Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Rick Nash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I'm not trying to put words in your mouth but typically you only bring something up if the difference is substantial. A difference of two points over a season is not substantial. I agree that Lucic+ for Nash doesn't make any sense
    Yeah, I only quoted the points because, with each player's current production levels, it would make more sense to trade them one-for-one as opposed to Lucic+Hamilton+a prospect+a pick or whatever Howson is demanding. Nash having not even capped the 60 point mark doesn't do much in convincing GM's that he is worth what they'd have to give in return.

With those kind of demands, maybe Nash should just hang out with Thomas for the season, because I don't think any teams are gonna bite on that. Pipe dreams, Howson.

vCash
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...4668--nhl.html

"I have a value that I've placed on Rick and that our whole organization has placed on Rick. He's an elite player. He's been a tremendous ambassador for our franchise and our city. We're very comfortable with the value we've placed on him; and until we get that value, we're going to keep working away at it."

"If we do complete a trade, we're trading out a 30 to 40 goal scorer. Defense is probably the strongest part of our team if we look at it today. So we're looking to get some NHL forwards back first and foremost."

Some???? Meaning more than one...the guy got 30 goals!!! He needs to double that just to be worth it to trade for him..since he is replacing at least two current NHL's

Remember the heatley trade to SJ from Ott.. the best player in that trade was Milan Michalek he has scored more than Heatley and I don't want that happening to us

vCash
    basically confirmation that nash isnt coming to boston per lolek

For the first time since Rick Nash 1 back in February I am hearing the price for Nash may be coming down ever so slightly.

source: "It's not enough, but at least one GM called it 'a hint of a step in the new direction'."

Alright, granted, that's not much...but having heard similar things from three other sources this morning I feel this may be the first real Nash news in a while. Also I am hearing the Bruins may have stepped up their attempt at Nash, and could be including Tim Thomas' rights in the deal which may be a piece that helps them. The Jackets will need to get to the floor and Thomas is a $5M cap hit, but you only need to pay him $3M...if he plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtswhenipee View Post
    basically confirmation that nash isnt coming to boston per lolek

For the first time since Rick Nash 1 back in February I am hearing the price for Nash may be coming down ever so slightly.

source: "It's not enough, but at least one GM called it 'a hint of a step in the new direction'."

Alright, granted, that's not much...but having heard similar things from three other sources this morning I feel this may be the first real Nash news in a while. Also I am hearing the Bruins may have stepped up their attempt at Nash, and could be including Tim Thomas' rights in the deal which may be a piece that helps them. The Jackets will need to get to the floor and Thomas is a $5M cap hit, but you only need to pay him $3M...if he plays.
    Cap floor 54.2

right now

Columbus Blue Jackets $57,167,142 cap hit

so trading Nash's 7.8 brings them to 49 million cap not counting what they bring back

It would be nice of them to take TT, the only way they will is if its because we give them exactly what they want and the numbers don't work

PS we are at the cap, the cap will drop so it might take more than just trading TT to get us under the cap after.

vCash
    I never really liked Nash's cap hit.

The Rangers didnt give up a whole lot though.

But in the end I'm still glad that they owe him 7.8 mil per year over the next 6 seasons and not us.

We won a cup with our core. No need to blow it up when we have guys to re-sign after next season. And with the CBA being negotiated, taking on 7.8 million might be a bad move.
    Bruins, Chargers, Blue Jays, Raptors

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617