Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Will Kevin Durant have a better career than Dwyane Wade?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kevin Durant will have the better career

    98 79.67%
  • Dwyane Wade will have the better career

    25 20.33%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 123
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    vCash
    1500
    KD will definately have the better career. He is already the first threepeat scoring champion since Jordan and he is improving every year. Not to mention he is probably going to be the person to keep Lebron and Wade from winning a championship the next couple years.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,681
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LJEATON26 View Post
    KD will definately have the better career. He is already the first threepeat scoring champion since Jordan and he is improving every year. Not to mention he is probably going to be the person to keep Lebron and Wade from winning a championship the next couple years.
    scoring champion, like rookie of the year is just based on how well you did that year.

    e.g. Kobe has scored 30+ ppg in 3 years and has 2 scoring titles, durant has 3 titles and has scored more that 30ppg 1 time.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,265
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyHillSwag View Post
    How dare you disgrace king of the hill the best show ever? anyway, why are rings the holy grail? you telling me lebron, barkley, or iverson doesnt have a better career than wade, **** outta here. It takes a Great team to win a ring. It is pretty obvious to see that durant basically has a better career than wade and if you need a ring to solidify that argument, he'll have one for sure in the next 3 years(not this year, duncan gonna spank that ***)
    Lol Iverson?? Iverson was the single biggest black hole in the history of the NBA. Is it because he scored like 25 ppg and every interview he says "Yo man, I always give my heart and soul every game man, you know man, it's the game I die for man, you know I give it my all".

    But no, I'm not using rings as the gold standard. Barkley and Lebron obviously have had better careers even with no rings, but regardless Wade still has had a better career than Durant TO THIS POINT. Durant may (and probably will) have the better career, but you never know. Wade won a ring seven years ago, and hasn't since. It's not like Durant is guaranteed to win a ring. There are gonna be up and coming teams soon that turn into the new "Thunder".


    TANKRONTO TANKTORS

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    693
    vCash
    1500
    for the record i think kd will end up having the better career, but why is everyone downplaying wades for getting lebron? it's not like durant doesn't have a ton of help in westbrook, and wade already proved he could do it by himself

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,391
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think anyone will be able to answere this question because it's all guessing. Durrant will be fighting Lebron for titles for the next 4-5 years so you don't know how that will work out.

    It is crazy to know that Durrant is only 23 and won't even reach his prime for another 4-5 years.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,159
    vCash
    1500
    Yea Duran just needs to get better on Defense to me that's the biggest factor.

    He plays solid Defense but Wade plays all star Defense and so does Lebron.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    541
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatcheck View Post
    scoring champion, like rookie of the year is just based on how well you did that year.

    e.g. Kobe has scored 30+ ppg in 3 years and has 2 scoring titles, durant has 3 titles and has scored more that 30ppg 1 time.
    So your point is that if someone scored more points per game years ago (i.e. kobe) but durant scored the most points "this year" (i.e. durant) then the person who scored the most points this year wins the scoring champion?

    Fascinating, always wondered why wilt wasn't still winning

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    15,063
    vCash
    500
    I'm sorry but my answer is: Yes, EASILY.
    #Tank Nation


    Playin sorry for Jabari, Riggin for Wiggins, Recede for Embiid, Rest em for Exum

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,558
    vCash
    1500
    Im going to go back to my thoughts in what makes a good player,

    post up game- neither have a real great post up game but Wade does have some sort of post up game advantage - Wade

    clutch- advantage - Wade

    mid range shot - Durant

    passing - about even

    defense - Wade can lock his oppenant when he is not being lazy, Durant is getting better but advantage Wade so far

    handles - advantage wade

    flopping - advantage wade because K.D.'s move is not getting him the foul calls anymore.

    Chips should not be measured because it takes a team to win but Wade having one is the cherry on top since he was the best player when his team won it. Can Durant overtake him? Anything can happen but this year and next will be his best chance before free agency breaks that team apart. Durant reminds me so much of James when the hype was at an all time high, better work on that post up game and get some more meat young man!!
    Knicks and 49ers!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    31,706
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    what the hell does this mean? Wade already proved he was the man, he already won a title as the man. He also has already brought an organization that never won a title before he arrived a title.
    It means he aint the teams best player. What your saying is like when Shaq arrived. Shaq had already proven he was the man by winning a chip, but when Wade won it, it was obviously mostly Wade's doing. Similar phenomena here, Bron is the MVP, the guy who does the heaviest lifting on both ends. Wade is still a superstar whereas Shaq was just a decoy who attracted double teams so hes still more vital, but its still Brons team.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    7,303
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    what the hell does this mean? Wade already proved he was the man, he already won a title as the man. He also has already brought an organization that never won a title before he arrived a title.
    Calm down. Wade won a title with Shaq. And Payton. And Williams and Haslem and Mourning and Laetner and Walker... that team was stacked. He had a great season with a great team, but Durant has had better individual seasons already, and just when Wade was about to hit his prime and prove himself, he takes on a secondary role and lets James be the man.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    112
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mvb815 View Post
    for the record i think kd will end up having the better career, but why is everyone downplaying wades for getting lebron? it's not like durant doesn't have a ton of help in westbrook, and wade already proved he could do it by himself
    When did Wade prove he could do it by himself? I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have won a ring without Shaq.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Posts
    22,058
    vCash
    2502
    It's really early and it's obviously really subjective, but I think Durant has a higher ceiling than Wade ever had. But he has to put it together and become a better defender, and he's got to start earning hardware to be in that discussion. By the time their careers are all said and done, I think they'll both likely fit into that top 15-25 all-time range. But Durant has legitimate top 10 all-time potential if he can keep it up and start winning rings.


    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville, Colorado
    Posts
    23,230
    vCash
    1500
    KD and it's not really close. Durant is 23. And he's already a better player than Wade.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    7,303
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeCounty View Post
    wade without a doubt, you forget besides the fact wade already has 1 championship he's going to win an additional not 1, not 2, not 3 and so on championships according to lebron. Fact, wade's second year in the league he reached the ECF and lost to the pistons with a 3-2 lead over them due to his back injury. Fact, Wade won a championship his third year in the league. Fact KD has more than 3 years in the league already with no championship with an all around good team from their starting 5 to their bench. Compare career wise to how many years KD has in the league with the same amount of years within the beginning of wade's career and wade surpasses KD.

    Side note, for someone as tall as KD with freakishly longer arms than his own legs wade gets more blocks than KD does that says a lot about KD's defense for those of you defending the guy
    Yeah.. Wade won a title WITH SHAQ! What has he done since? Lead his team into the lottery? Then bring in LBJ because he couldn't get it done without a prime Shaq, that was second in MVP voting that one year.

    It's is to win in a league without true centers when you have Shaq. Wade is not an alpha male. He's a beta. Just because Durant hasn't won a title in his first three seasons doesn't mean he won't have a better career than Wade. He's gotten better every season, and has helped his team get better during the time that he's been there. And he doesn't have to flop and shoulder check a guy from behind because he got beat on a play on the other end of the floor.

    Durant came in NBA All-Star calibre player... Wade needed a couple year to reach his all-star level game. Durant has already proved he's a WAY better scorer and rebounder, and his defence is getting better every year.

    And everybody and their dog knows that the west is harder to win in than the east... and Durant has now gotten into the WCF two years running.

    You honestly sound like a homer. I don't remember Wade bringing hom three scoring titles and an ROY award.

    It's like this... Wade needed Shaq. And he knew he couldn't win without a bigger star than him, so he recruited LBJ. Whereas Durant, is to busy trying to be as good as LBJ to consider recruiting him. And Wade has never seriously been in consideration for the MVP award, Durant has the last two seasons. Wade lead his defending championship team to a first round sweep... then another first round exit.. then the lottery, then two more first round exits, and then he talked LBJ into helping out. It doesn't read like a story book career. Durant has helped his team get better every year.
    Last edited by JasonJohnHorn; 05-25-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •