Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Iverson is the perfect example of how a self-centered, selfish, "me-first" player can become one of the greats...but cannot win a championship.

Kobe has taken a backseat to Shaq, Jordan has on numerous occasions taken a backseat to Pippen, because it was all in the best interest of the team...and above all, winning. Iverson was always "the man", and no one could shine his shoes, and this is why players weren't flocking to play with him in an effort to win a title.

Iverson sold tickets, put up points, was a joy to watch, and is most definitely a first-ballot hall of famer. I would also place him in the top 15 guards of all time.

vCash
    first ballot without question. he was a way better pass then u got credit for too

Top 50 player of all-time

look at the Sixers roster in 2001 when we went to the finals. That will answer the first part of your question

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    Hell Yeah He Is ! He started alot of trends & made stuff popular The Sleeve, Headband, & Tats. And have the stats to prove it, I just hope he gets a chance to play again.

Your Moms Best Friend.

vCash
    AI will not be a 1st ballot HOF'er, but he will get in for sure, and should. He gets plenty of credit I think. I don't think the man is a top 25-30 player of all time, but he was a very marketable player for the NBA, and was an exciting player on the floor.

He will be a HOF'er. He should have worked on his game and body more if he really wanted to continue playing, but it's too late for that now I suppose.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    The more I think of it, I have a hard time putting him in my top 40 ever. He will still be in the HOF however, and I have no issue with that.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    first ballot no doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBrav000 View Post
    1st ballot yes, greatest player under 6'2 of all time, yes and greatest Sixer of all time no but he's the 2nd best right after Julius Erving and no question was he better than Charles Barkley and Moses Malone in philly.
    Please. How many titles did AI win? Unh Hunh.

AI is far from the greatest under 6' 2" player ever, you need to learn more about NBA history.

Volume scorer, poor defender, cancerous jerk - that's the summary.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    Srsy? GTFO you have to be the biggest Iverson hater on the planet he wasnt a selfish me frist guy at all who else did he have to score when he was at his peak?
    Dressing room cancer as well....

and during his denver games the man passed the ball all the time even in his rookie year he has 7 apg. for a 2 he passed the ball alot By that logic more then have the 2s of all time where selfish cancers including michael jordan. wanna retract the selfish statment? and really... if you would take Mo over iverson you have got some mental issues to work out
    Retract? For what flimsy opinions dressed up as "facts". Find someone of vastly less basketball IQ and will power if that's what you want. He was trash.

In case you forgot, basketball is played by a team of 5 guys, with 7 more guys on the bench. Mo Cheeks was able to fit in far better then AI - fact. I don't want a #2 that can heave shots (at poor percentages), and get posted up constantly. Heck at his peak, I'd take Andrew Toney over AI as well.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    To me AI definitely is a first ballot HOF-er, but I saw him primarily as a scorer, and not much else..

Plus every time someone mentions Iverson I have the biggest urge to say "Practice?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvo View Post
    Hell Yeah He Is ! He started alot of trends & made stuff popular The Sleeve, Headband, & Tats. And have the stats to prove it, I just hope he gets a chance to play again.
    He bailed out of Turkey last year after what 7 games? He'll never play in the NBA again. Stats? Nice PPG stats, how many shots did he have to hoist to get them?

Being a fan doesn't explain or excuse everything. Do attempt some objectivity folks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    first ballot without question. he was a way better pass then u got credit for too

Top 50 player of all-time

look at the Sixers roster in 2001 when we went to the finals. That will answer the first part of your question
    You mean that the East was weak in that era? I didn't bring it up, but it's a fact. How'd they do?

vCash
    one of my favorites of all time... i dont know if hes hall of fame worthy but the best 6 ft and under player ever

Thanks 2 knicksr4real for holdn nycsports down with the hottest sig on psd!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLa_Land View Post
    Iverson is the perfect example of how a self-centered, selfish, "me-first" player can become one of the greats...but cannot win a championship.

Kobe has taken a backseat to Shaq, Jordan has on numerous occasions taken a backseat to Pippen, because it was all in the best interest of the team...and above all, winning. Iverson was always "the man", and no one could shine his shoes, and this is why players weren't flocking to play with him in an effort to win a title.

Iverson sold tickets, put up points, was a joy to watch, and is most definitely a first-ballot hall of famer. I would also place him in the top 15 guards of all time.
    Iverson had to be the selfish player he was because he never had a Scottie Piippen or a Shaq to be second to. If you ever watched the sixers his best "sidekick" was Mutombo who wasn't much of a scoring threat. If Iverson had all star teammates he would have been possibly a better teammate. To bring your team to the finals single handed is pretty amazing.

vCash
    It shouldn't even be a question that he is a HOFer.

I find it very amazing that among the top 30 in nba history, Iverson is 17 among all time points. The amazing part...he is third with fewest games played.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Dressing room cancer as well....

Retract? For what flimsy opinions dressed up as "facts". Find someone of vastly less basketball IQ and will power if that's what you want. He was trash.

In case you forgot, basketball is played by a team of 5 guys, with 7 more guys on the bench. Mo Cheeks was able to fit in far better then AI - fact. I don't want a #2 that can heave shots (at poor percentages), and get posted up constantly. Heck at his peak, I'd take Andrew Toney over AI as well.
    Mo Cheeks has JULIUS ERVING AKA DR. FREAKING J!!!! Oh and he was teammates with Moses Malone, Andrew Toney, and Charles Barkley.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast