Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I love Kesler, but I think he wont make much longer in Vancouver. Sad to say, his time is running out. I see a trade in his future.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    ^ Rooting for a player to ask out is the worst. When a relationship is frayed publically and the whole league knows the player wants out, the team is getting much under value on the return.

I think there are numerous examples to back that up and I suspect thats what is going to happen with Luongo who we just saw is officially asking out
    btw Kesler and his agent can ask out privately, just as Hodgson did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    I'm gonna say this is the end of an era for the Canucks. For the first time we really need to start thinking about life after the twins.
    I agree. That's why I'm pushing so hard for change. They can wait another year only to find out that they hit their peak when they got to the finals, or they can stop over-valuing their players, make some smart personnel changes to complement Henrik and Daniel, and try to get something out of the Sedins while they still have something left. Gillis seriously over-valued the core of this team.

The reason I don't criticize the Sedins much is because for several years they have produced like clockwork. They are also the only players on the entire team who are capable of playing the offensive game Gillis is always talking about. We know what their max is because they have hit it and maintained it. There's no way the same could be said for Kesler, or for many of the other Canucks for that matter. We also know the Sedins aren't suited for tight-checking playoff hockey and an alternate plan for the post-season had to be in place. That's why we're so desperate for an improved top 6.

Gillis can wish all he likes that Ryan Kesler is actually a 41 goal scorer, and he can wish the Sedins are great playoff performers but neither is really true. That's why this team can't go into one more playoff run hoping for magic to happen. It just isn't there no matter how much wishful thinking Gillis indulges in. It's frustrating to watch him hope his regular season masterpiece produces the same way in a completely different situation: the playoffs.
    Last edited by ink; 05-25-2012 at 10:21 AM.

vCash
    Has anyone here ever heard Doug Maclean talk about Kesler?
    Last edited by ink; 05-25-2012 at 11:08 AM.

vCash
    Soon Kesler's entire body will be rebuilt, from surgery after surgery. It's just the way he plays, with reckless abandon. I can honestly see the twins still playing after Kesler is forced to retire early.

As for AV, he is not a doctor. The team has doctors who either clear players to play or not. If Kesler lies and says he's 100%, meanwhile playing on a sore hip, it's not AV's fault. Kesler wants to do everything himself, and came back too early. I think this is why AV said Kesler's injury wasn't the factor for his poor season - because Kesler confirmed he was healthy.

I hope we can keep Schneids. I think Gillis also needs to move some players and slightly re-build. The core players are still here (Sedins, Burrows, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler, etc.) But Malhotra, Ballard, Raymond, and maybe even Kesler need to go. Remember Matthieu Schneider? Canuck players that whine to the media about their role on the team need to leave.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    Soon Kesler's entire body will be rebuilt, from surgery after surgery. It's just the way he plays, with reckless abandon. I can honestly see the twins still playing after Kesler is forced to retire early.

As for AV, he is not a doctor. The team has doctors who either clear players to play or not. If Kesler lies and says he's 100%, meanwhile playing on a sore hip, it's not AV's fault. Kesler wants to do everything himself, and came back too early. I think this is why AV said Kesler's injury wasn't the factor for his poor season - because Kesler confirmed he was healthy.

I hope we can keep Schneids. I think Gillis also needs to move some players and slightly re-build. The core players are still here (Sedins, Burrows, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler, etc.) But Malhotra, Ballard, Raymond, and maybe even Kesler need to go. Remember Matthieu Schneider? Canuck players that whine to the media about their role on the team need to leave.
    Good post.

Did anyone hear Gillis' interview on the radio today? He agreed 100% with AV and said when you're cleared to play, you play. Simple.

vCash
    We may have a 2-3 year window left with this group but I'd much rather trade our valuable but ageing assets while they still have significant value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE GIPPER View Post
    We may have a 2-3 year window left with this group but I'd much rather trade our valuable but ageing assets while they still have significant value.
    I'd rather be a cup contender for the next 3 years then be mediocre for the next 10. It took us a very long time to become a good team again, I don't want to sell it because were all upset.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by THE GIPPER View Post
    I'd rather be a cup contender for the next 3 years then be mediocre for the next 10. It took us a very long time to become a good team again, I don't want to sell it because were all upset.
    Do you think this team is a contender? The rest of the league has video. Since they are stuck in the past im sure preparing for the Canucks will just be a matter of rewind and replay. Seriously the roster needs a shake up or we remain the leagues most predictable team.
    Last edited by ink; 05-26-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12