Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Nash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Hi Neely

With your line up One we have no 3rd 4th line scoring.
    But you just said previously that Peverley is a 20 goal scorer, Pouliot is good for 15+ goals and we don't know who the 3rd line RW is right now. So just between Pevs & Pouliot that's 35 goals right? So simple math would be you could expect a goal from the 3rd line (not include a RW) every 2-3 games. The fourth line is not a scoring line, it's a scrappy defensive energy line.

I mean for argument sake let say Knight is your 3rd line RW (or center). I could see him putting up 10g minimum. Now you're at 45 goals for your third line. Math again figures this line should contribute a goal ever 2 games on average. What more do you want for scoring from this line? Do want them to have 82 goals between them and put up a goal a night?

I know your smart one man, when I speak of the team; I speak of our stars, we still have those. We just never replaced Ryders scoring, we tried with Pou didn't work

We never replaced rexs leadership

TT played a lot more than he should of

Oh and McQ was never replace

Oh and Horton was never replaced

Kaberle was replaced by Corvo.....

Pevs and Kelly never played with each other

But all that doesn't matter, Nash will solve all
    I'm not really sure what you're trying to argue but I agree with just about all of this.

Like I don't understand we held pat after losing to Philly, we won it the next year. We had the best November ever, we got killed with injuries after. How do you people figure this team needs major changes. We need health and depth so if/when injuries happen we could get players to step in and replace guys.
    No major changes? Do you know the players we acquired between that epic collapse and winning the cup? Here's a list of players that were on the Stanley Cup team that were NOT on the team when the collapse happened

Nathan Horton, Gregory Campbell, Rich Peverley, Chris Kelly, Brad Marchand, Tyler Seguin & Adam McQuaid (only 19GP in '09-'10)

Caron can become a top line winger
    Sauve can become a very good 3rd liner
    Spooner and knight can be the depth we need incase of injuries
    Caron can be a top line winger? Most NHL scouts and experts have him at best as a 2nd line winger. I think a 2nd line winger is a stretch, what do you know about him that we dont?

Sauve I agree, I view him more as a 4th liner but at his peak could be a quality 3rd liner.

I would probably take Spooner & Knight over Caron and Sauve right now. I think Knight will have a bigger impact that any of the four guy mentioned next season.

Horton will come back healthy
    I remember when Savy was going to come back healthy and that never really happened. As I've said previously concussions are a whole different beast. I think for the B's they need to plan as if Horton will be out for the season. If he returns its just added bonus.

Or Nash can get 40 goals in the season and then get shut out in the playoffs. All you have to do is play defense against our top two lines the rest will not be a danger.
    How do you know Nash is going to get shut out in the playoffs? If you're still basing this off your Joe Thornton argument is a terrible one. I also don't know how you think were only two lines deep. Read what I wrote above about a line of Pouliot-Knight-Peverley contributing a goal every 2-3 games.

Getting nash turns us into every other team that has not won the cup. One two line wonder
    See argument above^

And Nashville got out defensed by Yotes, Yotes got beat by LA's 4 lines. hard to defend against 4 lines always attacking

Rangers had 4d they played all playoffs, and their stars DID NOTHING that's why they never won 4 straight games. Oh but wait your telling me there are 20 other players on the team that make a difference?
    So putting all your hopes on a better offense in one player seems a bit crazy no?
    You need a great team to win and if we could spread the money around to get great third line 4th line players we will score more in the playoffs. One guy can only play 15 minutes a game and will be targeted by the other team, a great team will play 60+ and target the opponents strengths
    The NY Rangers stars did nothing? are you serious right now? B&G you know you're my boy (were the bash brothers) but the stats don't back up your argument. I honestly feel like you're just throwing stuff out there and hoping the facts back it up.

Brad Richards - 6 Goals / 9 Assist
    Dan Girardi - 3 Goals / 9 Assist
    Marian Gaborik - 5 Goals / 6 Assist
    Ryan Callahan - 6 Goals / 4 Assist

One guy can only play 15 minutes a game? Outside of the 3rd and 4th line, every single Bruins forward played 16+ minutes a night in the playoffs. I agree about attacking a teams strength but how do you attack a line of Nash-Krejci-Seguin? who do you focus on? each player can beat you 1v1. I'm sure the team rolls out their top d-pair, ok.

How do you attack the Marchand-Bergeron-Horton line? If Horton is healthy that line is maybe top 3 in the NHL for #2 lines.

I still think a line of Pouliot-Knight-Peverley would be extremely dangerous. The speed of that line would skate circles around a teams 3rd pairing.

The fourth line is an engergy line.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    22GP / 10G / 13A / 1.04PPG / +19

vCash
    Nash is overrated. seguin, lucic, krecji, rask, or some of our top prospects along with a 7 million dollar salary for a guy who hasnt scored 70 points since 08 and only scored 59 last year? no thanks.

vCash
    I'll admit Nash would be huge if you admit there are other cheaper ways to fixing our scoring problem

The cheaper devil stars out played the more expensive ranger stars....yes I will admit that. And we do have those caliber players there names are Bergeron Marchand Krejci Horton and Seguin

Lucic who should be there is a ****ing *****, but I want to keep him for this year because his contract is up and he will play like an animal for his new one

Bergs was injured

Marchand is only good when he can have bigger lines push the other team around, so he then couldget under their skin. We had no grit that's why Marchand didn't play like himself

Horton.

Seguin realized in only game 6 and 7 what it takes to win, also CJ never played Luc Kre and Seg together which was a huge mistake on his part

I think we have our stars we just need to add some pieces on the third line and a defender (I really don't want suter but if you have to spend money I would rather him over Nash) but that's it
    Just three things.

First - Sauve IMO will not make the Bruins. He hasn't impressed in the AHL, can't stay healthy.

Horton is a question mark at best right now.

Caron is not a top six fwd ON THIS TEAM.
    Last edited by NeelyforPres; 05-28-2012 at 08:45 PM.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Hi Neely

With your line up One we have no 3rd 4th line scoring.

I know your smart one man, when I speak of the team; I speak of our stars, we still have those. We just never replaced Ryders scoring, we tried with Pou didn't work

We never replaced rexs leadership

TT played a lot more than he should of

Oh and McQ was never replace

Oh and Horton was never replaced

Kaberle was replaced by Corvo.....

Pevs and Kelly never played with each other

But all that doesn't matter, Nash will solve all

Like I don't understand we held pat after losing to Philly, we won it the next year. We had the best November ever, we got killed with injuries after. How do you people figure this team needs major changes. We need health and depth so if/when injuries happen we could get players to step in and replace guys.

Caron can become a top line winger
    Sauve can become a very good 3rd liner
    Spooner and knight can be the depth we need incase of injuries

Horton will come back healthy

Or Nash can get 40 goals in the season and then get shut out in the playoffs. All you have to do is play defense against our top two lines the rest will not be a danger.

Getting nash turns us into every other team that has not won the cup. One two line wonder

And Nashville got out defensed by Yotes, Yotes got beat by LA's 4 lines. hard to defend against 4 lines always attacking

Rangers had 4d they played all playoffs, and their stars DID NOTHING that's why they never won 4 straight games. Oh but wait your telling me there are 20 other players on the team that make a difference?
    So putting all your hopes on a better offense in one player seems a bit crazy no?
    You need a great team to win and if we could spread the money around to get great third line 4th line players we will score more in the playoffs. One guy can only play 15 minutes a game and will be targeted by the other team, a great team will play 60+ and target the opponents strengths
    this depth argument is pointless i think. the bruins are already lauded for their amazing depth. they attack with 4 lines currently. so you want even more depth? why? why not take the **** load of cap room the bruins have and add more quality players to the mix? im not down for trading for nash unless it only involves prospects that are not named dougie hamiliton or rask. but i would absolutely go out and sign a parise or a semin

Atlantic City Redraft Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind moving Lucic, I also wouldn't mind keeping him. For those of you using the "fan favorite" argument give it a rest, this is a business and I think the team is prominent enough to where Lucic isn't the primary draw like he was three or four seasons ago.

Let's be realistic about Lucic for one second if we can.
    1) He has scored 30 goals one time and while that is an impressive feat, I wouldn't call him a natural 30 goal guy.

2) Over the last two playoff runs he has been a non factor in many of the games. Sure we won a cup but would anyone here really say that he was a big reason we did? I honestly felt he was the most disappointing part of the Bruins cup run and he continued that trend this year.

3) He is a hell of a fighter but that is a part of the game that I believe to be waning as the league grows, it isn't non-existent but its impact is lesser than it was in years prior

4) His physicality was so impressive when and before he signed his big contract. Since that signing he has regressed in the physical department and to me, does not have the same impact he used to.

5) He has a temper and is easy to goad into bad penalties. This hurts the Bruins more often then people realize.

I have honestly felt that Lucic was over paid since he signed the deal. I know it isn't a ton of money, but the Bruins could easily move Lucic for Nash and the Cap difference would be covered by Savard's LTIR. Nash is obviously overpaid but he is a consistent 30 goal guy which I don't think Lucic is, he is also a powerplay force which the Bruins desperately (desperately doesn't even begin to cover it) need, and is a big bodied physical presence like Lucic. Nash to me is an obvious upgrade over Lucic despite the Salary. Lucic isn't nearly physical enough anymore nor defensive enough to call Nash inferior in those categories either.

Also this "how will we sign the others guys" argument is iffy too. How much do you honestly expect Seguin to make on his new deal? He makes $3.5 now, they will probably clock his new deal in at $5.0 because he is young and they will likely give him security. Seguin, as good as he is, does not deserve to make more than that and will not come contract time. Unless he blows everyone away and scores 100 points, he isn't getting a dime over five million. Marchand isn't going to get a big pay day either. He makes $2.5 now. I expect him to be given a raise of $3.5. While he scores goals he can be quite the handicap with his style of play and hurts the team a plenty with bad penalties.

If the Bruins got Nash there is no GM in the NHL I would have more faith in than Peter Chiarelli at figuring it all out. Nash is a damn good player and aside from his salary, there really is no good argument against him.
    i completely agree with all of this, except I think Marchand may prove to be more than a 3.5 mil guy but that wont change much. I'm tired of Lucic's lethargic play. He is not the same physical presence that he once was. I would love to keep him too because he is young and could easily turn it around but if the rest of the package didnt involve big pieces I would pull the trigger on this. It should also be noted that they both play LW so it wouldnt jumble the lines terribly.

vCash
    Talking about our prospects....why does everyone have a hard on for Knight?
    I dont get it.

None of our prospects will be playing for the B's next yr. IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forty6and2 View Post
    Talking about our prospects....why does everyone have a hard on for Knight?
    I dont get it.

None of our prospects will be playing for the B's next yr. IMO
    The kid is a hard nose players, likes to get in the dirty areas and gives 110% every shift during a game. He has an excellent release and plays with a team first mentality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUyxPRa4Vt0

^ If he and Spooner are around to start camp, one will be playing with the Bruins this year. In their draft year they were two of the last guys to be sent back to the OHL.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg

vCash
    Really impressed with how much he goes to the net. Wouldnt mind seeing seguin n knight on a line together but doubt cj would do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    The kid is a hard nose players, likes to get in the dirty areas and gives 110% every shift during a game. He has an excellent release and plays with a team first mentality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUyxPRa4Vt0

^ If he and Spooner are around to start camp, one will be playing with the Bruins this year. In their draft year they were two of the last guys to be sent back to the OHL.
    We are becoming more and more like the habs

dont get me wrong like his work ethic but we are becoming to small upfront

vCash
    We are becoming more and more like the habs

dont get me wrong like his work ethic but we are becoming to small upfront
    The kids nearly 6'0! He's listed at 5'11 / 195lb. That Sidney Crosy, Zach Parise size.

Spooner is 5'10 - 180lb.
    Koko is 5'10 - 188lb.

I think if you look at most teams in today NHL the average player is between 5'10 and 6'1.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg

vCash
    The kids nearly 6'0! He's listed at 5'11 / 195lb. That Sidney Crosy, Zach Parise size.

Spooner is 5'10 - 180lb.
    Koko is 5'10 - 188lb.

I think if you look at most teams in today NHL the average player is between 5'10 and 6'1.
    Are they as skilled as Crosby or Parise?

Not completely upto date but

http://blackbluegold.wordpress.com/2...eams-and-size/

We do not play that style, we do not have that type of coach, we physically beat up other teams, we hit the other team into submission.

We are getting too far away from that style. We are not that much taller than the habs and soon we will be smaller than them. We need to get bigger. 5f11 is not 6f3, we have our speed in March Krejci Seg and Pevs we need our physical size or we will get pushed around big time. Pou might be 6f5 but he plays 2f1

Don't think because Knight and Spooner go to dirty places in the CHL they will be able to do the same in the NHL. Much bigger D, they will get burnt out

vCash
    Are they as skilled as Crosby or Parise?

Not completely upto date but

http://blackbluegold.wordpress.com/2...eams-and-size/

We do not play that style, we do not have that type of coach, we physically beat up other teams, we hit the other team into submission.

We are getting too far away from that style. We are not that much taller than the habs and soon we will be smaller than them. We need to get bigger. 5f11 is not 6f3, we have our speed in March Krejci Seg and Pevs we need our physical size or we will get pushed around big time. Pou might be 6f5 but he plays 2f1

Don't think because Knight and Spooner go to dirty places in the CHL they will be able to do the same in the NHL. Much bigger D, they will get burnt out
    Guess we could always get Nash (6'4/220)

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg

vCash
    Guess we could always get Nash (6'4/220)
    At least you come back to the topic

Two things IF (i know you love that word) the cap wouldn't drop to 62 million and if we could keep Lucic and Caron I would do that trade in a heart beat

Giving up both makes us a much smaller team and I don't want to use Nash like Ovi. His job is to scorer we need other guys to help crash the boards

Don't get me wrong at 6f4 please do hit but I would rather Lucic and Caron hit

vCash
    At least you come back to the topic

Two things IF (i know you love that word) the cap wouldn't drop to 62 million and if we could keep Lucic and Caron I would do that trade in a heart beat

Giving up both makes us a much smaller team and I don't want to use Nash like Ovi. His job is to scorer we need other guys to help crash the boards

Don't get me wrong at 6f4 please do hit but I would rather Lucic and Caron hit
    I'll give you Caron or Lucic but IF we traded for Nash there is no way we keep both.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg

vCash
    I'll give you Caron or Lucic but IF we traded for Nash there is no way we keep both.
    how about 3 firsts spooner and knight and then call it a day?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast