72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stafford

39 54.17%
  • Cutler

33 45.83%
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Here's the thing, I watch him play and I think he's about as talented as anyone. I don't think he'll ever be top 3 or anything but I think he's a lot better than people give him credit for. Some of that is his fault, some of it is teams around him, but I personally think I've seen him grow as a QB and I'm expecting a break out year.

Stafford has a higher ceiling a far better shot at being a true great but I'm not yet convinced he's a lot better than Jay or anything.
    I'm not going to hate on you for seeing something in Cutler.

I will say this though -

Rodgers already has a ring and is in his prime as an elite QB.

Stafford had one of the Best seasons at QB in NFL history at age 23. He also shattered every Lions QB record. He did all of this with ZERO running game. We are still young and most people are picking the Bears to be better than us this year.

With that being said, I think Cutler has the most pressure on him as far as the NFC North QB's go. I think you may even agree with me on this. He has yet to have a breakout year, and has battled his own injury issues. This season people are expecting elite production and a contending Bears team. If he lives up to it - I will be the first to say I was wrong.

vCash
    Yeah I agree with all that for sure.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    stafford

cutler is the most overrated qb in the nfl
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    stafford

Thank you for the breaking news
    But,
    Can you tell me who overrates him?

our future

vCash
    Cutler is the most OVERRATED QB?

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooool

Worst statement in the history of PSD. To be overrated he would have to be worse than Tebow or Sanchez because that's generally how he's made out to be.

I wish I wasn't a Packers fan so I could actually root for him to have a good season and shut everyone up.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fadedmario View Post
    I'm not going to hate on you for seeing something in Cutler.

I will say this though -

Rodgers already has a ring and is in his prime as an elite QB.

Stafford had one of the Best seasons at QB in NFL history at age 23. He also shattered every Lions QB record. He did all of this with ZERO running game. We are still young and most people are picking the Bears to be better than us this year.

With that being said, I think Cutler has the most pressure on him as far as the NFC North QB's go. I think you may even agree with me on this. He has yet to have a breakout year, and has battled his own injury issues. This season people are expecting elite production and a contending Bears team. If he lives up to it - I will be the first to say I was wrong.
    Wow Mario...I agree 100%. Who knew?

vCash
    stafford

Im pretty sure that would be Tim Tebow. The only Cutler I talk I hear is in here, by the non-experts who think they are experts.

vCash
    stafford

not evenly remotely close
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Im pretty sure that would be Tim Tebow. The only Cutler I talk I hear is in here, by the non-experts who think they are experts.
    The most overrated QB in the NFL plays in New York and his name isn't Tim or Eli.

I could see Tebow though but the Tebow thing is.......the Tebow thing. I think even most huge Tebow fans really know what he actually is. It's just been this fun thing to get behind.

I personally feel the list of overrated QB's...in no order...

Matt Ryan
    Mark Sanchez
    Josh Freeman (not so much right now)
    Peyton Manning (being listed as the 4th best far too often right now)
    And Dalton to an extend. He's a nickel dimer and his YPA proves that. Not bad though.

Underrated

#1 Matt Moore. I think he can maybe be a fringe 10-12 top starter
    Rivers. He's still top 5 in my book.
    Schaub top 10 easy but most don't agree
    Romo same thing
    Cutler same thing

To a lesser extend, Alex Smith and Cassel

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    stafford

The most overrated QB in the NFL plays in New York and his name isn't Tim or Eli.

I could see Tebow though but the Tebow thing is.......the Tebow thing. I think even most huge Tebow fans really know what he actually is. It's just been this fun thing to get behind.

I personally feel the list of overrated QB's...in no order...

Matt Ryan
    Mark Sanchez
    Josh Freeman (not so much right now)
    Peyton Manning (being listed as the 4th best far too often right now)
    And Dalton to an extend. He's a nickel dimer and his YPA proves that. Not bad though.

Underrated

#1 Matt Moore. I think he can maybe be a fringe 10-12 top starter
    Rivers. He's still top 5 in my book.
    Schaub top 10 easy but most don't agree
    Romo same thing
    Cutler same thing

To a lesser extend, Alex Smith and Cassel
    I agree with a lot of this list actually. ESPN will fool you guys about Romo and Cutler because of one or two ****ups in the playoffs. Schaub has been underrated for a couple seasons now and I've really liked him. Just don't agree with Matt Ryan, still love the guy from his college days

vCash
    Trick question. The answer is Ditka

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixeditup1 View Post
    Always impressive when someone can do that. Random stats, Stafford threw the ball 663 times last season. He threw for 5,038. The NFL record for pass attempts in a season is 691 just 28 more passes than Stafford threw.

1. Drew Brees: 5,476 yards in 2011 657 attempts
    2. Tom Brady: 5,235 yards in 2011 611 attempts
    3. Dan Marino: 5,084 yards in 1984 564 attempts
    4. Drew Brees: 5,069 yards in 2008 635 attempts
    5. Matthew Stafford: 5,038 yards in 2011 663 attempts

I think the combination of a dome, throwing the ball 663 times and Calvin Johnson will help a lot in netting 5,000 yards. Stafford threw the ball A LOT last year, lol didn't realize that until I looked it up.

Now just for shts and giggles, we'll look at that list again and I'll move everyone up to 663 attempts on that list, and go by their comp percentage and AVG to see what they'd put up.

1. Drew Brees: 5,476 yards in 2011 5,509 with 663
    2. Tom Brady: 5,235 yards in 2011 5,526 with 663
    3. Dan Marino: 5,084 yards in 1984 5,651 with 663
    4. Drew Brees: 5,069 yards in 2008 5,212 with 663.

Random line here... If Rodgers had 663 attempts last year, he'd have the same 5,651 as the projected Marino rate from 84'.

Disclaimer, not trashing Stafford in any way. Just wanted to break down the numbers, so Lions fans, don't take it the wrong way.
    Valid point, but consider the Lions running game was *** last year.

Sim League Spurs
    Gary Payton | Tim Duncan
    2000-01: NBA Finalist
    2001-02: First Round

vCash
    I went Stafford, but I can make a case for Cutler as well. No idea why Cutler is considered overrated. So overrated that hes underrated?

Sim League Spurs
    Gary Payton | Tim Duncan
    2000-01: NBA Finalist
    2001-02: First Round

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post

I agree with a lot of this list actually. ESPN will fool you guys about Romo and Cutler because of one or two ****ups in the playoffs. Schaub has been underrated for a couple seasons now and I've really liked him. Just don't agree with Matt Ryan, still love the guy from his college days
    Watch what Matt Ryan does in big spots. He doesn't choke but he doesn't go for the big play.

It's like he's...I don't think he's scared or he chokes but I'm not sure he shines in the biggest spots.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Watch what Matt Ryan does in big spots. He doesn't choke but he doesn't go for the big play.

It's like he's...I don't think he's scared or he chokes but I'm not sure he shines in the biggest spots.
    I watched a lot of Atlanta games last year...seems like a lot of my fantasy football weeks my opponent had someone playing them, or I need Roddy White to score big. Anyways...whoever does the play calling there is brutal. I dont know how many times they were stopped in the red zone after going to...not Roddy White, not Julio Jones, not Tony Gonzalez, not Michael Turner, not even Jaquizz Rodgers. I dont know how many times I saw them make a play to their 2nd or 3rd TE or Ovie Mughelli (sp?). Not sure if thats a Matt Ryan thing or the play calling, but it happened a lot.

It seems like that happens way too much with bad teams...trying to get too fancy, when the best plan of attack is to simply do what every single person watching thinks you should do. Football is an easy game, but a lot of times the coaches outthink themselves, or try to make a name by doing things outside the box when its not necessary. I think Atlanta had a great shot going into 2011, but they made way too many stupid play calls, had poor clock management and coaching decisions.

Any Atlanta fans around to chime in on that?

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast