Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 441
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix3132 View Post
    What came first the chicken or the egg? Could Iverson not get over his shoot first ways or did he not have anyone else to really pass it to?
    I've already blown that argument to smithereens. In his MVP season, he most certainly did. Don't look at their PPG, due in large part to Iverson. Look at the shooting percentages. In one view 5 players had a better one then he did, in another 9 did. Now I'm not saying each guy should have had 4 more shots a game. I'm saying distributed to the guys he played with if he had given up his worst 5 shots (meaning most unlikely to make them) and instead found a better pass, that the balance of scoring would have been better, and the team totals would have been higher. Your argument is like starving someone, then blaming them for being skinny.

    many (including me) believed igoudala could turn into a 22/5/5 type player if he could get out of iverson's shadow but clearly he didn't.
    and the reason was...?


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BROOKLYN
    Posts
    1,865
    vCash
    1500
    he changed basketball. fashion wise and playing wise
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    Westbrook is like a younger version of A.I. mixed w/ 23 yr. old Kobe.
    WELCOME TO PSD


  3. #423
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Losoway View Post
    he changed basketball. fashion wise and playing wise
    Like fashion has anyplace in the game? Give me a break.

    Playing wise? True - since AI - there have been more wannabe selfish, me first jerks than ever before. Congrats.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368:22293048
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyHillSwag View Post
    If he isn't first ballot hall of famer than they are clearly bias against him. Iverson is a top 20 player of all time, he easily makes it in.
    Pleeeease... He's 205th all time in WS/48. He was a meh defender at best (sorry steals don't make up for everything) A guy very close to the top of the list in FGA and FTA - and nowhere to be seen in the FTM and FGM or % categories.

    Didn't do much in the playoffs.

    Will he get into the HOF? For sure. Would I want one of my sons to emulate him (outside of the paycheck)? **** no.

    You are aware his 29.7 ppg in the playoffs is 2nd all time to Jordan right? Lol

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,320
    vCash
    1500
    He was so dominant. Kind of wished that he had a greater supporting cast. Despite the whole Practice clip that gets brought up every time, when it came to game time he really brought it. And, let's be honest a lot of these athletes are clubbing or doing whatever, they just present a fake goody persona.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,320
    vCash
    1500
    I didn't really like how any of Iverson's teams were constructed. If he had gone to a more fundamentally sound team like the championship Spurs in their prime, one of the Laker champ teams, etc..

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbiefan_est88 View Post
    You are aware his 29.7 ppg in the playoffs is 2nd all time to Jordan right? Lol
    You are aware that his shooting percentages sucked in the playoffs too - they were down from regular season, but most players are. So big deal you might say.

    Take 26.5 FGA a game and 8.8 FTA - 29.7 PPG actually ****ing sucks given those shot totals.

    Wilt took 17.1 FGA and 10.2 FTA per playoff game - sucked at FT's and still managed 22.5 PPG in the playoffs.

    7.2 more points per game on 9.4 more FGA and 1.4 less FTA than WIlt (with a .299 better FT% then Wilt). Evn with that crap FT%, Wilt would have scored 2.8 more points a game then Iverson if he took as many 2 point shots as Iverson did. Wilt is criticized forever for shooting too much. Imagine that, outshot by a guy that came to his armpit, at worse percentages.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 10-19-2012 at 10:35 AM.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    I didn't really like how any of Iverson's teams were constructed. If he had gone to a more fundamentally sound team like the championship Spurs in their prime, one of the Laker champ teams, etc..
    He would have screwed the fabric of those teams too. It's what and who he was. Only his die hard fans actually believe what you say. Take a reading of the thread, non Philly fans are well against him - for good reason.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    293
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOf215 View Post
    The greatest Sixer of all time???

    Greater than Dr J? Wilt Chamberlain? Charles Barkley? Moses Malone?

    I like Iverson as much as the next guy.... but c'mon man.
    He might not be the greatest player ever in a sixers uniform. Chamberlain and Barkley are definitely ahead of him in all time ranking, but in terms of what he did for the team and meant for the city and organization I think the argument can be made that he is the greatest sixer of all time.

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    541
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I've already blown that argument to smithereens. In his MVP season, he most certainly did. Don't look at their PPG, due in large part to Iverson. Look at the shooting percentages. In one view 5 players had a better one then he did, in another 9 did. Now I'm not saying each guy should have had 4 more shots a game. I'm saying distributed to the guys he played with if he had given up his worst 5 shots (meaning most unlikely to make them) and instead found a better pass, that the balance of scoring would have been better, and the team totals would have been higher. Your argument is like starving someone, then blaming them for being skinny.



    and the reason was...?
    How can you attribute Iverson helping other players ppg but not their shooting percentage? Other players didn't score much because iverson dominated the ball but when they scored, it was easy, because iverson dominated the ball, but i guess those were all inflated assist numbers.

    You're talking about eliminate his 5 worst shots a game? That's revisionist history and not even an argument. What if this, what if that, when in reality, Iverson missed a lot of easy shots and made a lot of bad shots, he was a streaky shooter so who decides which of his shots were his worst 5, 5 he misses? Every player would be a million times better if they didn't take 5 shots they missed per game but that's all a fantasy.

    Sure maybe if iverson looked for his teammates more he may have been more popular, may have even still been in the league, but he wouldn't have ever made it to the finals with any of the rosters the sixers had without being the player he was.

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    7,255
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix3132 View Post
    How can you attribute Iverson helping other players ppg but not their shooting percentage? Other players didn't score much because iverson dominated the ball but when they scored, it was easy, because iverson dominated the ball, but i guess those were all inflated assist numbers.

    You're talking about eliminate his 5 worst shots a game? That's revisionist history and not even an argument. What if this, what if that, when in reality, Iverson missed a lot of easy shots and made a lot of bad shots, he was a streaky shooter so who decides which of his shots were his worst 5, 5 he misses? Every player would be a million times better if they didn't take 5 shots they missed per game but that's all a fantasy.

    Sure maybe if iverson looked for his teammates more he may have been more popular, may have even still been in the league, but he wouldn't have ever made it to the finals with any of the rosters the sixers had without being the player he was.
    Don't bother. Bagwell spends all his free time arguing about Iverson. Reason/logic need not apply because he won't look at it objectively.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    802
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbiefan_est88 View Post
    You are aware his 29.7 ppg in the playoffs is 2nd all time to Jordan right? Lol
    on 40%fg and 49%TS.
    also played 45 minutes a game.
    Last edited by dh144498; 10-19-2012 at 05:08 PM.

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    8,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dh144498 View Post
    on 40%fg and 49%TS.
    also played 45 minutes a game.
    That's not really a good thing in case you didn't notice.


    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,785
    vCash
    1500
    4x scoring champion, a league mvp, 2 all-star game mvps, a finals appearance, ROY, Bronze Medal. Brought in new culture to the NBA and his generation of players like him, Kobe, Shaq, KG, Duncan, Kidd etc. kept the NBA afloat following Jordan's retirement in '98.


    First ballot no doubt.

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    4x scoring champion, a league mvp, 2 all-star game mvps, a finals appearance, ROY, Bronze Medal. Brought in new culture to the NBA and his generation of players like him, Kobe, Shaq, KG, Duncan, Kidd etc. kept the NBA afloat following Jordan's retirement in '98.


    First ballot no doubt.
    you mean brought **** me first, ghetto im gangsta and i dont need to work cause im too great for it. attitude to a new generation of players.


    He shoudl be removed from book records, and edited out digitally from old games videos just for 1.

    #1 catalist for all what is wrong in todays nba.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •