Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    tinder + match

Iverson was a me first selfish player. A volume scoring #2 in the body of a #1. Can you spell "post up"?

He was also a team and coach killer. I would rather have say a DJ on my team any day of the week.

Read the wiki on him for some good details.
    ARE YOU SRS BAGWELL for once In your DAMN life can u give iverson a SHREAD of credit...like your srsly reaching the level of trolling at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by broncofangene View Post
    Ruined the nuggets a few years back and was one of the most selfish players to ever play. I still hope he has to live like common folk for the rest of his days though. He's definitely a first ballot hall of famer though
    How in Hell did he Ruin the nuggets? LOL they went no where before he got there and no where when he left there.. there was 1 year with chancy they looked like a legit threat but the change was less too do with losing iverson and more to do with gaining Billups that team needed a floor general more than it needed scoring it never made sense for them to trade for AI in the frist place However AI was unquestionably better than mello at the time and during his time on the nuggets he was Far more unselfish on the court than at any other point in his carrer minus his 2nd stint with the sixers i sware some of the things u guys pull out of your *** to blame on iverson XD... why is it mello doesnt get this much hate hes more of a ball stoper than Iverson ever was

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    ARE YOU SRS BAGWELL for once In your DAMN life can u give iverson a SHREAD of credit...like your srsly reaching the level of trolling at this point.
    It's an old post. What do you care, I don't get to vote for the HOF. If I did, he wouldn't get my vote.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Would Iverson have been more effective as a player on a perennially good team? Common sense says yes. But his Denver teams were even stronger then the '00-'01 team, and they didn't go anywhere. Inconclusive.

As a person, his little bowling alley tiff, comments, behavior, etc.? He's subtraction by addition as a teammate and person. That's enough to leave him off of any top 20 lists () I'd probably be putting together all time 5 man team number 25 before I even started to consider him.

Murphy never won anything and was a big defensive liability.

Archibald won a title as the 4th most important player on a team, and if McHale played more it would be 5th. And another defensive liability.

Thomas was a very fine/excellent player on two of the deepest title teams ever seen. He was a good deal taller then the other 3, and had some serious defensive erasers behind him. Him I would take - and yes his env helped him. But he wasn't the sort of guy that would give us the "practice...." routine or walk out on his two year deal in Turkey last year.
    I stoped reading at this point let me get some things off of my chest becuase that statement is just burtally unfair
    1. Iverson Dispite being the best player on that team wasnt the focas of the team Mello was

2. Camby (the only part that made that cast threating defensivly was gone atfer iversons frist year there)

3. you complain about iverson ball stoping and being selfish but no one in this era is more selfish than mello hell there where even reports at the time mello wanted iverson gone becuase he felt he wasnt getting the ball enough. i dont know how true that was but it was a thing

4. both before AI got there and atfer he left the nuggets went no where its pretty hard to do anything when the lakers had the league on lock down at the time but its fair to say they where a top 4 team in the west

5. look at the nuggets atfer mello left they got better and the knicks got wrose atfer aquireing mello and that trend is continuing u can argue all u want that the knicks gave up to much for mello but that still remains a fact

6. AI was forced into the role of a point guard in denver sure he had good years there but it wasnt his natural role and finally the major problem with all of AIs teams outside of 2001 is he never had the dominate big REQUIRED to win consistently in the nba Denver had camby who they gave away for nothing before the team had time to Gel you cant possibly blame the messy situation in denver on AI

vCash
    It's an old post. What do you care, I don't get to vote for the HOF. If I did, he wouldn't get my vote.
    Becuase its irrateing i see you in every iverson related thread just waiting to say something negative. you oppoin on him isnt remotely objective in fact im sure u really didnt even wacth him play or follow his career at all u do nothing but spout common media garbage like he wasn't a team player and the few times u do say anything Objective its about win share stats and FG% as if that really tells the whole story. Tell me Do you have this big of an issue about any other player? i mean really

vCash
    4sure

vCash
    I Take Iverson over Barkley no questions asked
    but as for wilt
    DJ j and
    malone no
    But in fairness to AI he played with us much longer than wilt
    So strickly as i SIXERS player yea id call him Top 3 somone calling him the best is wrong but its not totally insane.
    DJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Iverson and it's not even close.

vCash
    I stoped reading at this point let me get some things off of my chest becuase that statement is just burtally unfair
    1. Iverson Dispite being the best player on that team wasnt the focas of the team Mello was

2. Camby (the only part that made that cast threating defensivly was gone atfer iversons frist year there)

3. you complain about iverson ball stoping and being selfish but no one in this era is more selfish than mello hell there where even reports at the time mello wanted iverson gone becuase he felt he wasnt getting the ball enough. i dont know how true that was but it was a thing

4. both before AI got there and atfer he left the nuggets went no where its pretty hard to do anything when the lakers had the league on lock down at the time but its fair to say they where a top 4 team in the west

5. look at the nuggets atfer mello left they got better and the knicks got wrose atfer aquireing mello and that trend is continuing u can argue all u want that the knicks gave up to much for mello but that still remains a fact

6. AI was forced into the role of a point guard in denver sure he had good years there but it wasnt his natural role and finally the major problem with all of AIs teams outside of 2001 is he never had the dominate big REQUIRED to win consistently in the nba Denver had camby who they gave away for nothing before the team had time to Gel you cant possibly blame the messy situation in denver on AI
    I won't argue about Melo being in the same class with Iverson in terms of shoot first no guilt shooters. They both suck - agreed.

Iverson doesn't have a natural role. He's the size of a PG, but didn't have the feel for playing it well. He couldn't get over his shoot first ways.

He's a SG by how he plays, except the size. He's not an elite SG because his shooting percentages are middle of the road - certainly considering the slobbering of his hole that gets done around here.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Becuase its irrateing i see you in every iverson related thread just waiting to say something negative. you oppoin on him isnt remotely objective in fact im sure u really didnt even wacth him play or follow his career at all u do nothing but spout common media garbage like he wasn't a team player and the few times u do say anything Objective its about win share stats and FG% as if that really tells the whole story. Tell me Do you have this big of an issue about any other player? i mean really
    Go read the other thread the past few hundred posts, lots of high quality objective posts there written by me. Certainly not rife with typing errors, run on sentences, and logical faux pas like some.

Yes, I dislike all heavers (either because of low percentage shooting or because they didn't work on D). I hate Dominique - probably more then AI since he had more talent and more size and could make an impact in more ways. I hate Vanderwege (sp) too. There are a few dozen, but, nobody discusses them because you have to be older then 20 to have seen them.

vCash
    Without a Doubt. He was the best scorer of his ERA. Biggest Heart. Sorry he didnt win a ring put him on the Lakers him and Shaq.....HAHA. He went to Denver in the decline of his career. If they actually gave him a top 10-15 NBA scorer with Dikembe then he would have multiple rings. Call him a ball hog all you want but when you look up and down every philly roster you can chuckle. Eric Snow as the starting PG for 4-5 years. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. MAtt Hapering! Tyron Hill! Matt GIEGER! CMON SON!

vCash
    Ofcourse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PapelbonLester View Post
    Without a Doubt. He was the best scorer of his ERA. Biggest Heart. Sorry he didnt win a ring put him on the Lakers him and Shaq.....HAHA. He went to Denver in the decline of his career. If they actually gave him a top 10-15 NBA scorer with Dikembe then he would have multiple rings. Call him a ball hog all you want but when you look up and down every philly roster you can chuckle. Eric Snow as the starting PG for 4-5 years. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. MAtt Hapering! Tyron Hill! Matt GIEGER! CMON SON!
    Funny about that decline of his career, sure seemed he got the bums rush at the end. Maybe everyone was sick of his **** finally.

Here is a conversation towards the end of Iverson's career:

Barkley: He’s going to have to come off the bench and realize that no team is going to start him and let him dribble around and be the number one player. Those days are over.

Kenny Smith: Can’t New Jersey Nets, who are on a 16 game losing streak and New York Knicks who are 3-11 use him?

Barkley: “If he goes to those teams, they are basically saying that ‘We’re not going to win, he’s coming in to sell tickets. If he goes to the Knicks they are going to win 20 games, if he goes to New Jersey they’re going to win 20 games.”

################################################## ###############

J.A. Adande (ESPN) 2009:

“Of course, there isn’t a single player as difficult to incorporate into a new system as Iverson. The experiment with Carmelo Anthony in Denver didn’t work out. He dominated the ball too much, played at a speed no one else could keep up with, and didn’t do enough to get everyone else involved. Now he has to follow a pattern that’s been set before him. The older veteran yielding, acknowledging he can no longer dominate, helping out where he can.”

################################################## #################

Just a few more things to think about when he gets elected.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 10-18-2012 at 09:28 PM.

vCash
    I won't argue about Melo being in the same class with Iverson in terms of shoot first no guilt shooters. They both suck - agreed.

Iverson doesn't have a natural role. He's the size of a PG, but didn't have the feel for playing it well. He couldn't get over his shoot first ways.

He's a SG by how he plays, except the size. He's not an elite SG because his shooting percentages are middle of the road - certainly considering the slobbering of his hole that gets done around here.
    What came first the chicken or the egg? Could Iverson not get over his shoot first ways or did he not have anyone else to really pass it to?

The Philly teams he was on were very strangely put together, he never played with another serious scoring threat and while they had solid rosters, it was all role players and solid defenders, nobody you would want having the ball at the end of the shot clock in the 1st quarter let alone the end of the game. During his last years in philly, many (including me) believed igoudala could turn into a 22/5/5 type player if he could get out of iverson's shadow but clearly he didn't.

His time in Denver was equally bizarre, even though they played different positions, melo/ai are VERY similar players and it seemed more like a move to sell jersey's rather than win playoff series.

I won't even bring up his time in detroit

Btw, anyone else think its funny igoudala ended up getting traded to Denver also?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PapelbonLester View Post
    Without a Doubt. He was the best scorer of his ERA.
    But was inefficient and ******** the offense of the rest of his team on the floor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    Shaq brought the zone back
    Holy ****! your sig

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast