Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    vCash
    The only player his size that was just as good or better than him was Isaiah Thomas. Outside of Thomas, no other player Iverson's size has dominated the league like he did. First ballot HOFer for sure.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix3132 View Post
    How can you attribute Iverson helping other players ppg but not their shooting percentage? Other players didn't score much because iverson dominated the ball but when they scored, it was easy, because iverson dominated the ball, but i guess those were all inflated assist numbers.

You're talking about eliminate his 5 worst shots a game? That's revisionist history and not even an argument. What if this, what if that, when in reality, Iverson missed a lot of easy shots and made a lot of bad shots, he was a streaky shooter so who decides which of his shots were his worst 5, 5 he misses? Every player would be a million times better if they didn't take 5 shots they missed per game but that's all a fantasy.

Sure maybe if iverson looked for his teammates more he may have been more popular, may have even still been in the league, but he wouldn't have ever made it to the finals with any of the rosters the sixers had without being the player he was.
    WTH? You've clearly taken me out of context. Read a few more of my posts.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Don't bother. Bagwell spends all his free time arguing about Iverson. Reason/logic need not apply because he won't look at it objectively.
    At least I know WTH I am talking about.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    The only player his size that was just as good or better than him was Isaiah Thomas. Outside of Thomas, no other player Iverson's size has dominated the league like he did. First ballot HOFer for sure.
    Size has nothing to do with it. A player is effective or not. For a supposed near GOAT player Iverson was stunningly inefficient, and very poor at bringing out the best in his teammates. He was also toxic for his Coaches to deal with.

He is going to the HOF for sure. But it should be the Hall of Infamy for his pernicious effect on the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    Size has nothing to do with it. A player is effective or not. For a supposed near GOAT player Iverson was stunningly inefficient, and very poor at bringing out the best in his teammates. He was also toxic for his Coaches to deal with.

He is going to the HOF for sure. But it should be the Hall of Infamy for his pernicious effect on the game.

Wait what!? We are talking about basketball right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay33 View Post
    Wait what!? We are talking about basketball right?
    Try not to break context. I was talking about effectiveness. The poster was trying to create the impression that Iverson was more impressive due to his lack of height.

Height has to do with where you play on the floor (he couldn't be a Center obviously). Iverson played like a #2, but had the size of a #1. That in itself has nothing to do with his effectiveness either. The fact that he was ineffective compared to the all time greats does matter however when speaking of a HOF nominee.

The large majority of fans are impressed with PPG and dunks far beyond their worth. Sort of like a 2 year old and a lolly pop that's 5 inches across. When you start to watch his entire game on the floor and conduct off of it, he becomes less and less impressive. He would never be in my HOF, but Mo Cheeks is. Remember pro basketball is a 5 on 5 game, not a 1 guy against the world - including his own teammates game.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 10-24-2012 at 07:42 AM.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930