1. I can't wait to play and beat the Devils.
2. I'm going to have to go back to my old job and rub it in the faces of the people who work there (those people are fake Devils fans) The one kid is like mentally ******** and just says things to piss off this kid.
3. Richards and Gaborik are better than Kovalchuk.
4. All the Devils have is Kovalchuk and no one else.
5. I'd rather play the Devils than the Capitals and I'd rather play the Devils than the Flyers.
6. I think the Rangers would sweep the Flyers.
7. We have the best team and the best coach.
8. We're going to win the cup this year.
9. I want to see the Rangers playing Sunday for the cup.
10. I can't wait to stick it to the Devils just like '94.
These idiotic things are what made it so easy for me to root for the Devils.
I grew up a Rangers fan. I actually hated the Devils. I'm from NJ though, 15 mins away from NYC. Around 2007 the Devils built their new arena. I got a lot of free tickets to watch them play during the regular season and post-season.
After they stopped giving me free tickets I still liked hockey (I took a long absence from watching any hockey before that. I hadn't been watching too many sports until around 2005 and I started following everything again real close. I was out of high-school and was able to do that.
So, I started to root for the Rangers again but I always had the feeling for the Devils. A lot of my friends like Devils now, even ones who were like me and liked the Rangers at first, but I brought them to enough games and when they started really liking hockey than they became Devils fans.
The arrogance, disrespect and stupidity of a few Rangers fans that I know has made me root more and more for the Devils. They told me I didn't like the Rangers and I like the Devils, OK then I will.
Now I'm basically ready to abandon any bit of love I had for the Rangers. Some people turned me against them.
LETS GO DEVILS!!!