Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover:22292045
    Quote Originally Posted by QueensG View Post
    I love iverson..he's probably in my top 3 favorite players and im a knick fan...he was so good, quick, deadly, consistant. He did change the game as far as tats and he def started the arm sleave trend. he was so exciting to watch and is only 6'2. he dominated games...first ballot in my eyes for sure
    Your definitely giving AI a solid 3 inches calling him 6'2.
    lol I always did think he looked shorter then listed but either way..dude was just nasty!!!! fearless!!!

vCash
    1st ballot..

vCash
    2nd greatest Sixer of all-time behind Dr. J.
    1st ballot hall of famer.
    I think he gets his props and will be appreciated more overtime.

For a while this dude was the FACE of the NBA... good and bad

And he's definitely has game left, he's been colluded against honestly...
    Wish the Knicks were smart and pick him up.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    The man changed the game, brought the zone def back. Tatts, arm sleeves braids
    Lol....I actually give a lot of credit to franices and mobley for the zone thing as well. I love them but when two 3rd tier player are absolutely unguardable. The NBA new it was time to change the rules. The advent of all the different kinds of "illegal" dribble ( Atleast that's what the old schoolers call it) + ISo's made them a freaking nightmare. But A.I. did start all that ****.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    His practice comments and lazy approach to everything besides basketball probably detracts from what he did in some peoples eyes. Not mine. He was the greatest sixer of all time. He was so good its scary. Noone that quick and with a handle like that has no business being a knock down pull up jump shooter. And he could finish strong and would posterize you if you let him hit the lane full speed. Best player under 6-2 of all time.
    Definitely not the greatest 76er of all time. There were a couple great players that donned a sixer uniform, especially on that championship team in the early 80's (I think '83)

And he wasn't the greatest player under 6 '2. That title is firmly held by Isiah Thomas. Now that guy was incredible and definitely the greatest Piston of all time, but that's another topic.

I'd say he's a lock though for being a first ballot Hall of Famer.

vCash
    Why he doesn't get much credit? Because he never built relationships with many people in the media and therefore they won't spend time discussing him in a positive light. All the media does is joke about his his Practice comments from 10 years ago because that is the only quote they have from Iverson.

Is he a 1st ballot Hall of Famer? Yes. Definetly.

Dr. J is the greatest 76er of All-Time, but Iverson is a very close 2nd. Had he won a Championship with the terrible squads around him he would be #1.

vCash
    though i thoroughly enjoyed seeing his down years, yes is a first ballot player.

this guy gave his heart and soul, sweat and tears to the game. and never got full credit for what he accomplished. the nba hated the guy and tried to tarnish his career but he just kept bringing it.

i will never forget when he stepped over tyrone lue in the finals lol god thing that was the only game they won!

2012-2013 Los Angeles Lakers
    The Story Continues

vCash
    1st ballot guy.

Interesting note on his height, my Uncle is the executive chief at MSG and rode in an elevator with Iverson and didn't realize it was him because he was so small. He said hes really like 5'9-5'10. Said he was cool though.

vCash

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6XNR...feature=relmfu

man i can't watch this without feeling terrible for the guy. seems very humbled by his recent struggles. I do wish some team would give him a chance as an off the bench scorer, not sure if he's got anything left in the tank though.

Crazy how age changes people. Stephon Marbury and Iverson have matured a ton over the years. Marbury is like a GOD in China now haha.
    KJ MCDANIELS

vCash
    If I have learned one thing about the Basketball Hall of Fame, its that they do not give away first ballots easily...those first ballots are reserved for the absolute elite players...A.I. is clearly worthy of the hall of fame, but because of how votes have gone in the past for just as deserving players, in their first year of eligibility, I do not think he gets in his first year.

vCash
    first ballot for sure ....he was like derrick rose 2.5 with a wet jumpshot and he was a trend setter....he was the first with braids ... neck tattoos arm sleeves . now that **** is common

vCash
    I honestly wouldn't be angry if he went to the HEAT, he would help them out

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post
    Your definitely giving AI a solid 3 inches calling him 6'2.
    That's what I was thinking he was 5'10 5'11 at best

vCash
    1st ballot for sure in my book. Changed the game in so many ways, one of my favorite players of all time for sure.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast