Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    dont know any mvp that hasnt made it to the hall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakersfan2483 View Post
    Two part question: Why doesn't Allen Iverson get more credit for what he achieved in his career? Also, is he a 1st ballot hall of famer? Curious to see how people feel about him as a player.
    I don't believe your a 1st ballot hall a famer or not. I believer you are a hall of famer or ballet if you say well he's not good enough for a first ballet then you are saying he's not a hall of famer.

Iverson is the best or second best little man in NBA history, that makes him a lock for the hall. He could take over a game like few ever, he had no help his entire career, he was a magnet for steals, and a very solid defender that could be a great clutch defender.

He may not have hit a ton of buzzer beaters (1 I believe) but he created situations where a buzzer beater was unnecessary.
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    Wow, an Iverson thread without a SINGLE malicious comment about the guy.

That's a PSD first.
    KJ MCDANIELS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakersfan2483 View Post
    Two part question: Why doesn't Allen Iverson get more credit for what he achieved in his career? Also, is he a 1st ballot hall of famer? Curious to see how people feel about him as a player.
    tinder + match

Iverson was a me first selfish player. A volume scoring #2 in the body of a #1. Can you spell "post up"?

He was also a team and coach killer. I would rather have say a DJ on my team any day of the week.

Read the wiki on him for some good details.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    2nd greatest Sixer of all-time behind Dr. J.
    1st ballot hall of famer.
    I'd take Mo Cheeks over him all day long. Hal Greer in his time - easily over AI.

Going to other positions: Moses, Wilt, Schayes, Barkley, Billy C., Bobby Jones (top 10 underrated NBA player all time) are all guys I'd rather have, even if several were not there very long.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    dont know any mvp that hasnt made it to the hall.
    Spencer Haywood if you count the ABA.

vCash
    Ruined the nuggets a few years back and was one of the most selfish players to ever play. I still hope he has to live like common folk for the rest of his days though. He's definitely a first ballot hall of famer though

vCash
    If he isn't first ballot hall of famer than they are clearly bias against him. Iverson is a top 20 player of all time, he easily makes it in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyHillSwag View Post
    If he isn't first ballot hall of famer than they are clearly bias against him. Iverson is a top 20 player of all time, he easily makes it in.
    Pleeeease... He's 205th all time in WS/48. He was a meh defender at best (sorry steals don't make up for everything) A guy very close to the top of the list in FGA and FTA - and nowhere to be seen in the FTM and FGM or % categories.

Didn't do much in the playoffs.

Will he get into the HOF? For sure. Would I want one of my sons to emulate him (outside of the paycheck)? **** no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post
    You definitely don't need a zone defense to defend a big man. Just double him.

Of course AI is a 1st ballot hall of fame player. Growing up in the city I love the guy and wish him the best of course.
    actually he's right. i remember when it happend and all. it was to help double shaq down low.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeoulBeatz View Post

That's a PSD first.
    Haha you spoke too soon

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    This is a no doubter in my mind. He was a dominant player for a long time and really didn't have a lot of help. The reason he never got any love was because he was portrayed as a jerk, deservedly or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeoulBeatz View Post

That's a PSD first.
    Lol bagwell found the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Pleeeease... He's 205th all time in WS/48. He was a meh defender at best (sorry steals don't make up for everything) A guy very close to the top of the list in FGA and FTA - and nowhere to be seen in the FTM and FGM or % categories.

Didn't do much in the playoffs.

Will he get into the HOF? For sure. Would I want one of my sons to emulate him (outside of the paycheck)? **** no.
    I can't disagree with anything that you said, but I think it has to be taken with a grain of salt. If you were an all-time great talent on a team whose starting lineup also included Eric Snow, Aaron McKey and Todd McCullough.... really? Who does he defer to? Of course he won't hit a high percentage of shots when he's 5'10 and there's literally nobody else on that team capable of creating. If he had been lucky and gotten drafted by the Spurs like Tim Duncan, are you telling me that he wouldn't have developed in a different manner?
    Stats are very telling but I think there's more than numbers needed to determine the importance of a career. Iverson showed that you can be small and make a difference, like Thomas, Archibald, Murphy before him. Also, if somebody like VC had half of Iverson's heart he could have had a career closer to that of Kobe Bryant than Latrell Spreewell

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    I can't disagree with anything that you said, but I think it has to be taken with a grain of salt. If you were an all-time great talent on a team whose starting lineup also included Eric Snow, Aaron McKey and Todd McCullough.... really? Who does he defer to? Of course he won't hit a high percentage of shots when he's 5'10 and there's literally nobody else on that team capable of creating. If he had been lucky and gotten drafted by the Spurs like Tim Duncan, are you telling me that he wouldn't have developed in a different manner?
    Stats are very telling but I think there's more than numbers needed to determine the importance of a career. Iverson showed that you can be small and make a difference, like Thomas, Archibald, Murphy before him. Also, if somebody like VC had half of Iverson's heart he could have had a career closer to that of Kobe Bryant than Latrell Spreewell
    Would Iverson have been more effective as a player on a perennially good team? Common sense says yes. But his Denver teams were even stronger then the '00-'01 team, and they didn't go anywhere. Inconclusive.

As a person, his little bowling alley tiff, comments, behavior, etc.? He's subtraction by addition as a teammate and person. That's enough to leave him off of any top 20 lists () I'd probably be putting together all time 5 man team number 25 before I even started to consider him.

Murphy never won anything and was a big defensive liability.

Archibald won a title as the 4th most important player on a team, and if McHale played more it would be 5th. And another defensive liability.

Thomas was a very fine/excellent player on two of the deepest title teams ever seen. He was a good deal taller then the other 3, and had some serious defensive erasers behind him. Him I would take - and yes his env helped him. But he wasn't the sort of guy that would give us the "practice...." routine or walk out on his two year deal in Turkey last year.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast