72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stafford

39 54.17%
  • Cutler

33 45.83%
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixeditup1 View Post
    I'll tell you right now, it'll be hard to judge the two head to head. Cutler won't attempt as many passes. I'd expect Cutler to attempt honestly around 150 less than Stafford. Last, this isn't really an excuse... But Megatron is the best WR in the NFL, he will help Stafford out a lot! Seriously reminds me of the Randy Moss era, but bigger and stronger.
    You are already setting up the excuses. At least we agree that Tebow is 64, although there may be few 3rd stringers and free agent I would rank higher. McNabb for one. Garrard (has he signed anywhere?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    I'll tell you right now, it'll be hard to judge the two head to head. Cutler won't attempt as many passes. I'd expect Cutler to attempt honestly around 150 less than Stafford. Last, this isn't really an excuse... But Megatron is the best WR in the NFL, he will help Stafford out a lot! Seriously reminds me of the Randy Moss era, but bigger and stronger.
    You are already setting up the excuses. At least we agree that Tebow is 64, although there may be few 3rd stringers and free agent I would rank higher. McNabb for one. Garrard (has he signed anywhere?)
    Lol it's a fact that stafford will throw it more and it's a fact mega is the best wr in the game... Not excuses

Garrard signed with the phins

He is the most interesting CB in the world.

vCash
    Lol it's a fact that stafford will throw it more and it's a fact mega is the best wr in the game... Not excuses

Garrard signed with the phins
    I looked up the remaining FA QBs and I would say McNabb is the only debatable FA left that is better than Tebow. As much as I think Tebow is garbage though, I would have to say he might be better than McNabb. McNabb is the complete opposite of Tebow...talented, but can't win.

vCash
    Staffords attempts 663.
    Rodgers attempts 502.
    Rodgers completion % 68.3
    Rodgers AVG 9.25 yds

663-502= 161 difference in attempts. 161 x completion % of 68.3 (161x.683)= 109.96 (I just kept it at 109 hard to round in a case like this) projected completions x AVG of 9.25 = 1,008 yards. 4,643+additional 1,008 yards= 5,651 projected yards.

Who said Bears fans weren't good with math ;p
    Why use completion rate? You lost me. You don't need that. We're using yards per ATTEMPT. Just multiple the YPA by the attempts. That's your yardage.

Stafford threw 663 times. His Yards Per Attempt were 7.6. Then 7.6YPA multiplied by 663 is 5038. His total yards.

Now Rodgers Threw the ball 502. YPA is 9.2. 9.2x502=4618.

Now let's pretend Stafford threw the ball 502. 502x7.6YPA+3815.2. Oh wow. We're in Joe Flacco land now. Whoopdie doo.

Now imagine Rodgers throws it 663 just like Stafford. 663 attempts multiplied by Rodgers 9.2 (It's actually 9.25 officially but I'll be nice) YPA.

6099.6 yards.

But hey, Stafford threw for 5000 so we have to be so impressed.

It's all about efficiency numbers. Not volume stats. Comp% and QB rating are okay starters. But INT%, TD%, YPA, even sack%. That's where I have my story told.
    Last edited by Norm; 05-28-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

vCash
    Yawn.

vCash
    Lol, you better yawn. If you actually acknowledged what I said it deeply lessens Matt Stafford's 5000 yard accomplishment.

It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Lol, you better yawn. If you actually acknowledged what I said it deeply lessens Matt Stafford's 5000 yard accomplishment.
    cool. - what about his 41 TD's?

vCash
    Also Norm, remember this - When the almighty Aaron Rodgers was Stafford's age, he was sitting the bench.

Stafford is 24 years old and had a career year at age 23.

vCash
    Pretty good. Not because it's a lot, but because he has a stellar TD%. It's probably pretty high all time for one season.

1. Aaron Rodgers*+ GNB 9.0%
    2. Drew Brees* NOR 7.0%
    3. Tom Brady* NWE 6.4%
    4. Matthew Stafford DET 6.2%
    5. Tony Romo DAL 5.9%
    6. Matt Schaub HOU 5.1%
    Matt Ryan ATL 5.1%
    8. Eli Manning* NYG 4.9%
    9. Mark Sanchez NYJ 4.8%
    10. Philip Rivers* SDG 4.6%
    Matt Moore MIA 4.6%
    Still not near my boy though

I think his TD% is far more impressive than his 5000 yards since his YPA wasn't even top 10 last year IIRC.
    Last edited by Norm; 05-28-2012 at 11:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fadedmario View Post
    Also Norm, remember this - When the almighty Aaron Rodgers was Stafford's age, he was sitting the bench.

Stafford is 24 years old and had a career year at age 23.
    I'm aware.

I'm not trying to compare Rodgers and Stafford apples to apples.

I'm simply trying to put Stafford's 5000 yard season in perspective. I should have chosen another QB I suppose.

vCash
    lol, I just looked up Cutler's career numbers. Nuff said.

vCash
    lol, I just looked up Cutler's career numbers. Nuff said.
    I think the story isn't written until after this season. If they're still mediocre, we have issues.

I just don't feel they will be.

vCash
    and for the record Norm - I think Rodgers is by far the best QB in the league.

But I really don't see the Cutler/Stafford comparison. Cutler was good last year, but still had average numbers.

I mean ****, his best TD year, he had 27 with 26 INT's - that's pathetic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I think the story isn't written until after this season. If they're still mediocre, we have issues.

I just don't feel they will be.
    I agree - This is the year Cutler either shines or takes a backseat to Rodgers/Stafford.

vCash
    and for the record Norm - I think Rodgers is by far the best QB in the league.

But I really don't see the Cutler/Stafford comparison. Cutler was good last year, but still had average numbers.

I mean ****, his best TD year, he had 27 with 26 INT's - that's pathetic.
    Here's the thing, I watch him play and I think he's about as talented as anyone. I don't think he'll ever be top 3 or anything but I think he's a lot better than people give him credit for. Some of that is his fault, some of it is teams around him, but I personally think I've seen him grow as a QB and I'm expecting a break out year.

Stafford has a higher ceiling a far better shot at being a true great but I'm not yet convinced he's a lot better than Jay or anything.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast