Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Top25? Thats disrespectful to alot of Alltime greats
    I know, Id be ashamed if a 6 foot player was better than me too.
    GIFSoup

My wonderful wife showing her skills

vCash
    A.I was one of the best Sg's he was consistent. So good he carried a team with Mcoullough, Aaron Mckie, Greg Buckner, Eric Snow and Tyronne Hill to the FINALS!! Since Tim Hardaway no one has had a better crossover than A.I

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by treglip View Post
    A.I was one of the best Sg's he was consistent. So good he carried a team with Mcoullough, Aaron Mckie, Greg Buckner, Eric Snow and Tyronne Hill to the FINALS!! Since Tim Hardaway no one has had a better crossover than A.I
    his crossover is not what made him great, but his ability to score. One of the top 5 scorers this league has ever seen.
    GIFSoup

vCash
    definetly i would say that as well to be a little over 6'0'' and under 190 to get to the rim and take all the abuse and still come out and be an elite player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyHillSwag View Post
    I know, Id be ashamed if a 6 foot player was better than me too.
    Why? What matters is what you do with your talent not what you couldve or shouldve done with it. Like Hakeem being 6"10 doesnt mean he didnt play like a 7 footer. Isiah Thomas being better than Patrick Ewing isnt embarrassing, both had natural advantages, all I care about is what they did with it.

The disrespect comes from placing a clearly inferior player above clearly superior winners.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by treglip View Post
    I wonder why it slipped your mind to include the DPOY and COY in your support argument. HMMMM... I wonder?

How come he can carry his team to the Finals (with sub40% shooting mind you) and yet not be able to carry his team to the playoffs another year? Sounds like BS to me. Maybe we should recognize its still a TEAM game and the Sixers made it to the Finals on the strength of their defense. So unless you can prove AI carried his teams defense (lmfao), then he most definitely didnt carry scrubs to the playoffs.

I mean do you have any idea how hard it is to find a PG who can defense SG's at an strong level? Thats what AI needs on his team, COMPLIMENTS. Thats what he had.

vCash
    It's no question that he's top 20 much less top 25 for me, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
    GIFSoup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    According to guys like Magic, Walton, Daly, and many others, there are about 7x great players then there actually were - if we are naive enough to believe the hyperbole.

Glad your satisfied. Iverson was a criminal, punk, blew his chances (and money), his legacy was failure as a teammate or human being.

He'll be in the HOF because the NBA doesn't want to (for political reasons) bring up the warts of a player, they'll just bring up his PPG, MVP, SPG, and that's it. He'll get a fete - but the NBA will heave a sigh of relief when the proceedings are done. And he brought it on himself. I don't hate the guy at all, I just report what I see, and what that means to me:

AI = L-O-S-E-R
    You do just hate him apparently. It's okay, I know he **** all over Pierce and Walker back in the days before the Celtics realized they'd never win without getting Pierce some serious help. Lots of people hate players and make things up about them (like the money thing you mentioned, which has been repeatedly shown to be false). Most people are at least decent enough to give credit where it's due, but you're entitled to ignore everything he did and what his peers and coaches said about him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Proof? OK:

In the Fall of 2006, Iverson demanded a trade, and was benched until he got it - to Denver

In the the 2006-2007 playoffs this vaunted Denver team won one game and then was swept by SAS (FG% .368 - OMG.

Iverson was fined $25k the following season for calling out a ref.

Then Iverson was dealt away in 11/08 to the Pistons (after getting swept by LAL in the first round). In the spring having lost his job to Stuckey and decided he'd rather retire - and two days later was deactivated for a back problem.

There is a lot more proof. But passion/putting everything into the game? Passion is playing hurt and playing hard until there are no more games to play, or your career is over. This guy quit, complained, beached his way through his career. AI was a malcontent, why does anyone find that great?
    It's easy to use the lack of playoff success in Denver as a knock on him when you didn't watch the games. I will never forget that series against the Lakers. Iverson, Kleiza, and Najera were the only 3 who showed up and played to win. They were playing their hearts out while Carmelo jogged down the court laughing as the Nuggets fell further and further behind. That image is burned into my memories. That was passion on the part of Iverson.

Everything you are using to knock him is from his passion and desire to win. He believed (rightfully so after his play in Denver), that the best chance for Detroit to win was for him to start. The problem was that Detroit had absolutely no intentions of winning that year, which is why Stuckey was allowed to play (poorly) as much as he was. Iverson was just there to sell tickets. He realized this and was understandably fed up. He wanted nothing more than to win, but was surrounded by a team that didn't care.

I will not defend the Grizzlies fiasco, as that I do blame him for.

vCash
    It's no question that he's top 20 much less top 25 for me, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
    Have you thought your list through? Top20 sounds insane to me.

Name the 15-25 that you think are near him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    It's easy to use the lack of playoff success in Denver as a knock on him when you didn't watch the games. I will never forget that series against the Lakers. Iverson, Kleiza, and Najera were the only 3 who showed up and played to win. They were playing their hearts out while Carmelo jogged down the court laughing as the Nuggets fell further and further behind. That image is burned into my memories. That was passion on the part of Iverson.

Everything you are using to knock him is from his passion and desire to win. He believed (rightfully so after his play in Denver), that the best chance for Detroit to win was for him to start. The problem was that Detroit had absolutely no intentions of winning that year, which is why Stuckey was allowed to play (poorly) as much as he was. Iverson was just there to sell tickets. He realized this and was understandably fed up. He wanted nothing more than to win, but was surrounded by a team that didn't care.

I will not defend the Grizzlies fiasco, as that I do blame him for.
    about that nuggets series, the only reason why they werent better than the lakers because marcus camby was a horrible man to man defender and pau was abusing the hell out of him. If nene was healthy they would of won.
    GIFSoup

vCash
    1. Michael Jordan
    2. Wilt Chamberlain
    3. Bill Russell
    4. Shaquille O’Neal
    5. Oscar Robertson
    6. Magic Johnson
    7. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    8. Tim Duncan
    9. Larry Bird
    10. Kobe Bryant
    11. Jerry West
    12. Elgin Baylor
    13. Hakeem Olajuwon
    14. Karl Malone
    15. Moses Malone
    16. Julius Erving
    17. John Havlicek
    18. Allen Iverson
    19. Isiah Thomas
    20. Charles Barkley
    21. Rick Barry
    22. John Stockton
    23. Lebron James
    24. Bob Cousy
    25. David Robinson

might as well move lebron higher though.
    GIFSoup

vCash
    1. Michael Jordan
    2. Wilt Chamberlain
    3. Bill Russell
    4. Shaquille O’Neal
    5. Oscar Robertson
    6. Magic Johnson
    7. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    8. Tim Duncan
    9. Larry Bird
    10. Kobe Bryant
    11. Jerry West
    12. Elgin Baylor
    13. Hakeem Olajuwon
    14. Karl Malone
    15. Moses Malone
    16. Julius Erving
    17. John Havlicek
    18. Allen Iverson
    19. Isiah Thomas
    20. Charles Barkley
    21. Rick Barry
    22. John Stockton
    23. Lebron James
    24. Bob Cousy
    25. David Robinson

might as well move lebron higher though.
    where is wade whats up with that yes allen iverson is HOF

vCash
    Definitely

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noakqqng3OQ

thought this might interest some people, refs hating on AI..

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast