Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    I can't disagree with anything that you said, but I think it has to be taken with a grain of salt. If you were an all-time great talent on a team whose starting lineup also included Eric Snow, Aaron McKey and Todd McCullough.... really? Who does he defer to? Of course he won't hit a high percentage of shots when he's 5'10 and there's literally nobody else on that team capable of creating. If he had been lucky and gotten drafted by the Spurs like Tim Duncan, are you telling me that he wouldn't have developed in a different manner?
    Stats are very telling but I think there's more than numbers needed to determine the importance of a career. Iverson showed that you can be small and make a difference, like Thomas, Archibald, Murphy before him. Also, if somebody like VC had half of Iverson's heart he could have had a career closer to that of Kobe Bryant than Latrell Spreewell
    This sums it up. AI was the greatest player I ever seen play to me, just because of how small he is. I played ball through HS, (Only 20) but Allen made me what to play like every game was the last one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOf215 View Post
    The greatest Sixer of all time???

Greater than Dr J? Wilt Chamberlain? Charles Barkley? Moses Malone?

I like Iverson as much as the next guy.... but c'mon man.
    1st ballot yes, greatest player under 6'2 of all time, yes and greatest Sixer of all time no but he's the 2nd best right after Julius Erving and no question was he better than Charles Barkley and Moses Malone in philly.
    Check out the Pecks, the Abs are made of steel... This is the real life Johnny B.
    By the way, the hat is Brooklyn, not Boston, sorry Bean Heads.

vCash
    1st Ballot no question

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOf215 View Post
    The greatest Sixer of all time???

Greater than Dr J? Wilt Chamberlain? Charles Barkley? Moses Malone?

I like Iverson as much as the next guy.... but c'mon man.
    WILT>Dr J>AI>Barkley>Malone
    Yea i would take AI over those two anyday thank you but wilt and J sorry Iverson .. but theres a limit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I'd take Mo Cheeks over him all day long. Hal Greer in his time - easily over AI.

Going to other positions: Moses, Wilt, Schayes, Barkley, Billy C., Bobby Jones (top 10 underrated NBA player all time) are all guys I'd rather have, even if several were not there very long.
    Srsy? GTFO you have to be the biggest Iverson hater on the planet he wasnt a selfish me frist guy at all who else did he have to score when he was at his peak? and during his denver games the man passed the ball all the time even in his rookie year he has 7 apg. for a 2 he passed the ball alot By that logic more then have the 2s of all time where selfish cancers including michael jordan. wanna retract the selfish statment? and really... if you would take Mo over iverson you have got some mental issues to work out

vCash
    AI wasn't better than Chuck, Dr J, Malone or Wilt what are guys smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    I think he's a hof'er but people who now hate isolation or "ball stoppers" iverson was the ultimate 1 on 1 high volume scorer - lots of shots and low percentage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Pleeeease... He's 205th all time in WS/48. He was a meh defender at best (sorry steals don't make up for everything) A guy very close to the top of the list in FGA and FTA - and nowhere to be seen in the FTM and FGM or % categories.

Didn't do much in the playoffs.

Will he get into the HOF? For sure. Would I want one of my sons to emulate him (outside of the paycheck)? **** no.
    sorry i watched him play not just looked at ******** stats that people make up cause they got nothing else to do.

vCash
    He may be a 1st ballot Hall of Famer but he was overrated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbramforskins21 View Post
    This sums it up. AI was the greatest player I ever seen play to me, just because of how small he is. I played ball through HS, (Only 20) but Allen made me what to play like every game was the last one.
    This is a point i always try to make, just watching him play, you know he was better than everyone else on the court. Also, I have to say iverson's best season was the 2004-2005 season his team was just horrible defensively and bad offensively that season. He was so amazing that season, I don't care what anyone says he was the best player in the league that season. despite shaq and nash being ahead of him in mvp voting.

vCash
    I dont know about 1st ballot because lots of greats have had to wait, either way it shouldnt take anything away from him. The HOF is a joke, he should get in.

As for why he gets hated on, well I think your confusing hate with criticism, and in my case its because throughout his prime people used terms like he "Carried trash to the Finals" yet somehow was unable to carry trash to the playoffs. He got all the credit for his teams success even though his teams won games on the defensive end (Something he didnt contribute to) and his offensive game could be surpassed by lots of players, they just didnt chuck to his degree.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Have had this debate with friends for a lonnnnnggggg time, just HOF or not.

He is definitely a first ballot guy on stats alone but dont know if they gon let him in on the first try. If he doesnt get in I dont know what HOF credentials are.

His numbers are absolutely ridiculous, better than just about anybody you can think of. 6th all time in PPG. Nuff said

vCash
    lol didnt reggie miller just get in? and he wasnt close to the player iverson was, not even close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBrav000 View Post
    1st ballot yes, greatest player under 6'2 of all time, yes and greatest Sixer of all time no but he's the 2nd best right after Julius Erving and no question was he better than Charles Barkley and Moses Malone in philly.
    you know who isiah thomas is?

i hate when people do this to me but, how old are you? seriously?

vCash
    yes and yes enough said, though he never won a championship he never really had help
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast