game season twice.

What kind of question is this? Rick Nash on ANY team will make them a better team. The big cloud over him is the contract and that's why it's not a smart move. Rick Nash isn't worth that much money and those years. I've already stated the facts. His numbers don't lie. He can't be getting paid that much to blame his under-performing on the team. That's weak.
    But wait a minute, it's possible that Lucic could be a better player in Columbus right? I mean I'm just going based on what you said above. Why is it then that Rick Nash couldn't be a better player in Boston?

Now I'm not disagreeing that his $7.8 million cap hit sucks but everyone is bashing him and making it seem like the guy sucks. All I'm trying to say is that if you can make your team better you explore it. As you said Rick Nash makes the Boston Bruins better so you explore it. If the asking price is to high or you can't figure out a way to put out a quality team with hit cap hit then you walk away, simple enough.

That was more of a point toward his contract. $7.8 million until 2018. I don't know how many times I've typed that. You're gonna pay a bonafide 30-goal scorer $7.8 million? I think everyone with eyes can see his contract is horrendous.

It's a dumb move to trade for Nash. Let some other team deal with his contract.
    Actually for an 82 games season Nash's career average is 35 goals a season. Again I'm not debating that his cap hit isn't very team friendly, in fact I challenge you to go back and find where I said something like that. I've thrown out a few ways you can make his contract work and still put out a top tier NHL club. Unfortunately some people in this forum simply want to put a wall up and harp on his $7.8 million hit. I have also yet to see what is going to happen with the cap, if it goes up to (highest I've seen) $67 million then Nash's cap hit it's really as bad is it?

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg

vCash
    It also helps your argument seeing that Lucic only had 34 goals and 55 assist in his first 3 seasons combined.
    Not really. Every knowledgeable poster can see that Lucic was an original 4th liner developing into a power forward. Not fair to compare his beginning numbers at all.

Come on really? Lucic with lesser talent and being the main target for defense could do better in Columbus? That like saying that Nash coming here could make him a better players. Wait I've tried to say that but apparently Columbus top 6 is just as good as Boston's according to some people.
    Lucic is a completely different player from Nash, despite what you think. Hockey is all about chemistry. You and I really both don't know what could happen. So yeah, really.

If Thomas starts the season on the Bruins then I'll believe PC. GM's play games through the media all the time. If PC says he's not looking to move Thomas teams will potentially offer more for him then if PC was the one trying to move him.
    Oh sure, but I want you to name an instance in which PC said he won't trade a player and he did. I don't recall any.

Recchi (while not wearing the "C") was the leader of that team. He was a mentor to majority of the forwards and it was a big loss for us
    The ultimate achievement was accomplished by winning the cup. The players now know what it takes. If we need a veteran to tell them how to play during the playoffs now, the team isn't as good as we all think.

But Krejci was supposed to be this amazing playoff performer. I remember when I wanted to trade Krejci and he signed the extension I went off. People kept saying it doesn't matter about regular season, he's a monster in the playoffs. My points is that our key guys stepped up last season, this season they did not in playoffs.
    You suggested we trade Krejci and then some away for Bobby Ryan right? Some people referenced his monster playoffs but many pointed at the fact that we don't need Ryan and don't need to make such a major move sacrificing prospects.

A simple search brought up good memories.

Peverley is not a 1st liner and by having him there you're 3rd line is incredibly weak. Do you have a particular player in mind that could replace Horton at a similar cap hit? or are you just throwing a basic statement out there.

I don't remember calling him injury prone but it is impressive that out of his 8 year career he's played a full 82 game season twice.
    Do some simple research. Horton's cap hit is around 4 million. There are plenty of players that can hit 25 goals that we can acquire/sign at 4 million.

And please, get the facts straight. Peverley made his debut in the 06-07 season. That would make it 6 years. He was a rookie trying to break the roster in Nashville (eventually inserted in the lineup sparingly) and thrived when got the playing time in Atlanta. Not really injury prone. Geez, speaking of basic statements...

But wait a minute, it's possible that Lucic could be a better player in Columbus right? I mean I'm just going based on what you said above. Why is it then that Rick Nash couldn't be a better player in Boston?
    Why do you ignore everything I've said in the past about Nash?

The potential for him to become a "great" player here in Boston is not good enough for us to take the risk of taking on that contract, especially when we'd have to move a piece like Lucic.

Now I'm not disagreeing that his $7.8 million cap hit sucks but everyone is bashing him and making it seem like the guy sucks. All I'm trying to say is that if you can make your team better you explore it. As you said Rick Nash makes the Boston Bruins better so you explore it. If the asking price is to high or you can't figure out a way to put out a quality team with hit cap hit then you walk away, simple enough.
    Yeah, they're going to explore it. Ultimately they will probably realize that it's not worth it unless we are grabbing a steal of a deal.

Actually for an 82 games season Nash's career average is 35 goals a season. Again I'm not debating that his cap hit isn't very team friendly, in fact I challenge you to go back and find where I said something like that. I've thrown out a few ways you can make his contract work and still put out a top tier NHL club. Unfortunately some people in this forum simply want to put a wall up and harp on his $7.8 million hit. I have also yet to see what is going to happen with the cap, if it goes up to (highest I've seen) $67 million then Nash's cap hit it's really as bad is it?
    First off, the uncertainty of the cap is a huge reason why Nash's contract could potentially hurt a team big time. It's not the issue of how much it's going up. It's about is it going UP or DOWN? That's huge.

We have a great depth of players, probably more than other teams. We also have a lot of young players that will require a raise in the future. Money adds up. We aren't like other teams.

Now I need you to answer a previous question. Is it enough to make a $3.8 million difference? The answer is probably a no.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

Yeti FTW

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast