72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stafford

39 54.17%
  • Cutler

33 45.83%
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    You can say that of most of the young first round QBs in the league. Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman from 2009. Up and down year to year. Bradford and Tebow from 2010. Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder from 2011. Up and down, all of them.
    What's scary is Gabbert might be the most talented well rounded one of them all.

What scares me goes back to my point before. He's felt like he's underachieving based on his skillset all that way from Junior year of HS. Gabbert's big positive right now is not turning the ball over. He doesn't lose you games. I can't make a great defense on any of those other guys but they've all had far more success in their entire football careers IMO. When you start to look at the whole, I start to scratch my head.

The other part is, of those guys you listed, they all have serious doubts about being franchise QB's. Tebow certainly is not. Sanchez neither. Freeman isn't someone I hate but I wonder. Stafford is probably the one who certainly is. Newton has the head issues. Ponder....not sure what I think anymore. Not super promising but has found ways to win. Locker has a ton of talent but not shown a lot, much like Gabbert but not as much playing time. It's not exactly a list of guys I would be dying to be included with outside of Stafford.
    Last edited by Norm; 10-30-2012 at 04:12 PM.

vCash
    But Gabbert wasn't born into the game like all the coach's sons, or the Manning brothers, or Andrew Luck. He wasn't allowed to even play football by his parents until he was 12, I think. His father was a contractor and didn't have a big interest in the game. It was only when he got a pass to attend a football camp for his birthday, when he was 15, that the guy running the camp said that he could be a D1 prospect. He always had the natural tools, but not a lot of exposure or experience. Same thing all the way to the NFL.

vCash
    I've said what I needed to say. I've never denied ability and potential. I want to see what he does with it and I'm tired of excuses.

We can talk again in a few weeks.

vCash
    But Gabbert wasn't born into the game like all the coach's sons, or the Manning brothers, or Andrew Luck. He wasn't allowed to even play football by his parents until he was 12, I think. His father was a contractor and didn't have a big interest in the game. It was only when he got a pass to attend a football camp for his birthday, when he was 15, that the guy running the camp said that he could be a D1 prospect. He always had the natural tools, but not a lot of exposure or experience. Same thing all the way to the NFL.
    It's setteled you are Blaine Gabberts mom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    It's setteled you are Blaine Gabberts mom.
    Better Blaine Gabbert's mom than Chuck Hayes' love child I suppose

vCash
    Oh dear, Did you go back to his childhood as an excuse now?

13 Rec - 247 Yards -2 TD

vCash
    Better Blaine Gabbert's mom than Chuck Hayes' love child I suppose
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JFyB8zXk48

Gabbert and his brother fighting while Alpha Dog sleeps.

vCash
    Is no one else concerned by the amount of knowledge he has on Gabberts upbringing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Is no one else concerned by the amount of knowledge he has on Gabberts upbringing?
    He is gabberts mom, No if ands or buts about it.

13 Rec - 247 Yards -2 TD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    He is gabberts mom, No if ands or buts about it.
    Hes Jerry Sandusky.

What?
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021