Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    you think Gabby would waive his NMC/NTC to go to Columbus...?

I don't think trading Gaborik is the move. Bringing in another big-time scorer to play alongside Marian would be the ideal situation. I don't think Parise comes though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    you think Gabby would waive his NMC/NTC to go to Columbus...?

I don't think trading Gaborik is the move. Bringing in another big-time scorer to play alongside Marian would be the ideal situation. I don't think Parise comes though.
    i can't imagine a 30 year old sniper waiving his NMC/NTC to go from what is looking like a legitimate cup contender for a few years at least to go to the bottom team in the NHL barrell. it wouldnt make sense for his career, and it would deeply cripple our offense (even if he is a freaking enigma in the playoffs).

Parise is my favorite choice of the entire scorer's block (I realize in earlier posts I was talking about Nash, but thats because I think that COULD happen), but hes not coming here. If the Devs got ousted early enough, maybe. If the Devs really are in the dire financial straights that everyone is reporting, maybe. If he really loves our team and Torts and doesnt care about gutting a franchise in the Devs, maybe. I just don't see it. He seems like a loyal, character guy and that type of player doesnt do that (that being said, Zach, if you're reading this, screw Jersey!)

Nash wants out of his situation, and Bobby Ryan (the only other logical piece around; I dont think Chicago would even consider parting with Kane) is going to cost way more because he would have to be pried away from the Ducks, whereas Nash is looking to leave.

vCash
    Well I guess we can put the Gabs rumors to rest because according to SNYrangersblog.com he will be getting surgery since he has a torn rotator cuff. Pretty surprising and it explains his playoff performance. 5-6 months looks like we'll be playing a few games without him at the start. Hopefully he recovers and goes back to his former self.

vCash
    the news on gabby sucks.... we may be up to 2 months into the season before he returns, so we may have to pull the trigger on a trade for a nash or an iginla after all

vCash
    Gaborik IS NOT being moved, even before the injury, Torts and the players love him, hes one of the best snipers in the game, one bad playoff series and you guys wanna give him the boot?

So trade Cally, Duby, Step, Hags, Boyle, Prust, Mitchell, Rupp, ETC. Because they all sucked also, people crack me up. The guy scored 40 or more in two of his first 3 seasons here, so he had one bad series, you wanna trade him for an unproven guy like Nash in the playoffs?

You guys crack me up, this injury only means Sather will go harder for Nash/Ryan in a trade or Parise in FA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    Gaborik IS NOT being moved, even before the injury, Torts and the players love him, hes one of the best snipers in the game, one bad playoff series and you guys wanna give him the boot?

So trade Cally, Duby, Step, Hags, Boyle, Prust, Mitchell, Rupp, ETC. Because they all sucked also, people crack me up. The guy scored 40 or more in two of his first 3 seasons here, so he had one bad series, you wanna trade him for an unproven guy like Nash in the playoffs?

You guys crack me up, this injury only means Sather will go harder for Nash/Ryan in a trade or Parise in FA.
    Gaborik won't be moved but not for those reasons. No one wants to take on a player that could potentially miss half of a season because he is so injury prone and has the large cap hit. And to your other point a lot of people said trade Dubinsky all season (although I think Dubinsky is a great asset on our team) so I'm not sure why you're surprised by any of this. Rupp btw is absolutely worthless on the team from his play on the ice. I don't want Nash and for that matter don't want Parise but if Ryan is available that's a player you have to go after simply because of how low is salary is, his age and the fact that he scores 30 every year regardless of how his team plays. We don't need another giant contract on the team. If you're talking Shea Weber you would have to think about that since he's a defensemen that plays solid defense and is one of the best offensive defensemen in the league and would help our PP tremendously.
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    I'm sure if they shopped Gaborik there would be suitors. Big cap hit yes, but reasonable considering production. That's what 40-goal scorers make, which it seems many people on tho forum forget all the time.

And Weber is an RFA, so you pay in money and picks if you offer sheet him.

vCash
    There's tonnes of teams looking for a 40 goal scorer, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Philly, Detroit, Nashville, St.Louis, Colorado, Calgary, Vancouver(after a Luongo deal), Columbus, etc etc...there's a smaller list of teams who wouldn't want Gaborik than would even at his cap hit. Without him this year we're a 9th place team or worse. Gaborik had 76 points and 42 goals out of our 226 goals scored. Without him we're a terrible team, keep in mind on a defensive minded team he was 3rd overall in goal scoring behind only Stamkos and Malkin. Yes he got injured, but he sucked it up and kept playing, so I have no problem with him. Nobody is shihhhting on the rest of our forwards for lack of production and they were for the most part healthy minus Callahan with his finger. Even at that Gaborik was one of our top 3 scorers in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    There's tonnes of teams looking for a 40 goal scorer, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Philly, Detroit, Nashville, St.Louis, Colorado, Calgary, Vancouver(after a Luongo deal), Columbus, etc etc...there's a smaller list of teams who wouldn't want Gaborik than would even at his cap hit. Without him this year we're a 9th place team or worse. Gaborik had 76 points and 42 goals out of our 226 goals scored. Without him we're a terrible team, keep in mind on a defensive minded team he was 3rd overall in goal scoring behind only Stamkos and Malkin. Yes he got injured, but he sucked it up and kept playing, so I have no problem with him. Nobody is shihhhting on the rest of our forwards for lack of production and they were for the most part healthy minus Callahan with his finger. Even at that Gaborik was one of our top 3 scorers in the playoffs.
    Thank you! He's one of the premier scorers in the NHL and in his prime. People need to cut him a break. His value is huge and all this talk of him being moved is ridiculous. They need to add on top of him, not deal him away.

vCash
    Ok... I take that Gabby thing back because I didnt know he was hurt.

vCash
    He got hurt when he was hit hard against Ottawa in round 1, so he played over 18 games with an injury and still did great against Washington.

vCash

Who will go in the off-season (Offseason Thread)

You guys have some ****ing looney ideas.

vCash
    Radulov to the Rangers will be our 1st move, we will acquire his rights.

vCash
    Ya, that's been on the news since early this morn. I like the idea really.

vCash
    I hope not.... we don't need another Zherdev. Torts will end up benching him time and time again for lack of effort

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast