Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Rick Nash

vCash
    honestly just no to nash. unless its for lucic and caron i dont do it at all. its already pretty much a lateral move doing this deal. you dont break up a championship core, you add to it.

Atlantic City Redraft Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    We lose our first line, so that won't make us better.

With Horton being a question mark we still have other holes to fill and we are giving those up for a guy that we hope will score 60 in a defensive system

Think about it Lucic scores 30 Krejci 20 not even counting assits.

Lucic could take a discount to stay long term
    So possibly something like...

TO BOSTON:
    Rick Nash
    Jared Knight or Ryan Spooner or Jordan Caron
    1st Round Draft Pick

... CBJ will most likely continue to request either Tyle Seguin or Dougie Hamilton because they want a young impact type player with the potential to be a star, every time there's a report it seems like each team must give up there budding star. Columbus also wants a current roster player... Does anyone know if they're looking for a young potential star and roster player or can the young star be a current roster player? From the sounds of it, I think it's the first scenario but I'm not entirely sure.
    TO COLUMBUS:
    Milan Lucic

vCash
    What makes Nash, taking salary and age into account, a more valuable player than Lucic ?

vCash
    you mean other then skill and speed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    yes weight that against his cap hit, years and what we would lose in the trade

is it worth the risk of not working out?

vCash
    Lucic literally is almost as good if not just as good as Nash in all likelihood and people continue to want to trade him for Nash. Lucic is better defensively, a million times more physical, and is our 2nd best forward after Seguin.. It's a lateral move at best for this team

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Whats skill if you don't produce ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Lucic literally is almost as good if not just as good as Nash in all likelihood and people continue to want to trade him for Nash. Lucic is better defensively, a million times more physical, and is our 2nd best forward after Seguin.. It's a lateral move at best for this team
    Although Lucic Posted point totals last year that were very comparable to that of the Bruins Cup year, I'd argue that Lucic wasnt as physical in a positive way for the team last year as in the year prior. He had plenty of games where his physical mindset was absent, and his role on the Bruins was equally as absent.

Another argument for Lucic being considered in the Rick Nash trade is that he'll be an RFA next year along with Horton, Seguin, Marchand, And Caron (who'll most likely be a regular roster player this coming season). What type of money is Lucic going to take to keep in Boston, he's already making something around 4.1, it's definitely going to increase just like everyone else I just listed.

I realize Nash's contract is long, and cap hit is high but the difference maker is the type of player he is. You can't compare numbers between Lucic and Nash because they're two different style players, who play different roles in the game, and different roles on their respective teams. How many of those points that Lucic scored and assisted on came during games that the Bruins had already solidified a win... And blowout games too. I can confidently say I watched almost every game last year and can't off the top of my head say that Lucic scored a game changing goal, a goal that tied a game, or took the lead... Then again its been a few months and my memory is a bit off but you get the point.

I'm certainly not trying to sell a point, just exercise my opinion/argument for including Lucic in a Rick Nash trade. I believe in another thread I actually turned down the idea of bringing him here, but for this thread I'm making the case since it is after all a Rick Nash thread lol. I'd say go after Bobby Ryan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CWick564 View Post
    Although Lucic Posted point totals last year that were very comparable to that of the Bruins Cup year, I'd argue that Lucic wasnt as physical in a positive way for the team last year as in the year prior. He had plenty of games where his physical mindset was absent, and his role on the Bruins was equally as absent.

Another argument for Lucic being considered in the Rick Nash trade is that he'll be an RFA next year along with Horton, Seguin, Marchand, And Caron (who'll most likely be a regular roster player this coming season). What type of money is Lucic going to take to keep in Boston, he's already making something around 4.1, it's definitely going to increase just like everyone else I just listed.

I realize Nash's contract is long, and cap hit is high but the difference maker is the type of player he is. You can't compare numbers between Lucic and Nash because they're two different style players, who play different roles in the game, and different roles on their respective teams. How many of those points that Lucic scored and assisted on came during games that the Bruins had already solidified a win... And blowout games too. I can confidently say I watched almost every game last year and can't off the top of my head say that Lucic scored a game changing goal, a goal that tied a game, or took the lead... Then again its been a few months and my memory is a bit off but you get the point.

I'm certainly not trying to sell a point, just exercise my opinion/argument for including Lucic in a Rick Nash trade. I believe in another thread I actually turned down the idea of bringing him here, but for this thread I'm making the case since it is after all a Rick Nash thread lol. I'd say go after Bobby Ryan
    It's not a good move for the team.. it's trading our best winger for a slightly better winger with a cap hit of almost double..

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    It's not a good move for the team.. it's trading our best winger for a slightly better winger with a cap hit of almost double..

PROPOSAL:

What about a one for one swap of David Krecji and Bobby Ryan? The contracts are very close in number and in years. Also it would give Seguin the opportunity to move back to center (as he's developing into a better 2-way player). Gives Boston a scoring winger who would be tied up for the next few years. Gives Anaheim that quality play making center who would be locked up at reasonable price when compared to Ryan's contract and even Getzlafs, somewhat even. Also Getzlaf and Koivu are UFA's next year and 2 of the best centers currently on Anaheim. This could certainly entice Anaheim into trading for Krecji and possibly using Koivu as a potential piece at the trade deadline... Depending on where Anaheim stands in the playoff race. Definitely an option there for a trade, and Ryan's name has been thrown around and tied to the Bruins over the course of the last year.

vCash
    PROPOSAL:

What about a one for one swap of David Krecji and Bobby Ryan? The contracts are very close in number and in years. Also it would give Seguin the opportunity to move back to center (as he's developing into a better 2-way player). Gives Boston a scoring winger who would be tied up for the next few years. Gives Anaheim that quality play making center who would be locked up at reasonable price when compared to Ryan's contract and even Getzlafs, somewhat even. Also Getzlaf and Koivu are UFA's next year and 2 of the best centers currently on Anaheim. This could certainly entice Anaheim into trading for Krecji and possibly using Koivu as a potential piece at the trade deadline... Depending on where Anaheim stands in the playoff race. Definitely an option there for a trade, and Ryan's name has been thrown around and tied to the Bruins over the course of the last year.
    wrong thread we already go off topic easily enough and we talked about that and are still currently doing so

vCash

Well given the fact that Nash had 2 GWG's to Lucic's 1 this past season, while they each had 7 the year before, I'm not inclined to accept this as a valid argument in the case of trading Lucic+ for Nash. And given the fact the Lucic had more points last year, a FAR superior shooting % in the past few years, and a career +/- of +43 as opposed to -71 career for Nash, I really don't think it would be a smart trade for PC and the crew to make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth211 View Post
    Well given the fact that Nash had 2 GWG's to Lucic's 1 this past season, while they each had 7 the year before, I'm not inclined to accept this as a valid argument in the case of trading Lucic+ for Nash. And given the fact the Lucic had more points last year, a FAR superior shooting % in the past few years, and a career +/- of +43 as opposed to -71 career for Nash, I really don't think it would be a smart trade for PC and the crew to make.
    - Throw out +/- because it's a terrible stat.

- Lucic had two more points last year, lets not act like he had 15+ more

- Lucic had a better shooting% then the following players

Malkin, Gaborik, Neal, Kovalchuk, Iginla, Ovechkin, Parise, Pavelski, Couture, Ryan, E. Kane, Hossa, Seguin, Towes, Giroux, Alfreddson, Hall, Selanne, Koptiar, Vanek.......the list goes on.

Is Lucic a better "shooter" then the guys listed about?

I looked at players with 60+ games played and Lucic ranked 10th in shooting percentage. If you look at that compared to shots taken, he was ranked 159th. What that tells me is he's getting quality looks when he shoots. You could say that it's tied to the fact that he plays with Horton/Seguin and David Krejci. Because he is really the third option on that line he gets good looks. A guy like Nash is option number one and gets far less quality looks at the net.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    28GP / 12G / 17A / 1.04PPG / +25

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    - Throw out +/- because it's a terrible stat.

- Lucic had two more points last year, lets not act like he had 15+ more

- Lucic had a better shooting% then the following players

Malkin, Gaborik, Neal, Kovalchuk, Iginla, Ovechkin, Parise, Pavelski, Couture, Ryan, E. Kane, Hossa, Seguin, Towes, Giroux, Alfreddson, Hall, Selanne, Koptiar, Vanek.......the list goes on.

Is Lucic a better "shooter" then the guys listed about?

I looked at players with 60+ games played and Lucic ranked 10th in shooting percentage. If you look at that compared to shots taken, he was ranked 159th. What that tells me is he's getting quality looks when he shoots. You could say that it's tied to the fact that he plays with Horton/Seguin and David Krejci. Because he is really the third option on that line he gets good looks. A guy like Nash is option number one and gets far less quality looks at the net.
    I never said he had 15+ points more. Let's not go putting words in my mouth. Lucic also had almost 100 more hits than Nash, which to me says that he is more of a power forward in all aspects of the name. In the end, all I'm saying is that Lucic+ is not a good trade option for just Nash. Lucic is a born Bruin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bazookatooth211 View Post
    I never said he had 15+ points more. Let's not go putting words in my mouth. Lucic also had almost 100 more hits than Nash, which to me says that he is more of a power forward in all aspects of the name. In the end, all I'm saying is that Lucic+ is not a good trade option for just Nash. Lucic is a born Bruin.
    I'm not trying to put words in your mouth but typically you only bring something up if the difference is substantial. A difference of two points over a season is not substantial. I agree that Lucic+ for Nash doesn't make any sense

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    28GP / 12G / 17A / 1.04PPG / +25

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast