Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Huselius/Arnott..Thoughts??

I know our roster is pretty full at the moment, but any thoughts on grabbing either of these 2 for the year? I know Huselius hasn't been healthy the past 2 seasons; but is it worth taking a chance for 1-1.2 mil for a season? How about Arnott to get a solid big bodied center for our 3rd line? Both could possibly put 15-20 biscuits in the net.

Nash - Richards - Kreider
    Gaborik - Stepan - Hags
    Cally - Boyle (Arnott) - Pyatt (Huselius)
    Asham - Halpern (Boyle) - Rupp (Pyatt)

vCash
    I'd take Arnott for a year.

vCash
    I do not see a need to sign/acquire a 3rd or 4th line forward. Putting $ aside, Shane Doan makes sense to assume a 1st or 2nd line role during Gaborik's absence, however, after Gaborik returns, it seems we'll have plenty of 3rd and 4th line forwards. So, Arnott, Huselieus, others don't seem to fit.

Also, the club has benefitted greatly the past two seasons by calling up prospects mid-season (i.e., McDonagh, Hagelin). I am anxious to see if 1st round pick JT Miller makes the club during pre-season or is called up mid-season. He has progressed nicely and is physically ready to handle NHL games. It's important to keep developing our youth and not creat a logjam on the 3rd line, for example.

vCash
    I don't see huselius getting more than a TC invite. As for Arnott, I haven't heard anything about the Rangers being interested, but I wouldn't mind. Still, I'm going on the record here that when the season starts J.T. Miller will be our third line center.
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

vCash
    No thanks, Arnott is washed up, Rangers dont need another slug. Huselius doesn't fit into the system.

vCash
    Pass on Huselius. Id take a shot on Arnott though.

vCash
    Arnott for 1 year is not a bad move at all.

vCash
    Arnott has value on a short term contract for low money but I'd say we already looked at him and didn't like the money or term and then signed Halpern and Pyatt instead, but that's just a guess. Our biggest need is a bottom pair d man, hopefully a right shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dernelle View Post
    No thanks, Arnott is washed up, Rangers dont need another slug. Huselius doesn't fit into the system.

I wouldnt say he is washed up. At 1 mil for 1 year he would be a nice addition. I think he had 17 and 17 in 70 games

vCash
    I also think people here are gonna be impressed with what they are getting in Halpern and Pyatt for our bottom 6. I think they were a couple of really smart signings by Slats that will definatley replace Fedotenko and Mitchell as an upgrade. I also have a suspicion that Prust's body is already feeling the toll of his style of play and his willingness to do whatever it takes, love the guy but I'd say as a young player he's played a lot of hard hockey and he's probably on the decline even though he's not an old player. I think he would have tried to stay here for less money if that weren't the case, as it was he needed the pay day, just my guess, I have no proof of this or anything, just speculation.
    Last edited by bsi; 08-05-2012 at 06:16 PM.

vCash
    Arnott is a great locker room guy, would be perfect for the young guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    Arnott is a great locker room guy, would be perfect for the young guys.
    No doubt, Arnott is a gifted leader. I tend to think this team has the "locker room" and "chemistry" aspects of a winning team fully established though. Callahan, Richards, Nash, Girardi, and Hank, for example, assure this team is committed.

I'd rather keep a spot open for a prospect such as JT Miller than sign a seasoned veteran.

vCash
    I'm interested to see what Pyatt brings. I thought Fedotenko stunk last year. I don't buy into the fact he was one of our better players in the playoffs. Garbage. He did nothing. I never felt he was dangerous at any time on the ice. He also lost battles in the corner constantly.

vCash
    Even someone on a one-year deal like Langkow/Hecht could fit the bill until Miller is fully ready next year. I think he needs a full season in Ct. to get the physical side of things down, he's still only 20. Fasth is slated to play in Sweden I believe for another year so its moot to discuss him for this season.

vCash
    Only thing I know is that Boyle can't be the teams third line center. That is not acceptable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast