Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    With the cap going up so much I really do think we have a legitimate shot at getting Parise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Assume we get Parise, are the Wings set for forwards?
    Filppula-Zetterberg-Fransen
    Parise-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
    Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary - gives the Wings a real gritty 3rd line
    4th line ?????
    Murray (UFA), Miller, Eaves, Nyquist, Homstrom(?), Conner, Emmerton, Mursak, Sheahan, Tatar, Brunnstrom, plus the Wings were looking at Moen and Gaustad at the trade deadline.
    Yeah, I let Hudler walk. For 4 million, the Wings have tons of options.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Assume we get Parise, are the Wings set for forwards?
    Filppula-Zetterberg-Fransen
    Parise-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
    Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary - gives the Wings a real gritty 3rd line
    4th line ?????
    Murray (UFA), Miller, Eaves, Nyquist, Homstrom(?), Conner, Emmerton, Mursak, Sheahan, Tatar, Brunnstrom, plus the Wings were looking at Moen and Gaustad at the trade deadline.
    Yeah, I let Hudler walk. For 4 million, the Wings have tons of options.
    I doubt Murray is around too long, but hey, who knows?

Gus should be up to third with Helmer, or even with Pavs on 1st. Sucks that Mule and Bert pretty much stop playing if they aren't with Pavs though. Really gives the 1st line 0 options. I like Conner, not sure why he's not a 4th liner yet. Emmerton, meh, not impressed (wish Gus was up for a longer span this past season). I wanna see Huds around for one more year. Why dump him after a great season? He, Fil and Z had the best chemistry. 4th line should be Homer/Abby/Conner. Eaves is better with Helmer. I'd like to see Gus/Helmer/Eaves on 3rd though. All grind there. There's too many forwards all of the sudden. Never thought I'd see a desperate need for D and surplus of offense. So, who goes, in all reality. Abby could go, We just resigned Miller and Eaves, for a reason (PK). I dunno...

vCash
    Speaking of Helms, Anyone have an update on his wrist injury?

Catches: 6 Yards: 72 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Speaking of Helms, Anyone have an update on his wrist injury?
    His cast is off. There's an article on the Wings PSD news page.

vCash
    Ahh thanks! I never look at the news pages lol only the threads.

Good to see he's expected to make a full recovery. He was sorely missed Vs. Nashville.

Catches: 6 Yards: 72 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Ahh thanks! I never look at the news pages lol only the threads.

Good to see he's expected to make a full recovery. He was sorely missed Vs. Nashville.
    fo sho. PK was noticably different in his absence. He and Eaves are really need on the PK.

vCash
    I think Hudler is going to doe what he does best, go for the money. I'm not a big a Hudler fan after he took to the Wings to arbitration and still walked. I agree he had a good year but, if the Wings get Parise they can use the 4 mil that Hudler will probably want to pay part of Parise's salary and do you really want Hudler long term? If they don't get Parise they could try for Doan (may leave), or Jokinen. I think both are an upgrade for roughly the same cap hit +/- a few bucks.
    I agree with you about Bert and Franzen. If the the Wings keep Franzen and he continues to play lazy, I think they should trade him. I think Bert plays harder than Franzen plus he is cheap and will retire soon.
    I would like to keep Abby. He had a 20 pt season, he hits, and fights. Abby, E, and Bert are our tough guys. I notice you didn't put Cleary in the lineup. Dang, where did all these forwards come from and how are the Wings going to work in ice time for the prospects?
    Not only do we have cap space, but it sure looks like we have some trade bait, too. Do I see a trade for another top line forward from the Western Conference. Wait for it, wait for it.....Dustin Brown. I really don't like Nash's 7.8 mil cap hit. That's Malkin money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I think Hudler is going to doe what he does best, go for the money. I'm not a big a Hudler fan after he took to the Wings to arbitration and still walked. I agree he had a good year but, if the Wings get Parise they can use the 4 mil that Hudler will probably want to pay part of Parise's salary and do you really want Hudler long term? If they don't get Parise they could try for Doan (may leave), or Jokinen. I think both are an upgrade for roughly the same cap hit +/- a few bucks.
    I agree with you about Bert and Franzen. If the the Wings keep Franzen and he continues to play lazy, I think they should trade him. I think Bert plays harder than Franzen plus he is cheap and will retire soon.
    I would like to keep Abby. He had a 20 pt season, he hits, and fights. Abby, E, and Bert are our tough guys. I notice you didn't put Cleary in the lineup. Dang, where did all these forwards come from and how are the Wings going to work in ice time for the prospects?
    Not only do we have cap space, but it sure looks like we have some trade bait, too. Do I see a trade for another top line forward from the Western Conference. Wait for it, wait for it.....Dustin Brown. I really don't like Nash's 7.8 mil cap hit. That's Malkin money.
    Not sure where to put Cleary...depends on what Cleary will show up next season, 2010-11 goal scoring Cleary or 11-12 playing hurt, non exsistant Cleary. I guess 3rd line, instead of Eaves. Abby isn't the fighter that he was supposed to be. He only got into what, 2 scraps last season? And his fights are booorrrrinnngggg. He's a good player, but to me there are hundreds of Abby's out there. Bert had better fights and those kinda sucked too.

vCash
    Okay, so we need to bring Kocur in to give lessons to Abby, E, and Bert and we need to make sure Quincey, Smith, and Kindl are given Kronwalling lessons.
    If I were letting someone go, I guess I would keep Abby and let Eaves go. Abby ranked 2nd on the team in hits with 148. Stuart had 177 and Kronwall had 133. You've probably guessed, I like players with grit. Did I mention Doan had 205 hits, 50 pts and Dustin Brown had 293 hits, 54 pts? And the Kings were wanting to trade Brown why? Oh please, see if they still want to trade him.

vCash
    Dustin Brown is the captain of this year's Cup champs, he's not going anywhere. I'll give Doan a 1% chance of leaving Phoenix. I'd have to agree with westhockeytown here Abdelkader isn't anything special at all and can easily be replaced. I'm not really a fan of Bertuzzi, but his shootout skills are actually pretty important. I still would rather have Nyquist than him with Datsyuk though. Everybody says he's useless if he's not with Datsyuk but Nyquist probably will be too. I just don't think he'll do much playing on the third or fourth line. He was nearly a ppg with Datsyuk and could've easily been much better than that if he would've taken advantage of his chances.

What I'd like to see next year for the top six is

Parise - Datsyuk - Nyquist
    Filppula - Zetterberg - Franzen
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    Love that top 6, I would also be just fine with Semin taking Parise's spot if we cant get him...Im fine with Bert on the third line along with Cleary and Helm. That would leave Miller-Abby-Eaves bottom line, which im ok with. The only thing I dont like is that means that there is not that much change from last year, we dont add much grit and I think last year we were more then a few pieces away from a deep run. I really think we have some pieces to make a minor trade for a defender or top 6 if we know we are not going to get Parise or Suter.

vCash
    Well we would be adding the best forward available in Parise. He may be only one player but he changes the team quite a bit imo. The last couple years the first line has been Datsyuk and two others. Mine as well call it the Datsyuk line. If Datsyuk had a bad game, that line really didn't do much most games. Franzen is just too inconsistent. Now he would have an All-Star in Parise who is getting back to his pre-surgery form now. If Datsyuk is having an off game, Parise could easily step it up. Nyquist would be the perfect complimentary player to those two. Kind of like Hagelin with Richards and Gaborik in New York.

vCash
    These are my 3 lines

Parise-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
    Filppula-Zetterberg-Franzen (or ever who we got in the trade)
    Nyquist-Helm-Cleary
    Abby and ??? on the 4th. Another kid and checker.
    I think Nyquist needs more development time and this is like what - 1 1/2 kids and a goat.
    Franzen starts that lazy crap, he drops to the 3rd, or goes out the door. Franzen is capable of putting up points when he plays, but he just doesn't show up all the time. That annoys me and really annoyed me this season. You got your 2 biggest stars Dats and Z getting beat up on the boards fighting for pucks, Cleary playing with a bad knee that was being injected and/or drained, Holmstrom playing with bad knees, and Franzen, one of the biggest players on the team, sitting out in the slot waiting for someone to pass him the puck. Typing this I realized I would have traded Franzen at the trade-deadline and if the Wings get Parise, I would still trade him. Going ahead blast me.

vCash
    Redwings13, I like your logic with Parise. I feel Datsyuk definitely needs help because he and Z were constantly getting smothered on the boards. That was what started me getting bashed on these boards. I wanted Nash on the Datsyuk line. I wanted someone on the line with Dats that stops other teams from keying on him. I like Parise and his work ethic. I think he will do fine. I still would love to put someone like Doan, Brown, etc on the line with Z (same reasons as Dats). My concerns about Semin are the same as Franzen. Semin is known for not working hard.

Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast