Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Nash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres View Post
    This ^^^.

Also itd be Krejci going to Columbus not Lucic IMO simply because of Seguin and also Lucic is more "Bruin" than Krejci.

I say again

Krejci, Spooner, Khudobin 1st rounder throw in Caron and Hamil too. Who can offer them a better deal?

It's either play it safe or take a shot. I'd rather take a shot than play it safe. It's not even the biggest risk.
    I don't understand how anybody thinks that can get it done?

Krejci fine but like most of you have been saying since the playoffs and all year, he hasn't been great this year so his stock is down

Spooner prospect and not a high one

Khudobin? a back up? they need a goalie they will want Rask.

High 1st rounder in a **** draft....

Caron everybody like to put him down so whats his worth?

You want a superstar it will cost a future superstar unless CBJ is ****ing ********. But I think they got screwed enough that the GM won't just give him away.

vCash
    example NY trades

CBJ gets 1 of Del Zotto or McDonagh, a 1st, & prospect (Tim Erixon)

or

Brandon Dubinsky, Ryan McDonagh/Michael Del Zotto, a top prospect like Chris Kreider and a first-round pick

That's the asking price from the rangers. They will want youth and very good youth which we don't really have. Everything thats great on this team is on the roster or will be next year, we have nothing else a team could build around. And you don't rebuild your future team around Krejci, he isn't that young or good

But hey CBJ please prove me wrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post

Krejci fine but like most of you have been saying since the playoffs and all year, he hasn't been great this year so his stock is down

You want a superstar it will cost a future superstar unless CBJ is ****ing ********. But I think they got screwed enough that the GM won't just give him away.
    He's asked to be traded, and his salary/NMC make him difficult to deal. Nobody is giving a potential franchise goalie for Nash.

Now spooner is not a high prospect? Since when? He's our #2/3 prospect that's pretty high.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    example NY trades

CBJ gets 1 of Del Zotto or McDonagh, a 1st, & prospect (Tim Erixon)

or

Brandon Dubinsky, Ryan McDonagh/Michael Del Zotto, a top prospect like Chris Kreider and a first-round pick

That's the asking price from the rangers. They will want youth and very good youth which we don't really have. Everything thats great on this team is on the roster or will be next year, we have nothing else a team could build around. And you don't rebuild your future team around Krejci, he isn't that young or good

But hey CBJ please prove me wrong
    And NY said no.

Why all of a sudden do we not have good prospects?

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    It's been widely reported that CBJ was asking for either Lucic or Seguin + Hamilton. We're not touching that. We shouldn't even start talking to them unless they bring their price down.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    hockeysfuture

16Boston Bruins

Strengths: Doug Hamilton projects to be good as almost any other defenseman not in the NHL. At forward, the Bruins have a nice collection of talented youngsters still playing Juniors, headlined by Alexander Khoklachev and Jared Knight. They also have a nice group of more mature forwards playing in the AHL, including Zach Hamill and Jordan Caron.

Weaknesses: The forward pool lacks a game-breaking talent. A bigger issue to the Bruins, their defense pool does not have much behind Doug Hamilton. They have nothing in the way of a potential NHL goaltender.

Top 5 prospects: 1. Doug Hamilton, D, 2. Jordan Caron, RW, 3. Jared Knight, RW, 4. Ryan Spooner, LW, 5. Alexander Khokhlachev, C.

Our best young players are already playing on the team

Not saying spooner won't be good, I'm just saying he isn't something that would tip the scales in our favor.

He might turn out to be a Bergeron but like Bergs he has to mature, we have no guarantees besides Hamilton

They said no in Feb, they didn't win the cup this year, will that change now?

Zotto was not on Torts good books in the end....Gabroik also (But he has a NTC)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    It's been widely reported that CBJ was asking for either Lucic or Seguin + Hamilton. We're not touching that. We shouldn't even start talking to them unless they bring their price down.
    That makes more sense

But why would they drop the price, look what SJ gave for Heatley and then look what Minni gave for him

CBJ will not just give him up, no matter what even if Nash is not happy he has to play for them next year.

vCash
    I honestly wouldn't mind moving Lucic, I also wouldn't mind keeping him. For those of you using the "fan favorite" argument give it a rest, this is a business and I think the team is prominent enough to where Lucic isn't the primary draw like he was three or four seasons ago.

Let's be realistic about Lucic for one second if we can.
    1) He has scored 30 goals one time and while that is an impressive feat, I wouldn't call him a natural 30 goal guy.

2) Over the last two playoff runs he has been a non factor in many of the games. Sure we won a cup but would anyone here really say that he was a big reason we did? I honestly felt he was the most disappointing part of the Bruins cup run and he continued that trend this year.

3) He is a hell of a fighter but that is a part of the game that I believe to be waning as the league grows, it isn't non-existent but its impact is lesser than it was in years prior

4) His physicality was so impressive when and before he signed his big contract. Since that signing he has regressed in the physical department and to me, does not have the same impact he used to.

5) He has a temper and is easy to goad into bad penalties. This hurts the Bruins more often then people realize.

I have honestly felt that Lucic was over paid since he signed the deal. I know it isn't a ton of money, but the Bruins could easily move Lucic for Nash and the Cap difference would be covered by Savard's LTIR. Nash is obviously overpaid but he is a consistent 30 goal guy which I don't think Lucic is, he is also a powerplay force which the Bruins desperately (desperately doesn't even begin to cover it) need, and is a big bodied physical presence like Lucic. Nash to me is an obvious upgrade over Lucic despite the Salary. Lucic isn't nearly physical enough anymore nor defensive enough to call Nash inferior in those categories either.

Also this "how will we sign the others guys" argument is iffy too. How much do you honestly expect Seguin to make on his new deal? He makes $3.5 now, they will probably clock his new deal in at $5.0 because he is young and they will likely give him security. Seguin, as good as he is, does not deserve to make more than that and will not come contract time. Unless he blows everyone away and scores 100 points, he isn't getting a dime over five million. Marchand isn't going to get a big pay day either. He makes $2.5 now. I expect him to be given a raise of $3.5. While he scores goals he can be quite the handicap with his style of play and hurts the team a plenty with bad penalties.

If the Bruins got Nash there is no GM in the NHL I would have more faith in than Peter Chiarelli at figuring it all out. Nash is a damn good player and aside from his salary, there really is no good argument against him.
    Last edited by The Top Shelfer; 05-26-2012 at 11:26 PM.

vCash

He struggled as much as the next Bruin did, does that mean all their stocks are down?

Spooner is actually a better prosepct then you think. He was actually projected to go in the mid-first round until breaking his collarbone in January '10. He was actually regarded as one of the more creative players in the draft had has great 1v1 skills. A lot of scouts had him as a future top-6 forward and compared his skill set to St. Louis

Khudobin makes no sense, I really think that Thomas is out this summer and Khuby is going to be Rask back-up.

This draft lacks those top line players but it surely has a lot of depth to it. Don't forget they could package that pick and upgrade somewhere else

Actually I think I'm the only one who puts him down. A lot of scouts say he has top 6 potential (I don't see it) and in a new system where he gets a chance to play he maybe a top 6 guy.

You want a superstar it will cost a future superstar unless CBJ is ****ing ********. But I think they got screwed enough that the GM won't just give him away.[/QUOTE]

Will it really cost you a future superstar? I mean if TOR didn't suck so much would we have gotten a future superstar for Kessel? I don't think so. For a team that is rebuilding you want young assets with #1/#2 line/pairing potential that can grow in your system and that you can build around.

Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind moving Lucic, I also wouldn't mind keeping him. For those of you using the "fan favorite" argument give it a rest, this is a business and I think the team is prominent enough to where Lucic isn't the primary draw like he was three or four seasons ago.

1) He has scored 30 goals one time and while that is an impressive feat, I wouldn't call him a natural 30 goal guy.

2) Over the last two playoff runs he has been a non factor in many of the games. Sure we won a cup but would anyone here really say that he was a big reason we did? I honestly felt he was the most disappointing part of the Bruins cup run and he continued that trend this year.

3) He is a hell of a fighter but that is a part of the game that I believe to be waning as the league grows, it isn't non-existent but its impact is lesser than it was in years prior

4) His physicality was so impressive when and before he signed his big contract. Since that signing he has regressed in the physical department and to me, does not have the same impact he used to.

5) He has a temper and is easy to goad into bad penalties. This hurts the Bruins more often then people realize.

I have honestly felt that Lucic was over paid since he signed the deal. I know it isn't a ton of money, but the Bruins could easily move Lucic for Nash and the Cap difference would be covered by Savard's LTIR. Nash is obviously overpaid but he is a consistent 30 goal guy which I don't think Lucic is, he is also a powerplay force which the Bruins desperately (desperately doesn't even begin to cover it) need, and is a big bodied physical presence like Lucic. Nash to me is an obvious upgrade over Lucic despite the Salary. Lucic isn't nearly physical enough anymore nor defensive enough to call Nash inferior in those categories either.

Also this "how will we sign the others guys" argument is iffy too. How much do you honestly expect Seguin to make on his new deal? He makes $3.5 now, they will probably clock his new deal in at $5.0 because he is young and they will likely give him security. Seguin, as good as he is, does not deserve to make more than that and will not come contract time. Unless he blows everyone away and scores 100 points, he isn't getting a dime over five million. Marchand isn't going to get a big pay day either. He makes $2.5 now. I expect him to be given a raise of $3.5. While he scores goals he can be quite the handicap with his style of play and hurts the team a plenty with bad penalties.

If the Bruins got Nash there is no GM in the NHL I would have more faith in than Peter Chiarelli at figuring it all out. Nash is a damn good player and aside from his salary, there really is no good argument against him.
    Welcome to the dark side

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    31GP / 13G / 18A / 1.00PPG / +24

vCash
    Haha Nash is a great player and while I wouldn't be against moving Lucic, I do not see him as a Bruin. The only thing that bothers me is how Salary is the only argument against him. At the very least come up with a new argument instead of beating that to death. I highly doubt Chiarelli makes a deal that humongous big (see what I did there) anyways but can we at the very least be more objective?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shaiza90 View Post
    When has a team ever gotten what they were "reportedly asking for"?

vCash

I've never thought Lucic was a top line LW, I'd keep him and put him on Bergerons line with Marchand - they can fight to see who plays off wing haha.

Bottom line guys if the rumor is true and they are making an offer, clearly the Bruins aren't worried about his humangus big contract (see what I did there Shelfer?).

vCash
    "What is also clear, if it wasn't already, is that the organization is moving on with the idea that Rick Nash is not going to be with the team. As reported in the Dispatch, R.J. Umberger stated that Richards had created a “network of sorts by which the team’s leadership group — Umberger, Prospal and defensemen James Wisniewski and Jack Johnson — will stay in touch all offseason.” No mention of Nash being part of that group is not an accident. "

- Blue Jackets Hockeybuzz blogger

This is also why the Jackets cant demand a kings ransom.

vCash
    Haha Nash is a great player and while I wouldn't be against moving Lucic, I do not see him as a Bruin. The only thing that bothers me is how Salary is the only argument against him. At the very least come up with a new argument instead of beating that to death. I highly doubt Chiarelli makes a deal that humongous big (see what I did there) anyways but can we at the very least be more objective?
    Really top the salary cap is a non issue, K

Can some besides one come up with a different reason besides 30 goals? Kessel scored that in a season still didnt help us win a cup. When did scoring 30 goals in a season guaranty a great playoff performance?

how many years did Joe T get 100 points in the season and then nothing in the playoffs?

I want guys with smaller contracts so we don't have all our eggs in one basket....rather have a different hero every night then one guy that defenses will shut down in the playoffs

That's why the cap matters so much. With his cap hit you can have two peverlys, and if you add that up it's about 40 goals, plus they play pk, take draws and when your in the lead you want to play them

Nash at 7.8 mill you don't really want him to block shots because if he gets hurt you have a 7.8 million dollar hole, and at the same time if you get him you cant get those types of players to help you.

So the argument really comes down to do you want 1 player at 7.8 or two?

vCash
    I wouldn't do it unless what CBJ brings down what they want in return. What they asked for Nash back at the deadline(which would probably remain the same now) they were trying to make up for all of the **** ups they've made in recent years.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast