Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Read the rest of the thread. I forgot about the EP.

He wasn't good on the entire thing, so that is certainly not facepalm worthy. He was pretty bad on I'm On Everything, Loud Noises, and Lighters. So 1/3 of those tracks sucked entirely. And his features have been really, really poor since Recovery.

Roman's Revenge
    Throw It Up
    Love The Way You Lie Pt. II
    Richard
    features are irrlevant imo

but i agree with those 3 songs, but not fully, they were good verses, but while listening to it, i felt he could have done a bit better. except on lighters, that verse was solid imo

2. 05-24-2012, 07:48 PM

vCash
    No, I don't catch your drift.

elaborate.

4. 05-24-2012, 08:05 PM

vCash

What?

6. 05-24-2012, 11:09 PM

7. 05-25-2012, 01:38 AM

vCash
    Read the rest of the thread. I forgot about the EP.

He wasn't good on the entire thing, so that is certainly not facepalm worthy. He was pretty bad on I'm On Everything, Loud Noises, and Lighters. So 1/3 of those tracks sucked entirely. And his features have been really, really poor since Recovery.

Roman's Revenge
    Throw It Up
    Love The Way You Lie Pt. II
    Richard
    Can't disagree there. I still can't believe he did Roman's Revenge, and I don't know what the hell he was smoking on Richard. The other two songs sucked, but at least they made sense. Forever may be the one exception, even though I hate that ****ing song.

I think he was kind of forced into those tracks though. Recovery as well. Recovery was way to commercial and he's never been known to feature many artists outside of his own label on his albums. Weezy and even Rhianna for a radio single is one thing, but Pink? Let alone garbage like the aforementioned. I don't know how much "authority" Jimmy has over Em, but there's no way he chose to do a lot of that stuff on his own.

Now that they've succeeded in getting his name back out there, I expect that he'll go back to doing everything strictly his own way. Plus the more talent he has around him, the more he tends to step his game up. With SH on the label now and the direction they are going with this 2.0 movement, I'm very confident that this next album will not disappoint.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Well, he dated P!nk, so I wasn't as shocked about that one as Rihanna, but her feature made sense. Having Lil Wayne on his album was also really surprising to me.

I'm wondering if the label pushed him to do that or if he did it to get his name back out there on his own. Recovery was the first time I ever felt that Eminem sold out on his own true fans. Panning an album he spent YEARS making because it didn't have radio-friendly content and people complained about the accent. He dissed Relapse three times on Recovery.. an album that he worked on for about two years and planned on creating a second CD for. Working with Akon? Fine. Lil Wayne? Fine. Saying that a CD sucked when over one million fans already had payed for it? That's not cool.

I want only Dre, Alchemist, Eminem, Mr. Porter beats on this. I don't want to see anyone else on this album aside for Slaughterhouse, Dre, Yela, and 50 Cent, too.

I just can't see what he has left to rap about. That's what will make this album more intriguing than possibly any other Eminem album ever. I'm fully expecting an album full of misogyny and filler tracks like Hell: The Sequel. Just try and picture what his first single for this might sound like. I can't even imagine what it will sound like.

vCash

Not a fan of Recovery at all. I'm not really excited for this like I should be.
    I'm In.

vCash
    What is your prediction for the release date? I can't stream media on the work computers so my apologies if he mentions it in the radio interview.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousbig21 View Post
    What is your prediction for the release date? I can't stream media on the work computers so my apologies if he mentions it in the radio interview.
    He says he's just toying with some stuff for his next solo joint. He doesn't really say anything else. I say we'll see this sometime between November 2012 and May 2013.

vCash
    Relapse was awesome. Recovery was boring after 3 listens. Hopefully something horrible happened in his life so he has something to rap about. I'm tired of hearing about Proof

vCash
    I'm guessing this will be his last solo album? He will be 40-41 years old by the time this comes out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    I'm guessing this will be his last solo album? He will be 40-41 years old by the time this comes out.
    I'm highly doubting it. He didn't come back for four years of rapping imo.. Jay-Z is three years older than him

Rappers will start sticking around for longer periods of time since it is a more dominant genre and very, very lucrative.

vCash
    I must be the only person who liked both Recovery and Relapse

I do want to hear more Eminem and Slaughterhouse though, Loud Noises and 2.0 Boyz were pretty damn good.

vCash
    Well, he dated P!nk, so I wasn't as shocked about that one as Rihanna, but her feature made sense. Having Lil Wayne on his album was also really surprising to me.

I'm wondering if the label pushed him to do that or if he did it to get his name back out there on his own. Recovery was the first time I ever felt that Eminem sold out on his own true fans. Panning an album he spent YEARS making because it didn't have radio-friendly content and people complained about the accent. He dissed Relapse three times on Recovery.. an album that he worked on for about two years and planned on creating a second CD for. Working with Akon? Fine. Lil Wayne? Fine. Saying that a CD sucked when over one million fans already had payed for it? That's not cool.
    Maybe it was a little bit of both. Like you said, he spent all that time working on that material, it doesn't seem likely that he just randomly changed his mind one day. Especially when he had already promised the second CD later that year.

I remember reading an article about them wanting him to appeal more to the African-American demographic again. I forget what website it was, and it may or may not have even been accurate, but it would actually make sense. It would explain some of those ******** collabos and putting Lil Wayne on his own album. That's definitely not his usual M.O. Combined with some of the mixed reviews and below Eminem standard album sales that Relapse received, they probably pushed him to make the change and he finally agreed. He didn't have much time between the scrapping of Relapse 2 and the release of Recovery, so Recovery had to have been rushed a little bit.

As far as him bashing Relapse himself on Recovery, maybe that was just a little shout out to all the fans who despised the accent. Even his core fan base (or the greater majority at least) were starting to get sick of it. He even says "that Relapse CD was ehh, perhaps I ran those accents into the ground." He also says "to the fans, I'll never let you down again I'm back." He has to know that a lot of people still really liked Relapse, and the only major knock on it from the fans was the accent, so that's the way I'm looking at it.

I want only Dre, Alchemist, Eminem, Mr. Porter beats on this. I don't want to see anyone else on this album aside for Slaughterhouse, Dre, Yela, and 50 Cent, too.
    Definitely agree there. That will probably be the case though. That's how he's always done things. Recovery accomplished what it was supposed too, now he can go back to his regular M.O. To be honest, I hope he produces the whole thing himself, or at least most of it. Throw in a little bit of Dre, Porter etc to mix it up, but his best material is the stuff he produces himself.

I just can't see what he has left to rap about. That's what will make this album more intriguing than possibly any other Eminem album ever. I'm fully expecting an album full of misogyny and filler tracks like Hell: The Sequel. Just try and picture what his first single for this might sound like. I can't even imagine what it will sound like.
    Well, I believe we said the same thing about Recovery. Unfortunately we know how that turned out. But like I mentioned before, he steps his game up most when he has talent around him. One of the bright spots on Recovery was No Love, the song that happens to have Wayne on it. He killed that.

I specifically remember when the new BME was first announced, you yourself projected that it would probably suck. Turned out to be a pleasant surprise to say the least. I think being with Royce again reinvigorated him. He feeds off of competition, and it helps him creatively. He's got by far more talent on the roster now than he's ever had. I don't know what the hell he'll rap about either, but I'm sure it will be better than Recovery. With all that talent around him, he's bound to come up with something good.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    I'm still confused how Eminem still gets so much discussion. I know he's Eminem but come on. The dude is a shell of himself.

vCash
    The same reason people still watch De Niro and Pacino movies.

Nostalgia and an adoration that can't be broken despite a watered down product.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast