Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr2002nyr View Post
    Sather needs to remember how bad they must move Nash before Camp starts as well. He has more leverage then he realizes. The last thing they want is Nash in camp at this point
    You also have to remember that there are other teams on his list. I'm not sure what's going on in Nash's camp right now. Is it still only New York? Do the teams on the list mean he can't veto them? Or can he still veto any deal that even with those teams?

If there are other teams in play then we are at danger of losing leverage and we may not be able to keep playing chicken.
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderwood View Post
    All valid points.. Both are tue talents.. Maybe Sather can work a deal where we can keep either MDZ or Hagelin...

I would rather see MDZ stay then Hags at this point IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    You also have to remember that there are other teams on his list. I'm not sure what's going on in Nash's camp right now. Is it still only New York? Do the teams on the list mean he can't veto them? Or can he still veto any deal that even with those teams?

If there are other teams in play then we are at danger of losing leverage and we may not be able to keep playing chicken.
    Others are in play for sure but if i am correct we have offered the best deal so far. Carolina came into play 2 days ago and heard the asking price and scoffed

vCash
    San Jose has some nice pieces and have a propensity to make big deals. They're looming and scare me. Detroit has plenty of pieces to move, other star players locked up at great cap hits, and a ton of Cap space. They are a threat.
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    I think Doan's decision on what he will do will be tomorrow or Tuesday, so expect rumors there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    I think Doan's decision on what he will do will be tomorrow or Tuesday, so expect rumors there.
    Doan pushed his decision ahead to the 15th I believe, probably waiting for the Nash and Ryan trades to happen.

vCash
    If I have to choose.. I agree with you MDZ.. Signing a Shane Doan, we keep both..

[B]New York Yankees 27 World Championships.....need I say more?
    Oakland Raiders 3 Super Bowl Victories/rest of the AFC West 3 Super Bowl Wins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Doan pushed his decision ahead to the 15th I believe, probably waiting for the Nash and Ryan trades to happen.
    I don't think it has anything to do with Ryan/Nash, more of what is going on with the Coyotes management and if they are staying or going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with Ryan/Nash, more of what is going on with the Coyotes management and if they are staying or going.
    Ya...you are right, I had a brain fart there.

vCash
    Its all good, plus I expect Doan to sign in the West.

vCash
    Its been a very good offseason so far, certainly headlined by the big trade, but the smaller moves should all help in their own right. Getting an experienced faceoff guy like Halpern was a great move and Pyatt has a big frame as well as good touch around the net. They do still need another center(Langkow/Hecht) so Boyle can shift to the 4th line where he fits and another cheap dman who can shoot. Maybe someone like Spacek or Foster. Of course the Doan saga is still outstanding but anything that happens there is gravy, I do think there's a great shot he comes if they offer a 3rd year. This team could be pretty scary if they do.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415